• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Played four more courses in STL today. The sun was back and it was brutally hot for this pasty northerner. :|

Endicott-18
Hudson-18
Dunegant-9
White Birch-18

Endicott was fun. Old school park style course. Hudson was fantastic. Lots of woods and elevation with shorter distances. Lovely course. Dunegant was awful, so awful we left after the front 9, which wasn't fun but looked to be much better than the back 9. I wasn't about to search for and lose discs in that 3 foot tall prairie grass. White Birch was disappointing too. Goofy ass layout and some holes that don't look they really maintain much anymore. It was decent, but I was pretty excited to play that one. I did not deliver.

Supposed to rain tomorrow morning but I'm perfectly fine with that tbh. Need to hit up Fort Zumwalt for sure. Probably at least one more too.

I wonder if they're making that a permanent thing. I've never played those holes yet. They used to be closed from Memorial day to Labor day. That'd be awesome if they did that.

Honestly, I don't see why not. Unless there's people lounging on the beach, 29 is a go and 28 is fine unless there's people hanging out by the shore where the basket is.

Played four more courses in STL today. The sun was back and it was brutally hot for this pasty northerner. :|

Endicott-18
Hudson-18
Dunegant-9
White Birch-18

Endicott was fun. Old school park style course. Hudson was fantastic. Lots of woods and elevation with shorter distances. Lovely course. Dunegant was awful, so awful we left after the front 9, which wasn't fun but looked to be much better than the back 9. I wasn't about to search for and lose discs in that 3 foot tall prairie grass. White Birch was disappointing too. Goofy ass layout and some holes that don't look they really maintain much anymore. It was decent, but I was pretty excited to play that one. I did not deliver.

Supposed to rain tomorrow morning but I'm perfectly fine with that tbh. Need to hit up Fort Zumwalt for sure. Probably at least one more too.

Carrollton is a trip if you haven't played it. Park like golf but in a razed neighborhood just west of the airport. Still has the terraced lawns and the winding streets... La Vista I very much enjoyed, just west of Alton on the IL side. Dave Mac design... Fort Zumwalt was fun, I think you will like that track. Was going to recommend Quail and New Melle since you'll be so close but looks like you've already played those.

If anyone wants a punch in the face, come to the KC area (Lenexa, KS) and play Black Hoof Park. I shot +16 from the tips. I haven't shot that high since my first week playing. Brutal course that will take forever to memorize between which trees the 'line' is. 50' wide fairways lined with tight lilac bushes, peppered with trees in the middle. Beautifully manicured. It's like a cute baby puppy locked onto your jugular.

Played from the tips, but the easiest part of any throw was the shot from the long tees to the short tees.

Carrollton is a trip if you haven't played it. Park like golf but in a razed neighborhood just west of the airport. Still has the terraced lawns and the winding streets... La Vista I very much enjoyed, just west of Alton on the IL side. Dave Mac design... Fort Zumwalt was fun, I think you will like that track. Was going to recommend Quail and New Melle since you'll be so close but looks like you've already played those.

I'm planning on Carrollton and La Vista on Thursday. We're staying in St. Peter's so La Vista is the furthest out. Figured I'd save that until we head up to Chicago. New Melle and Quail were both good. Really loved New Melle especially. Might try to play that T.R. Hughes course too. It looks awful lol.

If anyone wants a punch in the face, come to the KC area (Lenexa, KS) and play Black Hoof Park. I shot +16 from the tips. I haven't shot that high since my first week playing. Brutal course that will take forever to memorize between which trees the 'line' is. 50' wide fairways lined with tight lilac bushes, peppered with trees in the middle. Beautifully manicured. It's like a cute baby puppy locked onto your jugular.

Played from the tips, but the easiest part of any throw was the shot from the long tees to the short tees.

seconded

i enjoyed it and its a great addition to kcmo area dg

i generally just love the upkeep of most kc courses too yall really care about your dg and it shows (plus yall have close to infinity courses)

seconded

i enjoyed it and its a great addition to kcmo area dg

i generally just love the upkeep of most kc courses too yall really care about your dg and it shows (plus yall have close to infinity courses)

No shame. What'd you score? From which tees? Buddy who played with me said Northwood Black was way easier. (I haven't played there)

Last edited:
No shame. What'd you score? From which tees? Buddy who played with me said Northwood Black was way easier. (I haven't played there)

i dont keep score

i played shorts

i think nwb is moar difficult

id give it 4/5 range

i enjoyed cedar ridge that way as well

Road trip update:

Update to the update: We are back home and the trip totals are:

31 new courses
4 new states (NE, WY, SD, ND)
5 new state #1 courses (IA, NE, SD, ND, WI)
2 DGCR top 25 courses (Rollin Ridge, Wildcat Bluff)

I was not able to play all the courses I had hoped, but the primary purpose of the trip was visiting friends and family rather than bagging. :D

6/16: Top O' Hill in NH and Minuteman at Pineland in ME
6/18: Quarry Run and Bittersweet North (hated it - too much mud on those hills in the woods)
6/19: Salmon Falls in NH and Meadowbrook in MA

I'm kinda old so my shoulder, wrist, ribs and both hips are all very sore. Maple Hill or Warwick tomorrow are possible, not both!

If you make it over the Washington border, the one you absolutely want to play is Lucky Mud in Skamokowa. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1500

We went to the Skamania Lodge on Monday. They recently redesigned the front 9, so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I will get back to the area at some point to check out Lucky Mud!

Also played Pier Park, Milo and Bryant Park over the weekend. I was hoping to add 1 or 2 more, but the schedule just didn't work out.

Got the next 5 days off for some solo bagging. There's not too much near me but I'm hoping to tie up some loose ends in WI.

7/1
Waupaca H.S. - (9) - Already played but it's been years.
Weyauwega Fremont H.S. - (9) - New, looks mediocre!
Wolf River Crossing Park - (9) - New, looks mediocre!
Clayton Park - (18) - New, looks promising.
O'Hauser Park - (18) - Played a few times, Known quality.
Humana DGC - (6) - New, not much info on it, looks terrible!
Community Campus - (9) - New, listed as 18, sounds like a church 9 with dual tees.

7/2
Silver Birch Ranch - (9) - New, going to call and see what's up first. So a maybe.
Shawano M.S. - (9) - New, Not sure if there'll even be baskets!
Shawano DGC - (9) - New, looks like it may be decent.
Marion DGC - (9) - Played, pretty fun one from what I remember.
Dream Big - (12) - New, looks, um, we'll see!
Panic Park - (9) - New, 9 hole practice area? I'd call it a course but we shall see.
Wittenberg H.S. - (9) - New, Sounds like it could be anywhere from 3 to 9 holes. Yay!

This will clean up some ones from my map that I won't have to look at anymore at the very least. I'll update and throw up some reviews. Hopefully don't have to RIP too many. :p

So far this year I have done a long West Virginia/Pennsylvania trip and a quick trip to Michigan, the latter with my 9 year old. I also hit a few Wisconsin courses on a family vacation.

I think I've decided to put my Missouri/Kansas trip on hold until the spring, because why not go when there's more tornadic activity, right? But really, I decided I wanted to go to Ontario first because I love heading north. So I think in September I'm doing a bit in Michigan, and then going up to Bruce Peninsula NP and playing some Ontario courses plus a few in the Buffalo, NY area. Looking like another trip where I try to pack way too much in to 4-5 days.

Heading to PA next weekend to hit Faylor Lake, Agape Farm, and likely one more. Looking forward to playing my first Houck course.
Curious to see if a Faylor has a safer path from the long tee on #6. It's a spectacular tee, but the descent down to the fairway is beyond treacherous. It's a very long way down a steep hill, and is badly in need of a rope line or some other assistance to get down.

But the course is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Curious to see if a Faylor has a safer path from the long tee on #6. It's a spectacular tee, but the descent down to the fairway is beyond treacherous. It's a very long way down a steep hill, and is badly in need of a rope line or some other assistance to get down.

But the course is phenomenal.
There are steps now.

Heading to PA next weekend to hit Faylor Lake, Agape Farm, and likely one more. Looking forward to playing my first Houck course.
Dang, if I decide to drive there in the fall instead of fly, you'll be giving me center of the state options. I stay in Allentown when I go back, so Faylor is the better part of three hours from there, but not as far from Harrisburg.

Latest posts