• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's your favorite FH disc?

DesertFox

Birdie Member
Title says it all. What's your go-to disc for SideArm/Forehand throws?

I was looking through my collection and had forgotten about a DX Banshee I had found early on and decided to go throw it around for a bit. Didn't realize it was so light (145G wow) and flew not so good backhand. So picked it up and tried throwing it forehand and omgoodness it was my first ever decent throw! I've been doing alot of field work with it and its actually somewhat going where I want it to! Don't know if it's the slim profile or the overstableness of it but it just FEELS right in my hand where many others haven't.

Also, for the more experienced players, should I get new Banshees in various weights or should I just stick with the lighter stuff? I'm not sure how they'll hold up in tough winds. I know they're overstable but will the light weights still be taken by strong winds?

I forehand with all my discs depending on the situation, but my favorites off the tee are champion firebird's and star max's.

Banshees are great. I have a 150 class champ Banshee that I really like for forehand. I also like throwing X Avengers forehand.

150g Star Teebird
For FH, needs to be light, flat, and shallow rimmed for me....still working on it but that helps.

i dont FH much but if i am its either a Firebird or Zone.. i mean i can FH others but those are the most predictable and for what i use a FH for those molds excel

Zone and Resistor for OS duty approaches (75 - 200)
P PD for S line "distance". S PD for control straight to hyzer "distance" approaches and drives
Volt and Shock work really well for straight drive for me too.

"distance" refer to my rather short FH actual distance potential. I doubt I can make my PD, Volt or Shock past 300 (but my fh form is rather clean, I don't torque the disc into an anhyzer to hope for it to comeback. Nice flat release)

Star Destroyers (in different stabilities) for max distance shots.
Star Firebird for skip, flare shots.
Z Buzzz for upshots.

Last edited:
MVP Volt.

It is my goto, get out of trouble, FH disc for shots over 80 feet or so. I'll use it off the tee sometimes on short holes. I'm gonna try the Tesla for drives, was using Echo Destoyer. For short, I'm using a Mid right now, Aftershock. I can forehand my Pure in a pinch too.

You like I may prefer a very o/s disc to throw forehand since you like the Banshee. I started with a Flick & I carry 1 to 3 in different weights. Now I can also flick a Wraith well. For mids I flick a roc3

Champ Fbirds (although the OP proline are the very best) for controlled fairway or fh roller shots
Champ Ape for Distance because it will always come back!

I use my Banshee for FH shots a lot as well. I don't remember weight (at least 167) in Champion plastic. I FH other things too but that one is easy to get where you want it to go.

Champ Firebird
Proshop BB Glow Gator

Both do a fine job of getting me out of trouble. Learning how to flick them immensely helped my approach game. I still don't have much of a 'distance' forehand though.

Also, for the more experienced players, should I get new Banshees in various weights or should I just stick with the lighter stuff? I'm not sure how they'll hold up in tough winds. I know they're overstable but will the light weights still be taken by strong winds?

Anyone wanna help me with this?

Elite Z Glow Buzz by far my most Favorite then its a toss up between Legacy Rival or Innova Starfire.