• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

I'll have to pick your brain on UP courses (though I've already got a general plan from your excellent reviews). Another motivation to do Wisconsin/UP again this fall: Highbridge. Last time I was there was my first real DG road trip, and let's just say I wasn't seasoned in the tricks I have now to keep going day after day. Thaw was on early in the spring and it was wet, and I'm sad to say I only made it through 1.5 of the Highbridge courses. With all the uncertainty surrounding the property, I'd like to go back this year and play most of the others. It seems unclear even this year if they will all still be available. Waiting for more Facebook updates.
Any time on that brain pick too, sir. :D

I went last fall. I could not recommend a better time of the year. Colors, few bugs, the leaves had not fallen yet, the weather was still warmish.
I second the fall recommendation. It was pretty cold when I went (40s) but if it's not raining, you'll be just fine once you get going.

If you do that trip I can suggest some good courses between Hawk Hollow and Muddy Run. Lake Marshall x 3, Forest Valley, Clark's Run, Seneca Creek, Iron Hill . . . 😁
Thank you!! Yeah, I haven't actually looked at all over there yet. I'll try to remember to reach out if I actually decide to do that one.

Any time on that brain pick too, sir. :D

I second the fall recommendation. It was pretty cold when I went (40s) but if it's not raining, you'll be just fine once you get going.
Fall up north would be awesome. Sadly when I was in Ontario last year I was just a couple weeks too early for peak color.

I don't mind playing in 40s, though I'd prefer 50s and up. The real question is how cold I'm willing to tolerate at night for car camping 😀

2nd disc golf day of the year, heading to Austin to play a few new courses and a redesign or two. Depends on if I can get on some private courses or not.

Yeah man, not ideal looking golf up there. I'm honestly just kind of tired of looking at that spot on my map. Needs to change. Plus I can hit up Silver Creek and clean things up over that way.

That's whatever though, Where's 1000 going to be?

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
I honestly have no idea. The timing stinks, honestly. I may just punt it and snag a couple when I'm in Orlando this week (I've already played most of the good stuff in that area).

Either that, or I wait until it's warm again and figure it out then.

I honestly have no idea. The timing stinks, honestly. I may just punt it and snag a couple when I'm in Orlando this week (I've already played most of the good stuff in that area).

Either that, or I wait until it's warm again and figure it out then.

Same here. If all goes as planned for me, it'll probably be in Oregon, which works out pretty nice. That wasn't planned though, and it'll probably be some random 9er or something.

Either way congrats when you get there (y)

congrats mate

thats quite an accomplishment

the water features look nice too
Pretty darn nice finishing hole. 315', about 300' of carry. I slid off the back, but made the comeback putt. Winning!

Also, apparently that park is in the worst part of town (and the area). Uber driver said he'll NEVER go there after dark.

My list exploring the beauty of the world it begins with Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Is a tropical paradise. Its sandy, sun-kissed beaches, sound beastly. Crystal clear waters that glow a deep blue hue. Simply perfection!

With the abnormally warm winter around here I've played 15 total courses so far this year with 6 new ones all within 2 hours. 28 away from 1000 now so it's looking like the milestone course may be in WI, which would be fitting. Probably in Door county in May since I'll have three vacation days to burn up. Unless we go apeshit on the KY/IN/IL trip, at which point it'd be in IL, which is also kind of fitting since it's my second most played state.

Also got flights and hotels booked now for Oregon in June. I'll start a thread for that one at some point too. Really looking forward to that one. Looks stunning over that way.

With the abnormally warm winter around here I've played 15 total courses so far this year with 6 new ones all within 2 hours. 28 away from 1000 now so it's looking like the milestone course may be in WI, which would be fitting. Probably in Door county in May since I'll have three vacation days to burn up. Unless we go apeshit on the KY/IN/IL trip, at which point it'd be in IL, which is also kind of fitting since it's my second most played state.

Also got flights and hotels booked now for Oregon in June. I'll start a thread for that one at some point too. Really looking forward to that one. Looks stunning over that way.
My family is going to Oregon in July. I will definitely hit a few sunrise rounds before they are up. It looks incredible out there.

I'm looking at doing some traveling in Asia this year. I'll be starting in Japan in late spring and may play some time Golf. I found this guide on UDisc that has all the courses in the country - Japan Disc Golf - Your Guide to Disc Golf in Japan | UDisc. From there I thought I'd take a flight to Seoul, South Korea. I'm interested in taking a short trip. I'm looking into this tourism guide https://gowithguide.com/blog/seoul-tourism-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5535 and see there are lots of cultural things to check out there. Let me know if you have any other recommendations for places to visit in Seoul! :)

Nice, that's a beautiful part of the country and I look forward to seeing your plans.

My family is going to Oregon in July. I will definitely hit a few sunrise rounds before they are up. It looks incredible out there.

Plans subject to change but we might maybe overlap if you are there in late July . . .

Gonna be in Albany for a day or so and might be able to get out. I'd take any recommendations of my best shot without driving too far out of town.

Took an overnight trip to south central PA, a target-rich environment for bagging. In playing order:

Wiconisco Creek DGC – Very good, very fun, lots of elevation. See review for more detail
Camp Swatara – Excellent course with plenty of elevation. Lots of branches and trees down, but much easier to schedule a round during the camp's off-season
Lakeside DGP – Solid neighborhood course, much gentler than the previous two

Leni Lenape Park – Very good par 3 woods course with lots of elevation. I was feeling pretty beat up at this point.
Coleman Memorial Park – Long, excellent woods course. Highly recommend
East Hanover Park – Strangely muddy, did not linger

Red Dog is up to 279 courses, still holding at 41 states

I'll move this over here. Nobody will know what's going on :devilish:

We should hit up Sterling Hill at some point this summer though. I want to hit Axldog Acres again anyway and there's some newer bolf course looking deal over that way too. August sometime maybe?

@elmexdela bat signal just in case he's available.

Latest posts