• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

(Trey Deuce in TX)
Yes, you want to make sure you hit that one. I am not positive, but I heard one of them may have closed.

Not too far from Trey Deuce is BlackberryPine, its owned by a disc golfer, you pay online and he will email you a gate code to get in. You will usually have the course to yourself. He does have trail cams to keep people honest

Yes, you want to make sure you hit that one. I am not positive, but I heard one of them may have closed.

We drove to Trey Texas Ranch and it looked . . . deserted. No cars, no drop box, nothing. Just a "For Sale" sign.

Not too far from Trey Deuce is BlackberryPine, its owned by a disc golfer, you pay online and he will email you a gate code to get in. You will usually have the course to yourself. He does have trail cams to keep people honest

Sounds fun, wish I had known about it. It was super windy and cold so we just played the Linden niner and headed for our next stop. 🤷‍♂️

We drove to Trey Texas Ranch and it looked . . . deserted. No cars, no drop box, nothing. Just a "For Sale" sign.

🤷‍♂️
The "drop box" and waver book is located in the Saloon. Normally you would contact them to tell them you are coming. I know the property has been for sale (for 1 million) for a while. I saw someone post back last April that the main course (Trey Deuce) was unplayable.

The "drop box" and waver book is located in the Saloon. Normally you would contact them to tell them you are coming. I know the property has been for sale (for 1 million) for a while. I saw someone post back last April that the main course (Trey Deuce) was unplayable.

Good to know, thanks! I would like to try again, but after doing a bit more homework.

I have a few vacation days I'll have to burn up at some point. Might finally get up to Door county in 2024. The courses don't look very appealing. But a course is a course of course. I'll dine well.

I have a few vacation days I'll have to burn up at some point. Might finally get up to Door county in 2024. The courses don't look very appealing. But a course is a course of course. I'll dine well.
might see you there

im mostly motivated by that it will look sweet on the played courses map

and im sure for you its a handful of courses closer to all played in wi

making the fish hook route to southern lp of mi is also on my radar as well so might be a reasonable striking distance course baggin extravaganza for you too

might see you there

im mostly motivated by that it will look sweet on the played courses map

and im sure for you its a handful of courses closer to all played in wi

making the fish hook route to southern lp of mi is also on my radar as well so might be a reasonable striking distance course baggin extravaganza for you too

I'll have to take a look tonight. I was thinking about hitting Silver Creek too since I'm out that way.

I've played most of the stuff on the west side of bay except Lena I think. Lemme know when you're going for sure tho.

Just returned from a month-long cross-country trip from MD to Los Angeles and back. Finished 2023 with 110 new courses (personal best by a lot), and started 2024 with 14 new courses. Being retired has its advantages. 😁

Trip totals:

27 new courses
2 new state #1 courses (OK, MS)
4 new reviews written, but no new uniques 😞

Red Dog is up to 273 courses in 41 states 🐕

Favorite courses from the trip:

Wolf Knob: This was probably my overall favorite, with hills, woods, all the good things. I would love to come back here again, especially if they install a second course as planned.

The Lodge – Island Course: We camped here for the night and played in the cold morning. Staff at The Lodge could not have been nicer! Would love to come back and play Moccasin Creek.

Fort Tuthill: Nothing spectacular but this was a very friendly and enjoyable round through the pines.

The Refinery: Little shortie with enough trees to make it fun, and a looming oil refinery for ambiance.

Huntington Beach Central Park: Lots of history and a fun spin to boot. I loved the whiteboard listing every ace for the year (no, I didn't get one).

Ross Barnett Reservoir - The Rez: Nice mix of tight woods and semi-open bombers with some fun water holes by the lake. Shame that hole 18 was under construction

The Zip: Really fun course, except for a few too-open holes. Well designed with a DIY feel.

Little Mulberry Park: Gorgeous course in a peaceful pine forest with all the amenities. There is a quiet magic to walking on pine straw with the breeze whispering through the boughs. Apparently I have a thing for pine forests. :rolleyes:

Shoally Creek: Another fun woodsy course, sadly played in a hurry

Yeah, they're pretty nondescript. Best one I've played up there was a temp course on a golf course for a tournament...

Just returned from a month-long cross-country trip from MD to Los Angeles and back. Finished 2023 with 110 new courses (personal best by a lot), and started 2024 with 14 new courses. Being retired has its advantages. 😁

Trip totals:

27 new courses
2 new state #1 courses (OK, MS)
4 new reviews written, but no new uniques 😞

Red Dog is up to 273 courses in 41 states 🐕

Favorite courses from the trip:

Wolf Knob: This was probably my overall favorite, with hills, woods, all the good things. I would love to come back here again, especially if they install a second course as planned.

The Lodge – Island Course: We camped here for the night and played in the cold morning. Staff at The Lodge could not have been nicer! Would love to come back and play Moccasin Creek.

Fort Tuthill: Nothing spectacular but this was a very friendly and enjoyable round through the pines.

The Refinery: Little shortie with enough trees to make it fun, and a looming oil refinery for ambiance.

Huntington Beach Central Park: Lots of history and a fun spin to boot. I loved the whiteboard listing every ace for the year (no, I didn't get one).

Ross Barnett Reservoir - The Rez: Nice mix of tight woods and semi-open bombers with some fun water holes by the lake. Shame that hole 18 was under construction

The Zip: Really fun course, except for a few too-open holes. Well designed with a DIY feel.

Little Mulberry Park: Gorgeous course in a peaceful pine forest with all the amenities. There is a quiet magic to walking on pine straw with the breeze whispering through the boughs. Apparently I have a thing for pine forests. :rolleyes:

Shoally Creek: Another fun woodsy course, sadly played in a hurry
im waiting on that second course at wolf knob

and hopin to do some cave tours as well when in the area

also pine forests are my fav too

Yeah, they're pretty nondescript. Best one I've played up there was a temp course on a golf course for a tournament...

Yeah man, not ideal looking golf up there. I'm honestly just kind of tired of looking at that spot on my map. Needs to change. Plus I can hit up Silver Creek and clean things up over that way.

That's whatever though, Where's 1000 going to be?

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

The snow/cold here is keeping me inside, so I'm catching up on other stuff and just now starting to think about this year's adventures.

We have a trip to Austin, TX booked for the solar eclipse in early April so I'll probably try to hit a course or two while I'm there. Gonna be hectic though and we have a big group of mostly non-DGers.

After that, no concrete plans yet. Gotta think about what I'm going to do for #250. Thinking maybe Hillcrest on PEI, Canada. Also want to get out to Denver area again and do a western Montana/northern Idaho trip at some point (Caliber + Glacier NP). If I did those two, then I'd have most of the DGCR top 10 so I might as well go to Hawk Hollow, Harmon Hills, and Muddy Run for good measure to round it out. A certain course in NC might be in the top 10 by then too, so definitely worth a visit. :D I doubt all of that will happen this year though.

More locally, I still have plenty of options within a 90 min drive - mainly south and east of me. I'd also like to finish playing all the courses around my hometown of Traverse City.

Yeah man, not ideal looking golf up there. I'm honestly just kind of tired of looking at that spot on my map. Needs to change. Plus I can hit up Silver Creek and clean things up over that way.

That's whatever though, Where's 1000 going to be?

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
I've done most of the Door County courses and they're definitely nothing to get excited about. SUGAR Creek is pretty nice though. I have not made it to Silver Creek.

Much like DFrah I've been inside avoiding the -10F weather. In July we are going to Oregon for a family vacation. Most of it won't be disc golf but I'm hoping to get to a few including Riverbend and Whistler's Bend.

First road trip will probably be in April some time and I'm planning to do a St Louis/Kansas City/Nebraska loop. Probably hit Wildcat Bluff on the way home.

I'm hoping to do a single overnight to Peoria and Quad Cities to hit some of the good Illinois courses I haven't been to.

For fall road trip it's still very up in the air. Probably another northern Wisconsin and UP run, but I'm wanting to get down to Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia and see @wellsbranch250 and his creation one of these days. Or maybe get back to the mitten portion of Michigan and visit Blake's Cider again and see if I can meet up with @DFrah if I venture west. Plenty of plans to get through 2025 or 2026 already.

For fall road trip it's still very up in the air. Probably another northern Wisconsin and UP run, but I'm wanting to get down to Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia and see @wellsbranch250 and his creation one of these days. Or maybe get back to the mitten portion of Michigan and visit Blake's Cider again and see if I can meet up with @DFrah if I venture west. Plenty of plans to get through 2025 or 2026 already.
Let me know!

And HOW did I forget about my annual trip to the UP in my previous post? I haven't looked on UDisc to see if anything new popped up in a couple of months now. But if anything did, I'll probably get up there to maintain my coverage. :D

Let me know!

And HOW did I forget about my annual trip to the UP in my previous post? I haven't looked on UDisc to see if anything new popped up in a couple of months now. But if anything did, I'll probably get up there to maintain my coverage. :D
i believe the last to pop up there was eb school one

i just looked on udisc (thank you udisc for the free course excluded played feature)

Let me know!

I'll have to pick your brain on UP courses (though I've already got a general plan from your excellent reviews). Another motivation to do Wisconsin/UP again this fall: Highbridge. Last time I was there was my first real DG road trip, and let's just say I wasn't seasoned in the tricks I have now to keep going day after day. Thaw was on early in the spring and it was wet, and I'm sad to say I only made it through 1.5 of the Highbridge courses. With all the uncertainty surrounding the property, I'd like to go back this year and play most of the others. It seems unclear even this year if they will all still be available. Waiting for more Facebook updates.

. . . If I did those two, then I'd have most of the DGCR top 10 so I might as well go to Hawk Hollow, Harmon Hills, and Muddy Run for good measure to round it out. . . .

If you do that trip I can suggest some good courses between Hawk Hollow and Muddy Run. Lake Marshall x 3, Forest Valley, Clark's Run, Seneca Creek, Iron Hill . . . 😁

I'll have to pick your brain on UP courses (though I've already got a general plan from your excellent reviews). Another motivation to do Wisconsin/UP again this fall: Highbridge. Last time I was there was my first real DG road trip, and let's just say I wasn't seasoned in the tricks I have now to keep going day after day. Thaw was on early in the spring and it was wet, and I'm sad to say I only made it through 1.5 of the Highbridge courses. With all the uncertainty surrounding the property, I'd like to go back this year and play most of the others. It seems unclear even this year if they will all still be available. Waiting for more Facebook updates.
I went last fall. I could not recommend a better time of the year. Colors, few bugs, the leaves had not fallen yet, the weather was still warmish.

Latest posts