• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

Double digits below zero (without wind chill).

It's supposed to be 50 or so tomorrow, and I'll go play.

Any colder than 30 or so and I tend to want to find other things to do. Then again, 30 usually also means snow and winds, so it's more than just the cold temperatures.

I agree with most and just layer up for the cold. Snow just means the plastic all get changed over to day-glow yellow so it gets lit up by the sun and I can find it in the snow. Worst round so far was ~30 degrees and freezing rain. First couple baskets had chains that were frozen solid. They just 'clunked' when you hit them.

Cold rain is the worst. I would much rather play in snow and below 0 temps than right around freezing with rain coming down.

I'll play in almost any conditions. Just dress appropriately and everything should be just dandy. I hate it when you dress for cold weather and then for some unknown reason the weather changes and it gets warmer. Then you begin to sweat because of all the layers you have on and then the temperature changes again and gets windy and you feel your body shiver because of the sweat. Or maybe that's only me...who knows.

Saturday here is supposed to be 14º with 15mph winds. I'm gonna go pick through a couple PIAS used bins and then consider going to throw whatever I find. Sunday, 24º...I'll definitely get out that morning.

Cold rain is the worst. I would much rather play in snow and below 0 temps than right around freezing with rain coming down.

Same here. I'm not a fan of playing in the rain whether or not it's 20 or 80.

I have played plenty of rounds with below zero temps....typically have the course to myself. :thmbup:

I'll play in almost any conditions. Just dress appropriately and everything should be just dandy. I hate it when you dress for cold weather and then for some unknown reason the weather changes and it gets warmer. Then you begin to sweat because of all the layers you have on and then the temperature changes again and gets windy and you feel your body shiver because of the sweat. Or maybe that's only me...who knows.

Get some lightweight polypro or some other high wicking long johns. That should pull the sweat away from your skin. And therefore keep you warmer.

Did some field testing today, checking out wind performance of some drivers. Balmy 16 degrees with a wind chill of 2. Feels fine in the sun with the wind at your back.

Just played a glow round last night with the temp sitting at -4 degrees.

Played a Glow round last night myself, 50 deg weather and a very light sprinkle. Not often I get 50 deg weather with green grass and no wind in December while playing in Michigan. :thmbup:

Looks like that nasty weather out West is heading East, gonna be chilly this weekend. :\

I played all 3 IDGC courses and lake Russel in 30* and raining, they look at us with impressed awe at the IDGC. Tonight I'll be playing -20 windchill, I'll play in the worst of conditions, not only just to say I did it but because I actully enjoy it and I'm continually blown away that nobody (ok, I've come across you occasional lllike minded nutjob) is out there enjoyin the experience. I mean really how often do you get to pllay in 20" of snow and minus80 windchill or whatever.

I played all 3 IDGC courses and lake Russel in 30* and raining, they look at us with impressed awe at the IDGC. Tonight I'll be playing -20 windchill, I'll play in the worst of conditions, not only just to say I did it but because I actully enjoy it and I'm continually blown away that nobody (ok, I've come across you occasional lllike minded nutjob) is out there enjoyin the experience. I mean really how often do you get to pllay in 20" of snow and minus80 windchill or whatever.

I try not to go below 45 degrees. Recently I played at daybreak at 25 degrees, and couldn't complain because it was I was with a Minnesotan and Wisconsonite who didn't think 25 degrees was cold.

I try not to go below 45 degrees. Recently I played at daybreak at 25 degrees, and couldn't complain because it was I was with a Minnesotan and Wisconsonite who didn't think 25 degrees was cold.

Were they wearing shorts and a t shirt?