• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the most you have ever paid for a disc?

$40 CE Shark, over usual limit of around $30, but has been worth it.
That being said, I might someday be willing to buy a CE aviar if I find the right one.

$25 for a Tourney Stamp GStar Destroyer

Was going to pull the trigger on an 80$ Glowfly before It got swiped from under my nose....

$20 each for 4 Swirl APX's... and most people would consider that a bargain.
I like playing and like new discs, but I refuse to pay premium prices for plastic. There are lots of great disc to be had out there at reasonable and even cheap prices. I'm not a pro and I don't wall hang or collect.

Discs are meant to be thrown, complained about, lost and then b!tched about because no one calls to return them.
I pretty much agree with this.

Last edited:
General rule for me: nothing over $20-$25 and if I'm buying a disc for that much that's pretty rare. I stick to production and production prices and on the low end.

$22 for a brainwave dyed Star Sidewinder that I thought was PFN. Turns out the flight numbers were wiped, and relatively tough to see with the dye.

Anything else of value I have is from trades.

I don't remember how much exactly I paid for the 2 used FR ions I had but know I sold them for much more than I paid and was happy with that.

think I sold one for $250 and paid $80.

Tbirds is seriously priceless. $1k+ bids starting ;) ... maybe ill be in his will!

As to the question, I think 24,90€ for brand new FR SPD. Some fundraisers might be in the same ballpark but anything closer to 30€ I get wary of and over that probably would not buy. I dont buy them to resale at a profit. To throw mostly, sometimes as wallhangers (might throw them first some).

I paid $50 for a CE Spider to be a back up for the CE Spider I found years ago and throw.
I justified that to myself by realizing the average I've paid for two CE Spiders is $25.

I've paid maybe $20 max. I don't buy collectors, but I do however buy first runs and throw them if I like them. I had a first run destroyer I traded off for two discs though, double my money IMO since I don't collect. There have been some tempting discs though I have to say...but not enough to spend the $.

60 bucks for a 9/10 CE Teebird that i'm throwing.

Looks like an original Jeff Ashe (sp?) brainwave dye from the factory too. Never seen another like it.

paid retail ($30 :() for a couple 10year Buzzzes in the colors I needed. one is a righteous thrower and the other lives in the back-up box waiting to be called up.

the Buzzz market is super dumb at the moment.

Latest posts