• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

I hope to one day be able to help you add more pins to that map :D. As for the one I did help you add, it was played in a new 18 hole monster layout. With multiple par 4's and 5's and lots of OB. It definatly took it up a notch!:thmbup: I'm not sure if they are going to keep the new layout perminantly, but lots of us are pushing for it.

I look forward to playing more courses with you Chris. I hope your feeling better and I hope we can share the fairways together again. I love NorCal and the Left Coast. If I ever won the lottery........ (we all know how that story goes ;) May the course be with you my friend------------------ - +

To me this website is my DG bible (I value what most everyone says good or bad about the courses, I love the pictures of courses I dream of playing of one day (and feel if one posts a new course they should have a couple pictures of that course, so we can visually dream even more of that course that was just listed) and the other valueable info that is mentioned. Since the PDGA doesn't print directories anymore. This website is easier to follow and plan when I'm home or out and about playing another new course, than having to leaf through a book (not taking anything away from the people who put the PDGA directories together over the years, as back in the day. That was my DG bible/travel companion). When I get home from a trip the 2 things I like to do (other than crashing in my own bed) is to "click" the played button on this site and put a colored stick pin (sorta like what the young boy did in the movie "Mask" but I have my own personal color code of the courses I've played with different colored stick pins) onto my United States map of the courses I've played (Martin has seen this map with many multi colored stick pins strategically placed).

Can't wait for the weather to break so I can add to my new course list.

That is an awesome idea. Do you have any pics of the map?

That is an awesome idea. Do you have any pics of the map?

I could post a picture of my map. But I have 2 problems. 1). I don't have a camera right now as my old one took a dump on me and I need to get a new one (anyone have any ideas of a good DG point and shoot all weather kind of camera?) 2). I'm always having problems uploading pictures on this site. I wish I knew how. Because I got a lot of good pictures of my travels to upload.

Bit of a necrobump, but...

I was flipping through course pix on a course I was reviewing, and decided to check out the profile of the member who uploaded the photo. Deke Guff may keep a low profile on DGCR, but that's probably because he's busy playing; 1572 so far. :hfive:

I don't care who you are... that's a lot. :clap:

I was flipping through course pix on a course I was reviewing, and decided to check out the profile of the member who uploaded the photo. Deke Guff may keep a low profile on DGCR, but that's probably because he's busy playing; 1572 so far. :hfive:

Makes my 350 look like child's play. Knowing how much work THAT took, I can't even imagine 1500+.

Looking at his profile, I am wondering if he has actually played all these courses. I hope that if I get to 1500 courses, I will have played enough to not make Kentwood or Cornwallis road a "favorite course".

Look at the places he's played. Everywhere, it seems. And a lot of RIP courses (which would be an odd thing to fill your list with, it you were faking it). The name is vaguely familiar but, if I met him when he played Stoney Hill, I sure wish the subject of number of courses played had come up.

Total of 8 countries (6 provinces in CAN) and every state except HI, all from a listed home of Ft. Lauderdale. Man, that's a lot of driving!!

I don't care who you are... that's a lot.

Meh. Not bad :/

Definitely interested... those of us "in the know" are generally pretty aware of each other. Or, we like to keep tabs on each other. Or.. I dunno, we like to assume we know of those that have surpassed at least 1000. So, curious who this is...

All of a sudden what we know is changed from Danhyzer leads the world in courses played to maybe not. Or whatever Tehwood might have to say about it... Who knows, like none of us have ever been recognized by Guinness or any official record (in fact, if guinness were to step in, the world record for courses played would probably be like 150 courses or some ****..).

Whatever. It may be a while before I hold the world record for courses played again, depending on who is counting...

Have we a controversy here?
I hadn't really thought about the validity of his listed courses... truly happened upon it.

I did notice he's been an active PDGA member since '96... not that it means squat. Plays a few in state tourneys a year.

If someone has a job that takes them all over the place, I suppose you could bag a crap ton of courses by the time you hit 50.

80 per year for 20 years would do it. The RIPs give the impression that he's been working on it for a while.

But, of course, it's only about 20 hours to fill up a list online, even if you never leave your basement. Who knows?

At least with some of the 1000+ club, I remember them visiting a remote course in backwoods South Carolina. That lends credence, at least to the notion that they get around and play a lot: if they find their way here, they must have found their ways to many places.

Perhaps that's an added benefit of my tracking all the dgcr members I played with in my profile... I've already got my witnesses lined up. :D

Just another 735 courses to go. :rolleyes:

Deke Guff is legit. Haven't met him, but I've know his username for a few years as he was one of the first few to play my course, although I never bothered to look up his other courses played until this. :eek:
http://www.discgolfjones.com

Awesome. No wonder I don't remember---he visited us on 7-5-07, when Stoney Hill was new, and presumably so was his course bagging quest.

I just looked at his list and noticed that there aren't any St. Louis courses on there. There are some goodins around here as well as Harmony Bends right down the way

Deke Guff is legit. Haven't met him, but I've know his username for a few years as he was one of the first few to play my course, although I never bothered to look up his other courses played until this. :eek:
http://www.discgolfjones.com

Deke is legit. I ran into him on a course up in Nova Scotia and finished my round with him. He was on a weekend trip and was carrying his discs in a plastic bag. He also visits lighthouses when he's traveling about and he is still racking up courses at an amazing rate. My wife can vouch for his existence.

Well, for Heaven's sake, somebody invite him into one of these forums to talk about himself. This sort of modesty is highly provocative.

Well, for Heaven's sake, somebody invite him into one of these forums to talk about himself. This sort of modesty is highly provocative.

Ha! 9 years on DGCR with nary a post.
I don't expect him to start now.

Latest posts