• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which midrange is the straighest you have?

JR said:
Triplebogey said:
Is a 180gr gummy Champ Aero considered a mid??

In an older plastic it was considered a driver and Dave Dunipace set the world distance record with it with something stupendous around 500'.

Yeah, it seems to get its D from glide mostly, I like it for its ability to hold an anny with little power on it. I'm experimenting with using my 150 class aero as a turnover mid.

Thanks for the comments for me to learn from you all.

I took all my midrange in my backpack then went into the woods. I had FLX Buzzz, 2 Z Buzzz, DX Roc, ESP Comet, Z Comet, and R-Pro Dart. I can't make any comments on DX Roc yet because its brand new one but got few tree hits though. All 3 Buzzz were giving me some fades in similar spots on the left. R-Pro Dart was pretty interesting which is so freaking stable when thrown easy and ease. I had struggles with ESP Comet and was getting different results each time I throw it so wasn't sure what to say about it. Last thing about Z Comet was the best one I have ever thrown. It was so controllable and straight. It was so easy to throw in tight narrow woods and it will give me a spot I wanted.

I was walking out of the woods but I wasn't satisfied with Z Comet because I was hooked with that disc. I was on top of huge hill for good 300ft to soccer field to near parking lot. I took really good throw and it was flying like I was using remote control in the air. It was starting to get longer and longer that got me worried hitting those cars but finally went down that hit right on the old home plate right next to the fence. I couldn't believe how well it can control better then any disc I've tried. It would save your A@@ many times!

The problems you were having with the ESP Comet were probably arm-speed related. If you're just getting used to Comets it takes some time to get used to throwing them slower than your other discs...The X and ESP ones require slightly more gentle form than the Z ones.

SkaBob said:
The problems you were having with the ESP Comet were probably arm-speed related. If you're just getting used to Comets it takes some time to get used to throwing them slower than your other discs...The X and ESP ones require slightly more gentle form than the Z ones.

Especially the X, the ESP aren't quite as touchy.

Latest posts