• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your "bread and butter" disc?

166g Z Buzzz - I can do everything with that disc. Drive, upshot, putt. I wouldn't cry too hard if I lost it, because it's a Discraft, and I could order another 166g Z Buzzz, and it would be exactly the same.

/me runs serpentine while covering head with arms.

my two Kc Pro gazelles. lovvee them i'll drive, approach, and, fairway with these things. if i was playing a 1 disc tourney i'd take one of them. hands down.
OH YEAH !
koolaid.jpg

I hate that this is now a ghost. :(

There is no other disc that can match it for sheer usefulness.

The K.C. Pro Gazelle is not a golf disc, it's a professional disc golf tool.

In the right hands,it can work lines with surgical like precision, going places other discs just cant go.

I'm in agreement with the poster above, for a one disc round, this is my disc. :hfive:

2005 Player's Cup Tracker or Second Run Buzzz

champ groove is the disc i get most excited to throw. it's certainly my go-to disc

but i wouldn't care if i lost it. a new one out of the bag will do what i need.

now i'd be all kinds of angry if i lost my very beat in D XL. sweeeeet disc. but i don't get all pumped up before i throw anny's like i do long hyzer bombs.

also, i play a lot of very wooded areas. zig zagging through trees is a necessity. the groove rocks for short approaches where i need a steep anny s-curves. a light high throw and it winds right through.

halo worked better for that but i lost that one

Im kind of dissapointed that I dont have a single disc that is my bread and butter, must have.

Right now, I sure am liking a KC Pro Cheetah and nursing it by not throwing around trees or hazards where it might get lost. Im actually still debating on a DX Gazelle or DX Cheetah to take those tasks when they come as neither are quite where the KC Pro Cheetah is but either can do fine in its place.

CryZtal Buzzz or a beat Pro D Cyclone.

Pro gazelle. 150 11x and 172 9x. While the 150g is still wind resistant the 172g is waaaaay more wind stable.

For me it's a toss up between my beat-up DX Gazelle and seasoned 179g Goldline Core. My Gazelle is perfectly beat-in so it executes amazing turnover shots that only that disc can do. And my GL Core is worked in really well to the point that I can toss it with slight hyzer and have it flip to flat and just ride a lazer straight to wherever I need it to go. I'd be lost without either disc in my bag.

I wish I had a bread and butter disc. All mine are more like sausage gravy on a biscuit with a fried egg on top. I guess it's time for lunch now.

If there is a tailwind on a long ass hold I get all antsy to rip my 167 champ katana and watch it go forever.

I always enjoy letting loose with my Star Roadrunner or my DX Sidewinder, but I've still not worn the new factor off my Sirius Orion LF.

My favorite disk has to be my 86 Softie, though. Never found a better putter... not even my Supersoft Omega stands up.

First Run Discraft Z Stalker. this disc is just amazing. I love ripping it on a straight line and watch it go. Has multiple uses and I couldn't get thru a round without it.

you guys who are talking about their putters as their "go-tu" discs dont understand the concept of a "go-tu" disc.

inconceivable_means_02.jpg

If I've got a shot I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I fall back on my wizard. It's predictable and still capable of good distance. That is go-to. It doesn't have to be a driver just because most people cannot throw them very far. If I have a 450' straight tunnel shot I'm probably going to throw the putter, not a driver. Example is blue-ribbon pines. I threw a comet first, then a putter second on hole 4. Since I'm more apt to grab the wizard than the comet, I say wizard.

My DX and Pro Roc, Love those discs and can make them bend anyway that I need them to. For my driver I love my Star Wraith, I know its fade and I know how it plays in the wind. My best disc used to be my beat DX eagle but I lost it and can't get another Eagle to behave like it used it.

Latest posts