• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Whats the best Innova disc's

absolute best innova discs in those other categories would have to be:

drivers-
Boss
Destroyer
Beast
Sidewinder

Fairway drivers-
Teebird
Eagle

Putters-
Aviar (plenty of varieties out there)

I started out with a Leopard, great disc but the harder I throw, the more it turned. So I tried a real light R-Pro Boss (138gm) which added 30' dist first time I tried it, then it started turning so I got another at (150gm) great at first, now when I throw hard it turns. So I get a Star Boss (167gm) no turn but no dist and a lot of fade. I can side arm it, but it hurts my sholder. Got the Groove in a trade and its BAD. Someone gave me a champ Beast but I get no dist or control. I throw about 250' to 280'. I'm thinking maybe a Teebird for controll and maybe another R-Pro Boss (160gm) for dist.

Have you tried a sidewinder or wraith yet? They're my personal favorite for very straight discs that have little fade at the end of their flight if you throw them right. Although if you're throwing the sidewinder fast enough it will turn slightly. Avoid the 13 speeds for now is my advice, but try an Eagle or Teebird. Also, when trying to get accustomed to discs and a solid throwing pattern down, don't go for all distance drivers. Recently I have been driving with my mid ranges and actually putters on 200-260 foot holes. It has worked tremendously for me and I have a lot more control than I do on any of my drivers with 7+ speed.

I started out with a Leopard, great disc but the harder I throw, the more it turned. So I tried a real light R-Pro Boss (138gm) which added 30' dist first time I tried it, then it started turning so I got another at (150gm) great at first, now when I throw hard it turns. So I get a Star Boss (167gm) no turn but no dist and a lot of fade. I can side arm it, but it hurts my sholder. Got the Groove in a trade and its BAD. Someone gave me a champ Beast but I get no dist or control. I throw about 250' to 280'. I'm thinking maybe a Teebird for controll and maybe another R-Pro Boss (160gm) for dist.

I'm thinking that at 250' power a leopard should not turn over
unless it was a beat DX
I would suspect that you have form issues and OAT (off axis torque) and you are pulling the disc over rather than having it flip over

Putter
get whatever putter feels good

Mid
Roc if you like it
Buzzz otherwise

Drivers
drop anything over speed 7 for now
use a Leopard (control and turnovers) , Teebird (straight controlled), and Eagle (line shaping)
if you feel like you need something overstable for hard fades and headwinds get a champ Banshee at 170-175

once you have mastered these discs you can start moving up to speed 9s like Valk, Firebirds and try either an Orion LF or PD

if you don't play rough rocky courses also try to get the discs in Pro plastic (not possible for the Teebird and Eagle...but maybe get them in star)

the OLF and PD will still be in your bag when you throw over 350, 400, and 450
for that matter likely so would an Eagle and a Teebird

oh...for now get an Eagle L and not an Eagle X

WTFO?!
Ya might wanna change your handle to 'hercules'

why's that? I get my TeeRex to go out so far and come back very smoothly with no roll at all. I can easily get 350 feet out of it if I throw it with enough anhyzer and power on it.

this is force flexing an overstable high speed disc

not a good piece of advice for Veek

a better way of throwing 350 would be with a nice flat throw of a Teebird, Eagle, OLF, PD

check the "anti-wide rimmed driver" thread on discgolfreview for more info

yea when I first commented on the post I only read the title "What's the best innova disc" so I named my favorites. then i gave my advice to him above as shown. But I still don't see the hercules grip joke

WTFO?!
Ya might wanna change your handle to 'hercules'

why's that? I get my TeeRex to go out so far and come back very smoothly with no roll at all. I can easily get 350 feet out of it if I throw it with enough anhyzer and power on it.

What I am saying is this:

Putting anhyzer release on a pretty overstable disc to get it to fly straighter, fade later and get better D is not the same thing as throwing a good stable or understable disc for anhyzers (right turning drives for a RHBH). You are simply counteracting the teerexe's inherent overstability/major hyzer

A teerex is among the LAST discs I would choose to throw an 'anhyzer' because it won't hold one at all, so what you wrote is super confusing. Now that you explained it, at least I can understand what you meant.

As for the joke...
Only Hercules could flip a Teerex into a long anny...mystery over

And ManU explained it well too.
'Force flexing' a disc that is overstable isn't the kind of advice you wanna give a noob throwing 250'.

I can imagine veek standing at a right dog-leg hole for three days trying to get an "anny" out of a teerex because you said it was good for 'anhyzers'

:clap:
that was funny

Edit: he could however FH the Teerex on a hyzer and the disc would perform that job well

but I recommended the Banshee for him for that until he gets his technique more solid

Yeah I don't know why, but I get very good anhyzer out of my TeeRex, it holds its line for my shot and only comes out if I throw it really really high. I have had very good experience with it, and before I bought it, that's what I was told it would do, along with a super S curve at medium-not full strength speed. But that's just me.

might be one of those Teewreckses then
the mold suffers from inconsistency from what I have heard
maybe you have one of the not so stable versions

might be one of those Teewreckses then
the mold suffers from inconsistency from what I have heard
maybe you have one of the not so stable versions

Or Matrix really is Hercules :p

Here's what Dave Feldberg says about the teerex on innova's site

Dave Feldberg
I have a red 167g Star TeeRex that's very overstable. Avery (Jenkins) couldn't even turn it over. I released it with anhzyer over the water at the Memorial and it came back everytime despite the wind. Definitely an awesome disc.

hahahha wow I must have one of those weird ones then. Mine comes back, just never goes and fades how a overstable disc should at the end of its flight. Plus mine is a 173, also star plastic. So yeah either I'm Hercules or I got a mistake in the mold. Either way, I love it.

Anyhoooo
threadjack over veek!
get some speed 6-9 stuff and quit f'ing around with your bosses (which is always good advice in life as in dgolf)

Latest posts