• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your "bread and butter" disc?

Soft Magnets for shorter drives (< 250') and 95% of my approaches. A brand new one is my real bread and butter with some stability, but my floppy beat to crap one can pull off some ridiculous hyzer flip shots.

I have been changing up drivers WAY too much, and I don't have a real bread and butter driver at the moment... I carry lots of molds and am kind of a "right disc for the job" kinda guy, as opposed to a "throw my teebird for everything" kinda guy (although I do have a KC pro candy Teebird that I enjoy, and a champ teebird). Closest drivers I have to being bread and butter are my Z predator that I can throw backhand and forehand hyzers with, and a tie between my ESP Surge and 150 class DX Destroyer for distance drives depending on what the wind conditions are.

Im starting to really love my Pro D Challenger. Im a pretty bad putter to begin with, but this thing makes me look at least decent.

180 KC Pro Roc or 175 Champ Teebird. I rarely need both on a hole, but it seems like at most courses I'm just alternating between the 2; and for that, they are definitely my bread and butter.

As of today it would be 175 Champion TL. It has been super consistent lately. But my 180 R-Pro Roc is a close second. The only reason it's not first is I haven't found the right hyzer angle for a long staight drive. I usually turn it over when going for distance.

175g Star Eagle X, with SEX on the back. Purple, and great for every shot, I let my wife try it a couple days ago and told her that the disc meant more to me than her happiness, so she wasn't going to keep it. I'm now sleeping on the couch with my favorite disc and I couldn't be happier :)

My bread and butter is my putter.

172 Gateway S Wizard signed by Ken "the mutant" Jarvis in NZ on our trip this spring. I have 3 blue 172 Wizards that are all the same, but the signed one is becoming my favorite. I figured that since I'm a player and not a collector… I'll just keep on using it till it stops going in the hole; then put it on a nail as a keepsake.

p.s. No I didn't have a Teebird for him to sign, and yes I'm glad I had him sign a putter and not a driver. The putter get's used on every hole, well all but 3 this year anyway ;-)

Latest posts