• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's wrong with my Double D?

Kellermeyer14

I've been trying out Quest AT's double d lately which proportedly has the same characteristics of a Max.

With my Max and Tee Rex I can just let it rip forehand with an anhyzer grip and get that sweet S curve for 360 to 400 footers. When I try it with the double d, it just turns over and hits the ground. WTF?

Is it me or is it the disc?

That just means that the double d is more understable than the Max. I'd switch back to your original discs, especially since 400 feet is a pretty respectable distance.

I have a buddy who forehands his Double D and every time before he throws he spends about 30 seconds bending and shaping it. I'm not sure if it does any good but whenever he throws it looks like it's going to crash hard into the ground but somehow stays up and goes pretty far.

I did read something about shaping it on their website. So that seems to be the key?

I've also heard that lower grade plastics can cause discs to be more understable. Both my Max and Tee Rex are Stars, I wasn't sure if it would have that much of an effect, though.

But if I understand flexing right, flexing the disc upwards causes it to be more overstable?