• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Hoping to knock out some courses in and around western Maryland this weekend. I will need to call and see which private courses in the area are available to play.

Heading to Grand Rapids to meet up with @The Shide . Playing a tournament on Sunday and will try to get a couple rounds in, on the tournament course....but, I will try to bag a couple courses while I am out there.

Might be meeting @cefire in Texas this winter, not sure on the details yet but looking forward to it.

Might be meeting @cefire in Texas this winter, not sure on the details yet but looking forward to it.
Hey, if you guys hit the DFW area, or are playing on a Thursday somewhere in Texas, I could join you.

Oh, and if you are in the Carrollton area, @cefire qualifies for a free pizza from me at my store in Carrollton. (My offer is for any course collector over 1000 courses to stop by my store to meet me and I will buy them a pizza)

Hey, if you guys hit the DFW area, or are playing on a Thursday somewhere in Texas, I could join you.

Oh, and if you are in the Carrollton area, @cefire qualifies for a free pizza from me at my store in Carrollton. (My offer is for any course collector over 1000 courses to stop by my store to meet me and I will buy them a pizza)
That is pretty awesome of you (y) . I haven't got all of the details yet of where but if we are close to you, will hit you up for sure!

(My offer is for any course collector over 1000 courses to stop by my store to meet me and I will buy them a pizza)

**starting quest to get +/- 814 more courses bagged to qualify for the free pizza...(y)

This past year, I missed my annual pilgrimage to one of disc-golf's "Shangri-la" courses - FLIP CITY! (Michigan). The nature, the beauty, and even the drive to this course is memorable. Who hasn't paused at Basket #11 tee-pad to take a picture of the stunning panoramic view with the stone cairns that are the signature features throughout this course!

And while near the Ludington region, one must also take in the courses BEAUTY - BEAST - GOLIATH (overlooking Lake Michigan), LEVIATHAN, LABYRINTH, THE EDGE, and (yet to check out) the new course - THE TINDERBOX.

I've heard from several people now about how Flip City isn't all that great.

*Waits for flame war*

True, the golf doesn't measure up to many of the other higher rated courses. But I think some people go expecting to knock it down a peg, and their experience matches.

True, the golf doesn't measure up to many of the other higher rated courses. But I think some people go expecting to knock it down a peg, and their experience matches.
I haven't played it and have no dog in the fight but I could see that.

I've reevaluated my ratings a few times as I've played more courses and currently have flip at 4.5. I could see it being a 4 for some people, but I love it.

Also not going to get bent out of shape if someone disagrees. That's so dgcr circa 2012.

We recently finished a 2 week drive thru 11 states: TN, GA, SC, NC, VA, WVA, MD, PA, & NJ, seeing friends and relatives, and playing disc golf. Played in 7 new states, and 17 new dg courses, even tho the last 4 were various-levels-of-bland 9 holers around Cookeville TN. I aim to get the highest rated course that fits the schedule.
The highlight for me was Etowah in Cartersville, GA. Just beautiful, epic! I played Hornet's nest in NC, but with inflated expectations i suppose, I was just a little disappointed. To me, it was just very nice, but not exciting. To end on a more positive note, my #2 favorite course of the trip was Poorhouse in Martinsburg, WVA. Up & down a 'mountain', [big hill] on a v nice dg course. Now at 270 courses in 28 states.
Biggest disappointment is that while I was close to NY, time didn't allow me to play there. Also drove by Nockamixon, which had been on my radar for years, on way to NJ. Got excited when I unexpectedly saw the sign, but thought it was extinct. Got back home and found out 9 holes are open again! Great trip though.

Latest posts