• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the worst disc you've ever had/thrown?

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but to the best of my knowledge, Quest's the Odyssey was the first two piece disc... saw those years before I'd even heard of MVP.

Don't even bet an Odyssey on it. AMF Voit had overmolds in the 80s, and I personally think the Buzzbee (70s) is a closer relative to the Odysseys and Nova/Atlas than MVP's in terms of construction.

Don't even bet an Odyssey on it. AMF Voit had overmolds in the 80s, and I personally think the Buzzbee (70s) is a closer relative to the Odysseys and Nova/Atlas than MVP's in terms of construction.
Thanks Zam... I stand corrected.

Never seen the older stuff you mentioned, but agree that in terms of construction, the Nova and Atlas have more in common with the Odyssey, than with MVP & Axiom's overmolds. Not commenting on how it flies (never thrown one), or it's durability, but just looking at the overmold on the Nova - it just seems downright cheap compared to MVP's stuff.

/ thread drift

There's so much history of awesomeness :p in this thread! It's like listening to your great uncles reminisce on experiences back in the day. "When I went to school, I had to walk 10 miles. And it was uphill both ways!" "yeah, well, I had to carry my cousin who had polio!" etc.

Haha Quest, providing answers to questions that no one was asking.

Anyone ever throw a 10M brick? Feels like a paper plate with a hockey puck glued to it.

Anyone ever throw a 10M brick? Feels like a paper plate with a hockey puck glued to it.

I have 10M brick at home. My son liked to try it a few years ago, when he was wanting to try anything out of the ordinary... We have a Quest Inferno also, along with various Gumputts and a Flywood. Oh yeah, don't forget SkyIron (from Columbus!) and the Quarter K from the UK.....

I should open a museum maybe....

Sky iron had an okay understable driver I so remember right, and as I've said before the QK isn't terrible. Just needed better plastic.

What is the flywood like? I've looked at them but never bought since you can't legally throw them.

Skyiron was a really thin and flat understable driver. I liked its profile, but never threw it enough to get consistent with it. They were OOP when I bought it, mostly as a novelty since it was from my town. I bought a QK from Derrick in the UK at the Quarry Park DGC, so it was more of a momento than anything else. The plastic was pretty soft tho....

We got the Flywood mid-range. It's pretty cool really. Flies pretty straight, and makes killer sounds when it hits stuff. In retrospect, I probably would rather have the putter, but it's still fun for the shock value.

One of those Quest discs that was pretty cool if you ignored that it was a golf disc. Maybe a better training aide than a disc to bag. I threw it around the pro shop plenty and it did a good job at taking your mind off the usual spinny-disc thing, and focusing on moving a balanced weight (with a wing attached) in a ballistic arc to the target. As a golf disc, it was a ballistic arc to the toilet.

Try a Nuke SS in the Z lite plastic. When it worked it was a thing of beauty...when it didn't look the heck out.

Sheesh, I can hardly get a Nuke SS to work in regular Z plastic. Can't imagine throwing a really light one.

I agree on the Bolt too. I've had a couple good Bolts that could handle some good arm without flipping all the way over. Other times they'll flip regardless of how much hyzer you put them on.

Some of the longest drives I've ever had have been with Nuke SSs. Throw it just right and there isn't a longer disc on the market. Problem is, the other 49/50 throws will most likely flip over or do something else awry.

Proto? Gstar Colt. Tried multiple lines to find even one that I would use more than once per round... Meh.

My form is good, I can throw a beat Roc a long distance with a late turn at the end. I just don't really like trilogy plastic and I might have been trolling a bit......

Actually almost all of the Lat 64 plastic I've thrown has beaten in really fast though my DD and WS stay fresh much longer.
Weird since it's the exact same plastic and in DDs case their discs are all but L64 discs except for the name on the stamp. Lat64's disc designer also designs for DD, much like how Dunipace designs discs for both Innova and Discmania

I would have to say the UB Discs Procul. I bought it for the stamp and to try out UB Discs, but the discs is just awful. Flashing is so bad that it cuts up your finger to throw FH and the disc has almost no glide.

I was looking through my stored discs...I had forgotten that I have a Groove (found it while looking for a disc in the rough on Blue Valley, MO Hole 10). However, I have never thrown it. Everything I've heard about them, I've kinda been afraid to. I guess I've saved it as a future sacrifice.

I have not read all of the threads, so sue me. The disc that I didn't trust/hated was a super soft Vibram Ibex. Didn't know the game, it was about my third disc, and I used it as a sorry ass putter. I always threw sidearm and was terrified of throwing it in the wind. It sat sadly in my trunk as I switched to Trilogy plastic and became a fan-boy.

Fast-forward eight months... I really wanted to be able to throw the important RHBH lines that exist in this game and realized the reason midranges and fairways exist. I began to love my shield and compass when I could at least throw a backhand...

I left my shield at Idlewild and threw my compass into a large river... The soft Ibex showed that it was not wind dependent... I could crank it straight with hyzer finish. It could hold an anny or hyzer line very well. It became an extremely integral part of my bag. Today I lost that disc. It was so important to my upshots that it was in my putter sleeve and fell out.

I just ordered a new Ibex and Compass online and hope they fly like my last... The reality is that the more that I play this game, the more that I realize that while the disc flight is dependent on the disc, I have to use it as intended and not expect it to fly against its nature.

The Worst disc I have ever used is I threw once in 2006 a Aerobie Epic. it seems so specialized to being only a thumber and a tomahawk type disc. I have seen some bad discs like from Quest AT the M10 in original plastic used as an approach disc, as a bad disc as it became PDGA unplayable when it hit a tree, the disc had a crack in the rim part only. I bet the newer hard Champion like plastic ones would be better then the ones made in original plastic.

Latest posts