• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Yeah, I'll definitely dial back from my normal amount of way more than I need. I got an UPD bag that should fold up nicely. I don't throw hard or far so I don't lose many anyway 😁

When I fly, I use my Squirrel Monkey (holds 9-11 discs) as my carry-on. It fits under the seat, holds all the discs I need for a round, and the two drink holders are useful for storing essentials like charging cords, etc.

Backup discs get packed in the suitcase, with clothes taking up the dead space between discs.

In the spirit of the thread I'm planning on hitting UT, NV and AZ in late spring / early summer. Still debating whether to fly or drive but will most likely drive as I really want to play the Fort and Solitude Mtn. And Moab as well.

Also thinking of a late summer trip to AK. Would leave me just HI to play in 2024 to get me all 50 states.

May have the opportunity to play Maple Hill in 2023. It's been on my bucket list pretty much since I started playing.

Nice! 501 Disc Golf is fantastic, and only a half hour from Maple Hill, with Pyramids and Marshall Street right next door.

I enjoyed 501 at least as much as Maple Hill. :thmbup:

Nice! 501 Disc Golf is fantastic, and only a half hour from Maple Hill, with Pyramids and Marshall Street right next door.

I enjoyed 501 at least as much as Maple Hill. :thmbup:

I thought 501 was great as well, but still prefer Maple. I remember there being an add for a pizza place on a picnic table on hole 15ish who would deliver to the course. So we called and they delivered, was excellent.

Also Marshall Street is a great shop. I see that they have a new building since I was there in 2018. I bought and have have had in the bag since then a sweet champ Wraith with a Shark double stamp.

My son and I perused the 2023 Tigers schedule, and are looking at the following possibilities for our annual ballpark/DG roadtrip:

Milwaulkee, Apr 22-24
St. Louis, May 5-7
Wash DC, May 19-20
Philly, Jun 3-5

Wash & Philly may depend on when my daughter moves from DC to Philly.

I'm sure I'll hit sone others places in 2023, but we'll be hitting one of those cities in for sure.

Also considering Alabama and Mississippi, which would give me at least one course played in every state east of the Mississippi.

In the spirit of the thread I'm planning on hitting UT, NV and AZ in late spring / early summer. Still debating whether to fly or drive but will most likely drive as I really want to play the Fort and Solitude Mtn. And Moab as well.

Also thinking of a late summer trip to AK. Would leave me just HI to play in 2024 to get me all 50 states.

In the SW corner of Utah (not the 4 corners one :D) is St George. Mathis is a decent Niner (and pretty easy off I15), Grandpa's Pond is the best 18 in the area, or if you're in a real hurry, Toquerville is about a 15 minute course bagging.

Enjoy that 80 MPH speed limit on I-15!! :thmbup:

I am hoping to finally return to Highbridge in the mid-late summer. I was last there when I worked on the property in 2006, so I'm way overdue and excited to see the updates under new management. It looks like I have a pair of friends interested in visiting, and we'll probably do a combination of nights camping and up in Ashland at a hotel.

I also have a few non-DG trips for work. I might be able to get the newish city course in Chicago bagged in April. Not sure if I'll find my way to a DG course when I'm in DC in February.

Debating going to Eugene for the Selinske then hanging out in OR through the Portland Open- going to attend a DGPT Elite event somewhere. More reasonably will be back to NE TN for the River Valley Masters with a possible side trip to Prodigy HQ added in.

If you do come to Eugene, I'll pretty likely be helping run the event, and I'd be happy to give you a course tour! They're still deciding on which courses to use for the event, but it *might* include the course in Eugene I designed too. ;)

in january loop from mn to branson mo to austin tx to tallahassee to augusta ga to birmingham/huntsville al to ????? then back to mn

Hey that's a heck of a loop. What are you thinking, 2 or 3 weeks?

Hey that's a heck of a loop. What are you thinking, 2 or 3 weeks?

lulz i was just on your profile i saw you recently went there and played some "heavily wooded courses"

almost 2 weeks i am biting off a lot but hopin to knock this out to have all se states played

quite a few have been on my wish list for years now and the stars aligned

any recommendations or words of wisdom

also just booked hawaii trip too

ill be with my partner tho so i cant do complete work out there but def goin to snag a few

lulz i was just on your profile i saw you recently went there and played some "heavily wooded courses"

almost 2 weeks i am biting off a lot but hopin to knock this out to have all se states played

quite a few have been on my wish list for years now and the stars aligned

any recommendations or words of wisdom

Oh we could chat all night. I think near Mobile you will dig the Admiral (Houck course, review forthcoming). And east of there my most recent review: Pecan Grove. All the courses I played in Pensacola I enjoyed, I favorited Blue Angels - Palmetto but the other 2 courses on site are fun as well.

Haven't played Austin, TX but loved Trey Texas Ranch NE of Dallas. Linsey Park Gold in Tyler, TX I think is your style as well.

Branson, MO your spot is Branson Trails, neat track in the rocky woods. If you go through St. Louis JB - the Bunker is our style.

I've told you how much I enjoyed the IDGC. All 3 courses are fun and the camping is fantastic.

Tried to play wellsbranch's course in Huntsville when I rolled through Thankgiving week but he was out of town. Seen pics and looks fantastic...

I'll be curious what you end up choosing. Sound like a fantastic loop hope the weather cooperates... That would be a combination of probably 10 of my roadtrips to the region lol.

also just booked hawaii trip too

ill be with my partner tho so i cant do complete work out there but def goin to snag a few

Dang dude I thought you were going to take it easy next year and just go backpacking in the UP.

Oh we could chat all night. I think near Mobile you will dig the Admiral (Houck course, review forthcoming). And east of there my most recent review: Pecan Grove. All the courses I played in Pensacola I enjoyed, I favorited Blue Angels - Palmetto but the other 2 courses on site are fun as well.

Haven't played Austin, TX but loved Trey Texas Ranch NE of Dallas. Linsey Park Gold in Tyler, TX I think is your style as well.

Branson, MO your spot is Branson Trails, neat track in the rocky woods. If you go through St. Louis JB - the Bunker is our style.

I've told you how much I enjoyed the IDGC. All 3 courses are fun and the camping is fantastic.

Tried to play wellsbranch's course in Huntsville when I rolled through Thankgiving week but he was out of town. Seen pics and looks fantastic...

I'll be curious what you end up choosing. Sound like a fantastic loop hope the weather cooperates... That would be a combination of probably 10 of my roadtrips to the region lol.

added all them to my wish list thank you so much

im def not goin to get all the tx courses i want in this trip and that state is so damm big

i already hit up wellsbranch and hopefully we can work something out

and on my return loop i am not even sure the path home but ill figure something out

yah i might get whooped by the weather but thats the dice roll and hopefully nothing bites me while im out camping/hiking/dg

haha its a fast pace but despite your combo i saw youre almost done with the whole us congrats

Latest posts