• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your longest throw?

In what range is your longest throw?

• <200

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 200-250

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 250-300

Votes: 45 9.5%
  • 300-350

Votes: 121 25.6%
  • 350-400

Votes: 118 25.0%
  • 400-450

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • 450-500

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • >500

Votes: 31 6.6%

• Total voters
My longest on flat ground came on a hole that was marked as 504'. With hard packed ground, I can get a pretty favorable skip and I have come within 100' of the basket. 400' is not the norm for me, so I can't help but wonder about the hole measurement, especially because I've repeated the throw many times. I'm normally a 350+- thrower.

On flat ground, not sure but I'd guess somewhere between 350 and 400 using a 168 Pro Katana. I'll have to get a rough measure next time I'm out there (Seneca Creek). That Katana has been consitantly my longest driver - accurate too. Love that disc!!!

On a course, flat ground, no wind, throwing an actual line and not a huge flex shot, I've taken the following molds to the 400-450 range: Teebirds, Cheetah, OLF's, Destroyers, Katana, Boss, Nukes, Roadrunners, Stalkers, Buzz, Valkyrie, Gazelle, Leopard etc.

Throwing BH rollers, retarded flex shots or strong tailwind hyzerflips, I've broken 500' with Destroyers, Roadrunners, SL's and Forces.

Disc doesn't seem to make much difference. Once I know enough about a mold to understand how I need to throw it for a given line distance stems from technique. That being said I still want a flat ground no wind 400' Wizard throw to happen.

Last edited:
After playing only 1.5 years?

This is why you can't believe everything you read online.

apprx. 435', parked hole 17 at hunter park in Tulsa, OK (measures 440') - assuming the footage is properly done. Wind assisted with a sidewinder.

Longest non-wind assisted throw would be apprx. 425', 10' short of the shortest placement at Albert Oakland Back course on hole 3 - hyzerflip with a beat pro wraith.

updated.
about 450' at Mexico's McMillan (northeast) park, hole 18. slight S-turn with a 169 star destroyer. had about 100' left to the pin.

I've had 2 or 3 drives that just barely broke 400 on flat ground when I got everything right, unfortunately that usually happens when I'm trying to get to a hole at 360' and I overshoot it into the rough. Then I get to the 400' hole and try to do it again and end up throwing it into the ground 150' off the tee...

Well, 7 months later I can consistently get 400-420', and occasionally push one out to 440'ish

Yeah. I do have 350' putter throws recorded on video and uploaded on youtube btw. Not everyone learns at a typical pace. *Shrug*

:doh: Well now that I've been thoroughly embarrassed, I have to ask, what plastic and weight is the wizard you throw that far? I'm dying to try one out now.

Sorry for the skepticism btw.

Max D in open field I have hit 510-520 a few times. With an X avenger, teebird and Surge.

On the course I tend to top out at 450', but its hard to measure any one drive.

I should update my answer on this one. My longest flat ground is the same, between 460-500'. My longest drive (downhill) was ~740'. I passed this hole by about 30 feet, right over the top of the basket dead center, roughly a foot high. Longest drive: Z Comet.

b6626856.jpg

I drove twice (more than that actually, but only twice with comets) with comets, the Z Comet passed it by 30', the new X Comet was pin high and right by 30'.

just had a personal best this weekend!

it was 334 for my longest measured throw, D Destroyer 165ish

now its 350, FLX Surge 168

average drive is only 290, that 350 monster i had was a fluke

I've had a handful of shots in the 410-425 range. Usually with Nukes/Katanas but a few of those have been with a 167g Champ Valk with a nice Tailwind. Most of my drives top out in the 350 range now...not sure what I did to lose the distance gains I had...

Latest posts