• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to Buy Plastic Around Chicago?

mykeg44

Bogey Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm looking for a spot, preferably not a sporting goods chain, in the Chicago area to serve as my go to disc purveyor and a google/forum search hasn't gotten me anywhere. Anybody know of a good one?

There is a disc golf listing in Lombard, but I've never been there, so I'm not even sure if it's a brick and mortar store or what. I'd give em a call first:
www.midwestdiscgolf.com
1107 East Maple Street
Lombard, IL 60148-3151
(630) 495-7500

There's also a decent (but not as extensive as Chains in Crystal Lake) shop in Third Lake (between Gurnee and Grayslake), called A2B Board Shop:
www.a2bboardshop.com
34185 U.S. 45
Third Lake, IL 60030
(847) 223-9700

the only place I know of *in Chicago* is REI... and you didn't want that.

I typically go online.

Chains is definitely your best bet. However, a lot of Walgreens near courses also sell discs for great prices. I know the Walgreens a couple minutes North of Adler Park in Libertyville has one of the best selections I have seen for very reasonable prices.

ehhh, chains....ehhhhhhhhh. nothin special. no cheaper than anywhere online. gives me no incentive to go there, if u ask me. owners a douche too.

Check out when your local tournaments are. You can usually get get discs a little cheaper (for cash) than you can at the stores. There is a tournament at Oswego this coming weekend (5th and 6th) and the merch man for it has a huge selection of Innova, Discraft, and Gateway. Plus Fade bags, stools, tshirts, hats, and all kinds of goodies. Best times are usually between rounds but you can buy stuff anytime. Between rounds are generally 10am-noonish and 2-4ish. You can get some solid help with disc selection then as well. More than you would be able to get if you were there during round set-ups. He is usually set up around 7am too.

There are a couple gas stations, 7-11s, and stuff in the surrounding areas that carry discs. You won't get the same selection as the tourneys (especially Illinois Open Series (IOSs) or Chains or A2B Boardshop (in that order). I haven't found anything in Woodridge yet though. Closest is Lombard that has more than a couple odds and ends. Midwest Disc Golf is not a store. It's a guy, more or less. You can run into him at the Lombards doubles usually.