• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your favorite shot to throw?

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
We will go with all distances just for fun

-DISTANCE (say 320+)

-FAIRWAY (250-320)

-MIDRANGE (~100-250)

-PUTTER (0-~100)

-Trouble-Spot-Shot** (That disc/throw you make that you don't want to have to do....but you kinda like throwing it)

* I put this symbol '~' to signify 'about' As I know not all people throw specific discs for certain distances (Let's not make this a 'I throw a putter on anything up to 300 ft' or whatever)

D: Hyzerflip D4 Straight Bomb
F: Flat release turning Anny F7 hold and flatten. hehe
M: Hyzerflip up to dead straight M4 and just laser-beam
P: Anny an OS putter Pa1 and have it glide anny and fade late and sit in the chains
TSS: Forehand anny a Flick and have it flatten and then turn hard and fade the other direction just cuttin' through the trees.

:popcorn::thmbup:

I love throwing turn-over shots. Slight hyzer out of my hand, turns up then over very slowly and aims right for the intended target. Gives me a woody just thinking about them. :D

I can throw a putter forehand like nobodies business. The only shot I have that people are envious of.

D- diamond light with an extreme hyzer flip, eagle straight
F- saint anny,
M- truth (kicking my buzz out) or even a tursas
P- aviar circle, or wizard from the depths
Ts- dominator anny s shot

I can throw a putter forehand like nobodies business. The only shot I have that people are envious of.

If you ever in the Eastern Panhandle of WV I will challenge you to a Forehand Putter round any day. The shot that consistently gets me praise. Nobody else can seem to forehand anything besides overstable drivers. Meanwhile I'm throwing zones on Hyzers, Ridges for dead straight and Summits for late fades to the right. I have dozens of forehand puts from 80+ ft out and only one or tow with backhands.

Forehanding a putter is easy... If you have a pig:X

Edit: fav shot to throw is probably a thumber, lots of holes are just an easy birdie with a well placed thumber w/ my monster or a skip shot with a flat firebird

D: Big ol' s-curves are a thing of beauty
F: Nailing a tight tunnel shot with my Teebird
M: KC Roc getting my up close after a ****ty drive
P&A: Upshots have traditionally been my strong suit. Saved my butt many a time with a nice approach into the circle from my KC Aviar

D: MVP Amp or MVP Inertia - Pretty much the only shot I can get out that far, an understable driver on a distance throw with a slight s-curve.

F: MVP Volt - Dead straight lasers. So much fun.

M: MVP Vector - Reliable slight swooping hyzer.

P: Discraft Zone - Pancakes, grenades, and forehand upshots.

D: Hyzer bomb -destroyer
F: Laser beam - teebird

TSS: Overhand - Firebird

S-curves are great, but I think my favorite is when you land a drive just outside of putting distance but too close to feel like laying up is all you can do...so you sink a lovely 80 ft. shot with a midrange. That feels pretty dope.

Anything that goes were I want it to land! In all reality it is a hyzer flip that runs for a mile and has a slight flex to it. Nothing come close to a shot like that in my book.

Spike hyzers. Nothing as fun as pulling back and just launching a disc high on a hyzer angle and watching it fly.

I recently made a 2 on a hole that I have never gotten a 2 on. I had a big booming drive but of course its a long hole so it was about a 40+ putt uphill . I sank the putt by throwing my pa4 backhand......I honestly think it felt just like an ace....because it was pressure on 2 shots to get the Bird. Or Eagle according to the sign posted. And as I stepped up to the drive I looked at the basket and said out loud "I want that 2" and I took my time and sank it. Looked great hitting center chains and actually sticking. I celebrated and my 2 buddies along cheered. We all have never seen a 2 on that hole. I know it's been done.....but not by me until then. I'd say those backhand throwing putts (so not jump putt or spin putt) that ride long and glide and stick in.......Best feeling......also same dealy with a midrange as somebody mentioned above)

I like them all but I would have to say my midrange shots the most. I love weaving shots though and around things

Tight straight tunnel shot that finishes right with a Foxbat. Hyzer to keep it straight down the tunnel then finish right at the end. Tough to perfect but a thing of beauty when it happens just right.

D: Flex shots and long hyzer flips
F: Straight to fade and straight
M: Hyzer and straight shots
P: Straight and annys
Ts: Spike Hyzers

The shot that go's in.....
But in all seriousness, I love to throw the 5 to 8 foot high rope that fly's like a laser and fades at the end to park the hidden basket on a narrow, wooded fairway.