• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which hole is the iron leaf?

That's the thing. How's that a hzyer hole? You throw it over the trees, there's no gap, but everybody still birdies it?

Looks pretty... straight? I mean, sure, you could throw a hyzer. There are a few trees. Are they so terrifying?

And where's the hill you can roll down 40 feet?

OK, having played again last weekend, I do see what he's talking about.

There's a straight line, under the trees, available. But, yeah, a big hyzer's pretty tempting. The trees aren't that dense, but there's not really an open line to aim for. And, indeed, I hit a branch myself (and dropped; straight down).

I don't know that the approach is particularly tight, not huge bushes or anything, but there are a couple of trees.

There's _not_ a big hill by the basket. You could, I suppose, roll down a hill a bit on the path to the next hole. But, you'd really have to catch an edge. I can see why the champ was upset.

Yep, the hyzer is getting tighter and tighter as the trees grow in thicker. It's there. You have to get it up pretty high to get to the green. There's that "grouping of trees" surrounded by thick bushes about half way down the fairway to the right that you have to throw the hyzer over. If you don't get it up high enough, you clip those trees and drop into the thick bushes below. Not a fun place to be.

As a pro you'd go for the open hyzer almost every time. It's a no brainer. If you hit trouble, you will hit it way late and will probably still have a birdie putt. Climo just shanked his drive.

Hole 3 at Cooper Gulch in Eureka California tee sign says Iron Leaf and its an old tee sign. Just thought I should say that even though the context doesnt really apply.

I need a putter with "Right in the middle of the heart of the chains" on it. Maybe with a basket and a heart with a disc through it

I have a Yeti with the Iron Leaf logo and most of the sayings in this thread. Bought it off ebay last spring, auction is too old to find it now.

Create a search on ebay to have it email you when they get posted.

I was told that the Iron Leaf was a metaphor, for some chick that all the top Pros had slept with except Climo.

Hole 3 at Cooper Gulch in Eureka California tee sign says Iron Leaf and its an old tee sign. Just thought I should say that even though the context doesnt really apply.

That's Iron Bush. Whole different story... You don't want to know :rolleyes:

If you ever see Gregg, ask him to the Climo / Hammock soup story.

Without a doubt the best disc golf story I've ever heard. And I've heard A LOT.