• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Zuca and why?

Tighten all bolts.

And make sure the tiny set screws in the axle hub knobs are seated correctly. I lost a knob that way; Zuca Customer Service replaced at no charge. I don't have to remove the wheels, so I have replaced the original knobs with locking nuts (size M12 if you're interested). I carry spares because I'm superstitious.

Really an axiom for all carts!! :hfive:

I generally give my GoCart a spring cleaning/tune up and a good once over sometime late summer. Also carry a couple spare parts with me.

Yeah, it's not like there's any sort of suspension on the carts. You drag them over roots and rocks and curbs and down rough fairways enough something is bound to work loose.

Always a good idea to periodically check your fasteners and things like loc-tite and nylon lock nuts are definitely your friend.

Good stuff, everyone.

I suppose with all the space in the Transit's bag, and that storage down below, I should be able to haul a ratchet or wrench along with a few spare fasteners as needed. It is in my nature to be over-prepared, carrying all kinds of extras that *may* come in handy, even if they never do...

Good stuff, everyone.

I suppose with all the space in the Transit's bag, and that storage down below, I should be able to haul a ratchet or wrench along with a few spare fasteners as needed. It is in my nature to be over-prepared, carrying all kinds of extras that *may* come in handy, even if they never do...

You should check out the Zuca Backpack Cart (regular or Large for wider backpacks) that wasnt listed as an option. Best of both worlds, you get the seat and the ability to take the backpack in/out as needed. Nice high seat that only interferes with my putter pocket access (Grip C-series bag).

Also Zuca sells a pretty sweat repair kit for those on the fly fixes. Grabbed me one last year and pack it with me so I can fix pretty much any issue should something happen. :thmbup:

Thanks for that, Future P.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth between the Backpack-type and the Transit, for like 2 weeks now. It's a tough decision. Nice to know there's a Kit out there for repairs, though. I'll definitely be getting one of those...

"Honey, I'm spending some money! Good thing I didn't splurge on those Zildjian K's, right?" - Me, later on today :D

Thanks for that, Future P.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth between the Backpack-type and the Transit, for like 2 weeks now. It's a tough decision. Nice to know there's a Kit out there for repairs, though. I'll definitely be getting one of those...

"Honey, I'm spending some money! Good thing I didn't splurge on those Zildjian K's, right?" - Me, later on today :D

I have the Transit... I wish I would have got either a bag boy... or the zuca backpack cart...

Since I already had a nice bag... it's inconvenient to swap discs back and forth when I prefer to carry or roll.

The Transit is also pretty damn heavy when fully loaded.

Or the EZ cart... no seat.. but you get the storage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-113919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-113919_Chrome.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Cobbled together a place for my wife to carry her retriever on her new cart. $15 worth of ABS pipe from Lowes. It's only held on with zip ties for now but seems pretty sturdy that way so she can use it like that until I get around to doing some sort of permanent mount.

971d55b93187cd773be150f4ff45815a.jpg

Cobbled together a place for my wife to carry her retriever on her new cart. $15 worth of ABS pipe from Lowes. It's only held on with zip ties for now but seems pretty sturdy that way so she can use it like that until I get around to doing some sort of permanent mount.

Nicely done and a great addition, doubles as an umbrella holder as well. :clap: Taking notes if I opt to beef up my quick fix. Just did couple zip ties up top loose enough to feed umbrella/retriever and then attached long film canister down low for it to rest in. Works like a champ. :D

Today, I placed my order for the Transit. Camoflauge. Got the putter pocket thing, too. I figured that's a must-have.

Really appreciative of all the input from this group. It was a very tough decision, but I think I made the right one. :thmbup:

Should have it in a few days - guess we'll see on that. But I'll use it for a few rounds, then come in and give my eight cents (inflation hurts, kids!).

Have a most excellent day, friends.

Received it late Saturday. Haven't gotten to use it yet, but that'll happen this afternoon.

First impressions? It's nice! Looks better in person than it does in the stock photos. I sent a pic to several buddies, and they all seem to be...jealous. So I have that going for me.

I know it'll take some time to dial it in the way I need it. But I'm very excited to try this newfangled version of Old Man Golf. :D Maybe it'll cut down on my fatigue enough to also cut a stroke or two off my score...

Received it late Saturday. Haven't gotten to use it yet, but that'll happen this afternoon.

First impressions? It's nice! Looks better in person than it does in the stock photos. I sent a pic to several buddies, and they all seem to be...jealous. So I have that going for me.

I know it'll take some time to dial it in the way I need it. But I'm very excited to try this newfangled version of Old Man Golf. :D Maybe it'll cut down on my fatigue enough to also cut a stroke or two off my score...

The advantages I found for me where the luxury of carrying more water without carrying it. Less strain on my shoulder/arm and back not having to set backpack down, get disc, throw & pick backpack up again. Heck just carrying backpack all round vs pushing it. Always have a seat handy for long waits or just a break before teeing off. Enjoy the extra energy. :hfive:

Okay, I've got four rounds in so far.

Honestly, I am loving this thing. I definitely feel a difference in terms of fatigue. My arm, back, and shoulders feel fresh after a round. Played two rounds back-to-back on Sunday: first one at Winget, second at Nevin. Everything above the waist felt great, and that's a Goodness.

However, I have noticed some knee tightness that I've never had before. I assume it's from using the legs a lot more to pull/push the thing, and if that's true, I expect it to go away once I get used to it. Just using the body differently takes some adjustment.

I haven't used the bottom storage for anything yet. The two bottle-holders work well with a Gatorade or large-ish plastic bottle. I can fit about six cans of beer up behind the discs, but it makes things pretty tight. So I just decided to carry less beer! How'bou'da? :D

The cart is Ninja-quiet, and rolls over practically everything. I have to be more aware of the terrain as I move about, but that's no hardship. I feel like it makes me focus just a touch more on the golf, and less on the chatting/sightseeing.

It seems inevitable that I'm going to take it to a course that won't be very cart-friendly. Those lessons will just have to be learned the hard way.

Thanks again, everyone. I very much appreciate all the input, and just having the forum in which to discuss it. KARTLYFE!

I've owned 3 carts and many many bags.

Grip + Rovic is my favorite.

I also went to bag only for a year, and it just reinforced the belief that a cart truly saves you energy.

I've owned 3 carts and many many bags.

Grip + Rovic is my favorite.

I also went to bag only for a year, and it just reinforced the belief that a cart truly saves you energy.

Funny. I'm starting to grow tired of carrying my grip bag around fully loaded so I recently picked up a Rovic. I have a large A tier event coming up so that will be its maiden voyage.

As an update on my wife's cart situation, she has been using her Trekker pretty regularly and seems to like it. It tips over on her quite a bit because she opted to go with one of the large putter pouches from Infinite Discs and has about eight discs in it. We mounted it as low as feasible but it really makes her cart kind of top heavy.

Funny. I'm starting to grow tired of carrying my grip bag around fully loaded so I recently picked up a Rovic. I have a large A tier event coming up so that will be its maiden voyage.

Accessories I recommend:

Adjustable Umbrella holder – having this in stormy rounds is a huge advantage. I went 2 down through 3 holes in my last tournament during a downpour while everyone else was shanking their wet discs.

Cooler bag–it's nice for drinks during rounds but even better because the top pocket fits a handful of discs.

Steering knob–surprisingly useful.

I'd avoid the seat. Pick up a folding trip fold stool and hang it from the velcro for the umbrella. That's what I do! Gives you a more comfortable seat that's less in the way IMO.

Accessories I recommend:

Adjustable Umbrella holder – having this in stormy rounds is a huge advantage. I went 2 down through 3 holes in my last tournament during a downpour while everyone else was shanking their wet discs.

Cooler bag–it's nice for drinks during rounds but even better because the top pocket fits a handful of discs.

I'd avoid the seat. Pick up a folding trip fold stool and hang it from the velcro for the umbrella. That's what I do! Gives you a more comfortable seat that's less in the way IMO.

Ha. Thanks for the tips but I inadvertently lied. I read Rovic but it didn't click. I actually picked up a Rover (MVP) to roll my Grip bag around on. Not much for accessorizing the Rover. It's pretty much just a dolly to drag my bag on.

Accessories I recommend:

Can you share a picture of your full set-up with the umbrella and dangling seat included? Would love to see it.

Sunday, I did my usual: Winget dubs round followed by another singles round - this time it was Renaissance Grey.

Another cart-buddy had told me earlier in the week that he didn't think of Renny as being cart-friendly. So when I got there, I transferred all my suff back into my E2 bag. Walked with it on my back from the parking lot to #1 tee. As soon as I arrived, I noticed two things:
1 - My buddy had his cart; and
2 - My shoulders and upper back were already feeling the strain.

So I made them wait while I went back and re-stuffed my cart. :D

There might have been a few spots that weren't ideal for rolling, but for the most part, I'm thinking I'll use the Transit just about everywhere.

The only mod I've done so far was to stick a couple of commercial door silencers (literally just round rubber bumpers the size of my pinky nail and about 1/8" thick; they're used on metal door frames to "silence" the banging of door-on-jamb) on the underside of the lid, right at the forward corners, to eliminate the clanking sound of shutting the thing. Works like a champ.

Latest posts