• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which do you prefer, Wraith or Surge?

I prefer the Surge, but I also like it in Z. I throw the ESP too, but the Z is slowly phasing it out.

The wraith is my go to driver and I carry about 4 with me when ever I play. I carry 3 pro wraiths in different stages one is minty fresh so if the shot needs a little more stability or there is a bit of wind I use the new one. If the shot has a possibility of losing a disc I use a new one as they are easier to replace. Then for the straight or turn over shot I use the seasoned ones.

As far as the surge I took one out in the field last night and tested it. It seemed close and I liked it but it did the same things as my new pro wraiths. So unless innova changes their mold or crapifies the mold some how (And I believe they have that potential) I see no reason to switch. However the surge makes a good argument to try it out again if the wraith needs replacing.

Cheers - Koffee

Slower Arm Speeds - Nate Doss Surge - seems to flip a lil easier and fade less than the std run.
Faster Arm Speeds - Wraith - i think it holds power and accepts input better than the surge. they also have a unique stability and beat-in range between plastics.

My vote for best answer goes here...

I've been throwing Wraiths since they first came out, and have always been a fan. I picked up a D Surge for $6 and didn't really like it. I would like to throw a Z or ESP before I rule them out.

I throw surges. In my opinion they are the best stable driver for distance you can throw. I like wraiths but I feel like they aren't as consistent from disc to disc. Gotta say though dx wraiths kick some serious ass. Still, surges (i throw ESP) are the pimpest drivers out there!!!!

I like them both... have 3 of each. I usually carry the Wraiths when I keep score. I practice with the Surges. My Wraiths are all star plastic in different stages of wear. I have a Z Surge and a couple of ESP plastic Surges. I prefer the old, beat in Z.

I prefer a good Champion Wraith over a Surge but the Z is nice as well. The wraith just feels better in my hand

I like them both but the Wraith is what I throw and there's no need for me to change. I have 6 wraiths in champ and star plastic.

I liked them both. For me, the surge was easier to flip or turn over. I used a star wraith and esp surge, I could have just used a pro wraith for flips and turns but I liked the surge better. Now I have the archon! No need for a wraith or surge.

I threw the wraith for a long time and i loved the distance and predictable hard fade at the end. Now i throw the surge and love the effortless distance and control, plus it doesnt skip as hard when it lands. The esp surge is the bomb

I prefer the Surge. I have not thrown many Wraiths, but I much prefer the feel of the Surges. I really like my Surge FLX and want to add a Z to my bag soon.

Garret