• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which is better for Hyzer bombs?

Long distance hyzer or spike hyzer (to clear a vertical obstacle)? For the latter I throw a Whippet or a Monster, I have no experience with the discs you mentioned.

- a CFR CE 11X Elite-CyZtal-FLX 1.1 Aviar GT

Now thats interesting, and a mouthful... I'm assuming thats a joke, but not 100%

Back on topic, you can't go wrong with a Boss or XxX for a "Hyzer Bomb".

Last edited:
I have used the Xcaliber and would recommend it. It's very consistent, reliable, and can be used for many other shots. If you "grow into it," you can use it for most drives. I also happen to have a stained glass dyed one for sale.

A long distance hyzer that doesn't flip to anny but may flip a liitle to almost flat.

You don't want either of those discs you mentioned. To do what you're describing you really want a neutral to under-stable driver to maximize the forward potential of the spike hyzer. Too over-stable and the disc will meathook to the ground too soon. I personally throw anything from a X Buzz to an Avenger SS to a Surge to a Nuke for this shot (or the equivalent disc from other manufacturers) depending on the wind conditions. If I need to scale back the distance only then will I throw a Predator or Force as they don't push as far forward during the high speed portion of the flight.

Xcal all day over the Chaos...I own both and the Chaos is made of just "sh*tty" plastic....and doesn't fly as smooth as an xcal. Big Bomb tombstones all day with the Xcal bro.

Z Reaper for anything Hyzer, tho, the Xcal is never a bad choice. Definitely talking about "spike hyzer" type of shots for these 2 discs tho...

You don't want either of those discs you mentioned. To do what you're describing you really want a neutral to under-stable driver to maximize the forward potential of the spike hyzer. Too over-stable and the disc will meathook to the ground too soon. I personally throw anything from a X Buzz to an Avenger SS to a Surge to a Nuke for this shot (or the equivalent disc from other manufacturers) depending on the wind conditions. If I need to scale back the distance only then will I throw a Predator or Force as they don't push as far forward during the high speed portion of the flight.

I usually get 420' with the kind of throw i'm describing with an xcaliber or 360' with a Z Flick. I have used New Destroyers for it and it works but they get flippy.

Latest posts