• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

whats the charlotte line up lookin like

Whatever I can get in 5 days. That'll be determined tonight. IDGC and Langley should only take one Charlotte day away. I'll let you know the "final" itinerary what I figure it out.

It's a running joke, here. I can't tell you how many times traveling disc golfers have visited, after playing the IDGC the day before. Nobody ever visits after 3 days of playing 1.5-rated courses.

Guilty...

I usually commit to traveling last minute, but I have a few family obligations I cannot get out of that need planning in advance.

Feb - Miami
May - San Diego
October - Chicago
November - road trip through New Mexico

I plan on gobbling whatever I can while site seeing in Miami. I don't have high expectations as far as quality is concerned.

In May I have a graduation to attend. Arriving early at LAX then driving south is the plan. I sure wouldn't mind going a little out of my way to play Coyote Point, just saying.

October will likely be a bagger's Chicago 9 hole scramble, enough said.

Around Thanksgiving I'd like to rent a camper and make my to White Sands National Park. There might now be a lot of frolfing involved, but I'll bring a few just in case.

Heading to Gatliburg TN Memorial week for work, planning on discing my way there starting south of Indianapolis. I'm planning on trying to play courses in 5 new states IN, OH, KY, TN and NC.

Colorado, Wyoming, and at least one of the Dakotas in late spring / early summer. This could be a big trip covering a lot of states that I have not yet bagged. :)

Did a little more planning for the Colorado trip. Hoping to bag up to 4 new states (NE, WY, SD, and ND) and hit a few DGCR top 25 and top state courses. :D

We should have a few days each in the Colorado mountains, Gillette WY, Chippewa Falls WI, and the Milwaukee 'burbs. We will be visiting friends and relatives so I never know how much free time will be available.

One tricky aspect is trying to time the homeward leg to attend a memorial for my Aunt in Michigan. Unfortunately that will mean hurrying through parts of the trip, which reduces the bagging-to-driving ratio. :|

Last edited:
Here's what's on tap for 2023 (so far…)

Working remotely from FL to spend some time with Mamma Bogey and family, with an excursion on my return trip thru:
AL, MS, LA, TN, KY (and possibly OH) ...which includes the remaining states east of the Mississippi that I haven't played in yet. :D

Sat, Feb 4: Ironworks
Sun, Feb 5: Turkey Lake (orig)

*spend 3 wks working remotely and seeing fam/friends, play some local courses*

Sat, Feb 25: Picnic Island, Cliff Stephens, Oldsmar
Sun, Feb 26: The Admiral, Hiller Park
Mon, Feb 27: Parc des Familles, Lafreniere, Highland Road Park
Tue, Feb 28: Chautauqua Park, The Rez (Ross Barnett Reservoir), Bowers Park
Wed, Mar 1: Inverness Nature Park, Cedar Hill, …possibly Oggwood
Thu, Mar2: Kereiakes Park, Freeman Lake Park, Devou Park or The Vineyard Church

This year's Ballpark/DG roadtrip destination: Milwaulkee (American Family Field)
Sat, Apr 22: Rollin Ridge, Silver Creek Park (and time permitting, Stoney Creek Park)
Sun, Apr 23: Brown Deer, Dretzka, Sandy Knoll
Mon, Apr 24: Dineen Park, Tigers v. Brewers
Tue, Apr 25: Silver Fox, Rogers Lakewood (son's never played it/been a decade since I have).

Last edited:
Looking for suggestions for courses and restaurants close to I-40 between Memphis and Flagstaff.

Looking for suggestions for courses and restaurants close to I-40 between Memphis and Flagstaff.

I enjoyed Old Post in Russelville AR. Pleasant View is nearby and looks good, but I did not get a chance to play it.

Eagle's Nest in Van Buren AR was a short but fun mix of woods and open with some elevation and a pond in play.

Noble DGC in Norman OK is a short-ish tight and technical course that I enjoyed. Ruby Grant and N.E. Lions Park are closer to I-40 and look promising.

Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque NM was . . . interesting.

Show Low is a bit of a detour but I enjoyed playing there.

McPherson Park in Flagstaff looks fun, but closes November through April.

Have a great trip!

I enjoyed Old Post in Russelville AR. Pleasant View is nearby and looks good, but I did not get a chance to play it.

Eagle's Nest in Van Buren AR was a short but fun mix of woods and open with some elevation and a pond in play.

Noble DGC in Norman OK is a short-ish tight and technical course that I enjoyed. Ruby Grant and N.E. Lions Park are closer to I-40 and look promising.

Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque NM was . . . interesting.

Show Low is a bit of a detour but I enjoyed playing there.

McPherson Park in Flagstaff looks fun, but closes November through April.

Have a great trip!
Thanks, I'll check those out. I already spotted Eagles Nest ! It's not a dg-specific trip, just looking for pitstops to stretch the legs along the way. Short and wooded preferred. Looks like we will stay in Hot Springs the first night and hit Cedar Glades.

Thanks, I'll check those out. I already spotted Eagles Nest ! It's not a dg-specific trip, just looking for pitstops to stretch the legs along the way. Short and wooded preferred. Looks like we will stay in Hot Springs the first night and hit Cedar Glades.

Yep, big fan of pit stops on non-DG trips. :D

Cedar Glades looks fun, as does DeGray Lake Resort. Both are on my wish list for next time we are in that area.

Yep, big fan of pit stops on non-DG trips. :D

Cedar Glades looks fun, as does DeGray Lake Resort. Both are on my wish list for next time we are in that area.
Your favorite course list is crazy good. I'll certainly give your recommendations serious consideration. Are you a wanted man in NC ?

Haha. Last few times driving through NC I was rushing home at the end of a long trip.

Hoping to remedy that one of these days. I hear NC has a couple-few decent courses. ;)
Perhaps, but it sounds like making your favorites is akin to passing thru the eye of the needle.

Perhaps, but it sounds like making your favorites is akin to passing thru the eye of the needle.

Eh, favorites list is 7.6% of courses I have played.

But anyway, hope you enjoy your trip.

Also hoping we get a couple-three days of low wind and no precip so I can head out to VA or PA for some semi-local bagging.

Well it looks like we're headed to Chippewa Falls/Eau Claire tomorrow to play a couple winter only courses on ball golf courses (yay :\). But at least I won't have to look at them on the map anymore.

Bonus points for the first new courses of 2023 for us, and there's only one review between the two. Rated at a 4. For a temp, 9 hole bolf course. High of 38 forecasted so it needs to be done.

Well it looks like we're headed to Chippewa Falls/Eau Claire tomorrow to play a couple winter only courses on ball golf courses (yay :\). But at least I won't have to look at them on the map anymore.

Bonus points for the first new courses of 2023 for us, and there's only one review between the two. Rated at a 4. For a temp, 9 hole bolf course. High of 38 forecasted so it needs to be done.

Ojibwa golf course is probably one on the list? It looks like a decent little course. I see it when we bowl there. I'm just not a winter discer or I'd have already gave it a spin.

Ojibwa golf course is probably one on the list? It looks like a decent little course. I see it when we bowl there. I'm just not a winter discer or I'd have already gave it a spin.

Yeah Ojibwa and Pine Meadow. I'm not a big fan of golf courses but I'm also running out of nearby unplayed options 😁

Yeah Ojibwa and Pine Meadow. I'm not a big fan of golf courses but I'm also running out of nearby unplayed options 😁

Was gonna make my way out there in March to play those two. Let me know how they end up being.

Can someone in the know please tell me if arrangements or reservations are required (or even encouraged) to play Rollin Ridge?

Checked their website, and it seems like it's just:
show up > put $5/person in drop box > play.

I saw some league play I'm scheduling my visit to avoid, but it doesn't say anything about calling ahead or reservations.

https://www.rollinridge.com/

Confirmation that no arrangements are needed from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.
Just want to ensure no hiccups when we arrive. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts