• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

I've played in the low 20s before.

Tonight we have night golf league, and it's gonna be in the low 30s - time to bundle up and fill up the zippo!

In 2006, the Big Chill at UW-Parkside was around 0 with a windchill around -15. It was the coldest and windiest day I ever played disc. I remember the a player on my card had a putt go backwards out of his hand and land about twenty feet behind the original lie. It was pretty funny. Good thing it was a doubles event

It doesn't get that cold here. It's about 20 right now, and that's rare. Still plan to play a glow round tonight. No weather will keep me off the course. The worst conditions make for the best stories.

As cold as it gets. Played in the 20s and 30s often for glow golf.

Not this year though, freaking global warming. It was 70 last night.

We played a round here in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area. It was about 25˚. There wasn't much wind, but we had several inches of sleet. A lot of it tends to turn into a layer of ice over the ground. Discs take some weird skips off of ice, we had a few that stayed in one spot spinning for 10 seconds or so. One of the craziest round I've ever played.

Played today in south east iowa at 11 degress with a negative wind chill. Only a quick nine but dang was it cold. As long as im dressed right I have yet to see any weather I wouldnt play in.

Played almost a full two rounds in 17° temp / 5° wind chill on Thursday afternoon. Ran into darkness and lost a disc. A white disc.
:doh:

Then it started to snow.
freezing-my-butt-off.gif

Went back to look for it at dawn Friday morning when it was 10° out. Found it, drove back home, and went back to bed.

Going out today, forecast is Sunny, High 28F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Sounds good!

Going out for a round tomorrow. Its supposed to be in the 80's. I think I can handle it!:D

coldest so far this year is 16F ive played in. i really gotta move outta mn and find better weather. im young and ive realized its silly to stay couped up inside for the most part for 1/4 the year.

When I lived up north, or go up to visit, I never let the weather stop me from playing. This is our "season" down here now. We do play through the summer down here, but the heat/humidity can be brutal.

In OK, going from single digits to 115, you pick your poison. Seems like"spring" and "fall" lays about a total of 3 days around here. Although i must say, this summer was the best temps I've ever experienced, anywhere.

I've played in about 10. Winter tournaments are usually around 20 degrees here. It depends a lot on wind and sun; that can make 20 feel like 40 or 5. Is probably draw the like at 5 degrees in prime conditions. Higher if its really windy.

Northwest and AZ don't get that cold so I have never even considered not playing because of temp.....hard wind and rain in a couple tourny's was a drag; but when there is golf to be played..I'm in!