• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your longest throw?

In what range is your longest throw?

• <200

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 200-250

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 250-300

Votes: 45 9.5%
  • 300-350

Votes: 121 25.6%
  • 350-400

Votes: 118 25.0%
  • 400-450

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • 450-500

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • >500

Votes: 31 6.6%

• Total voters
Do throws off a mountain count? Because I threw a really beat up Pro Beast off of stone mountain in NC and it probably traveled 1200' (most of it down).

I had a nice long throw yesterday. I threw a Surge about 25 ft short of a 396' hole, into a light headwind. I landed left so I was still about 45 ft to the basket.

Actually, had some nice long throws with other discs:

A Roc even with the basket on a 315'
A Voodoo 15 ft short on a 264' (on a low line in a tight fairway)
A Gazelle past the basket on a hole I usually needed a Teebird to reach (325')

The work with the slower discs is paying off in distance and increased accuracy...

Last edited:
I missed an Ace at Lemon Lake Red #18 last weekend...dont remember what the distance was, it was one of my longer throws though. hit the 20ft return putt for a 2, it was a good feeling

Mine has improved to about 435' on flat ground. It was from End Zone to End zone on a football field, plus about 30 steps (my steps are about 2.6 feet).

Longest Roller is around 550' on flat ground.

Longest throw with a tailwind and downhill was 550'. Oh the thin air of Colorado.

Longest measured using a football field and walking the rest of the way was 416 feet.
Besides the 416 throw that I had a 434 foot throw on a field hole. It was 167 steps and google map said 434 ft. I usually tell people my longest was 416 feet though because I was using more a accurate measurement.

Usually throw 360-380 though

Last edited:
I can throw 280ish on the football field. I can hit 400 downhill on certain courses around here though. Elevation rocks! My 1st run Star Teerex (sidearm) or my Star Katana (backhand) usually does the trick.

600 Bills open field with a CFR 175 Katana Flat Ground with a tail wind left to right. Previous was in a distance competition at the Higher Power Open at Windwood Disc Golf course, threw 520 with an 173ESP Nuke also with a tail wind.

Last edited:
today on flat ground with no wind, i ripped a 175g x-out champion valkyrie with a skinny, long, floating S on a 425 foot wide open hole on flat ground. i paced off 23 steps between the bakset so i'm guessing between 350-370 feet is my best throw so far. my game is starting to get dramatically better now that i've incorporated an X step on the tee pad instead of a standstill reach-back

Now I wanna know what the original post was...

I posted from my iPhone, I think I just misspelled something and the iPhones auto correct put the complete wrong word in, that's what usually happens.

Ps I have the 416 ft throw on video, including me walking the distance off. I'll post it and have someone comment on my form.

about 520 with like 80 feet of downhill, but on a flat football feild about 370 with a nice S-curve (in a tailwind too). both of those were with a beat in champ orc. normally im only about 300, maybe a bit over. in a headwind i can only get like 280 though.

Latest posts