• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your longest throw?

In what range is your longest throw?

• <200

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 200-250

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 250-300

Votes: 45 9.5%
  • 300-350

Votes: 121 25.6%
  • 350-400

Votes: 118 25.0%
  • 400-450

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • 450-500

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • >500

Votes: 31 6.6%

• Total voters
Just over 300' during field practice that I've measured but i think I've thrown a few at least 320' during play. I think it was a Valk 160s.

Last edited:
My longest was a little over 300' with a 165 champ valk

And I have thrown 360' on a downhill shot

Scratch that

Beat it during a round today

335' with a 167 Beast

Over threw the basket by 100' but that doesn't really matter does it?..

My longest was on a slight downhill throw, 310'. Basket was 330' away. Don't worry steroid tests came back negative.

Well, if I go by the sinage at Lighthouse or David A Lorenz park in Centennial, CO I am somewhere in the 350-400' range. Any number of discs I have thrown that far on any number of holes there.

I assume that you updated the lengths on this site though so I am still fairly accurate. They do change pin locations occasionally though I must admit they were all in the same place last week as they were back in November.
Yep, DGCR has the laser accurate distances.

I've had a few throws over 400' and all were pure flukes.

502',#6, McClain in SA. I threw a DC Force sidearm and ended up abour 70' from the pin. My normal drive on this hole is about 300-325' if I'm lucky.

622', #13, McClain. About the third time I ever threw my Champ Boss I planted one under the power line tower out right at 400' at a slight uphill incline.

I've also had a 500'+ fluke roller. I was trying out a new XCal on a 375' slight downhill hole. I was trying a sidearm "S" shot but tilted the disc up too high. It landed right on it's edge and rolled past the hole, over a running path and into the woods.

Probably the longest drive I've ever had, was cut off on 325',#17, McClain, with an slight elevated tee box. There is a creek about 10' right behind the basket. I overthrew the basket and found my disc about 40' on the other side of the creek. My disc was hung up in the brambles about 4-5' off the ground. I'd liked to have seen how far it would have gone. That throw felt smooth and as soon as I released, I knew I'd caught it all.

Earlier today, I played East Metro Park. #8 measures 805' but is downhill most of the way. I don't know how long my drive off the tee was but my second shot was about 25' past the basket. Both shots were with a new DC Force I picked up down in Houston at the Texas State Championships a few weeks ago which I'm trying to break in.

Woodpecker

I've had a few throws over 400' and all were pure flukes.

502',#6, McClain in SA. I threw a DC Force sidearm and ended up abour 70' from the pin. My normal drive on this hole is about 300-325' if I'm lucky.

622', #13, McClain. About the third time I ever threw my Champ Boss I planted one under the power line tower out right at 400' at a slight uphill incline.

I've also had a 500'+ fluke roller. I was trying out a new XCal on a 375' slight downhill hole. I was trying a sidearm "S" shot but tilted the disc up too high. It landed right on it's edge and rolled past the hole, over a running path and into the woods.

Probably the longest drive I've ever had, was cut off on 325',#17, McClain, with an slight elevated tee box. There is a creek about 10' right behind the basket. I overthrew the basket and found my disc about 40' on the other side of the creek. My disc was hung up in the brambles about 4-5' off the ground. I'd liked to have seen how far it would have gone. That throw felt smooth and as soon as I released, I knew I'd caught it all.

Earlier today, I played East Metro Park. #8 measures 805' but is downhill most of the way. I don't know how long my drive off the tee was but my second shot was about 25' past the basket. Both shots were with a new DC Force I picked up down in Houston at the Texas State Championships a few weeks ago which I'm trying to break in.

Woodpecker

Revision! The first drive was on hole #10 at McClain, not #6.

I'm sure you guys have never gotten the wrong hole!!! LOL

Woodpecker

Around 450' at Baker Farm with an ESP Force. I got a 3 on a ~900ft hole, made my day!

Wow, that's some mighty drives and awesome long putt! Actually, its 911ft at hole #11.

Anyway, for me, I was able to hit 420ft on good days (winds and lucks) and averagely hitting 320-375ft at the most with various well-beaten SRP Raging Inferno DTs (170-175g).

A good friend of mine was visiting in town recently and he was able to drive his Z-Buzzz beyond 350ft most of the time!! I was floored to see him throwing with such ease and it flies straight and true all the way down the fairway to the basket for an easy deuce!

Makes me wanna to go back to basics again...:|

425 At Terramont

I know its not saying much but i was able to drive it about 425 down a slight hill on hole 8 at Terramont Park in The Woodlands Tx.. As for a flat footed drive I have been able to throw between 340-360 feet on a good day without wind. My average drive is between 310-335.

1st Run Champ Boss; actually thrown on a slight uphill on hole 5 at Arcadia Park in Keller, TX. It hit ground about 420 feet out but skipped up and along with the help of a tailwind turned into a roller. The basket is 660 feet or so on that hole. My throw was offline to the left, but within 100 feet of being even with the basket. I"m guessing it was at least a 550 foot throw where it ended up. Got the par too, which was nice. Interestingly, my co-worker who lives near the park happened to be walking to the park and almost got hit by the throw, but saw the whole thing.

Threw my Star Destroyer 350 on a day with no wind at the Disc Nation Driving Range in Austin, TX. Thrown it a little over 300 while on the course

I played with some guys yesterday on the back at La Mirada. I saw one guy drive hole 15 which is the long Par 4 around the home run fence for the ball diamond. That was one, or three, amazing throws. Those were all over 500' throws.

On a level practice field(measured with a wheel), my longest throws are 375' with a Champion Monarch and a 375' roller with an old DX Teebird. Both throws were on level ground but in windy conditions. I've had a couple of throws about 360' in calm conditions with a Champion Valk and Champion Beast. But if someone asks how far I can throw, I say 300'-325' because 95%of my practice drives are within that range.

Also, I don't think you can go by tee sign distance because many are wrong.

My best throws are with a 175g Star Xcal, around (probably a little shy of) 450 feet. Typically it is around 400-425 feet on my longer in play throws.

I threw a 172 Star Katana 404 feet and yes, I stepped it off. I still new to the game but have seen my drives get further and more accurate over time.

Oh, well if you stepped it off it has to be accurate. That is the most accurate way to determine distance by far.

Latest posts