• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey greenville fellas what tourny we talking about? i guess i missed something :doh: ... oh nevermind i know which one now

Last edited:
Prerubes post^seriously? i dont care what others do. as long as it doesnt affect me. smoke cigs, whatever else, drink some beer. And I am not the one bending the rules. i am not an official so it is not my prob. i really dont care. but dont bitch moan and pout around the course for three hours.

Along with the ridiuclously slow pace of tournament play, the whiny little babies is one of the primary reasons I stopped playing in PDGA sanctioned events for the last seven years.

I'll be playing in the Masters division come January, and am looking forward to playing with some more mature disc golfers. :thmbup:

Prerubes post^seriously? i dont care what others do. as long as it doesnt affect me. smoke cigs, whatever else, drink some beer. And I am not the one bending the rules. i am not an official so it is not my prob. i really dont care. but dont bitch moan and pout around the course for three hours.

I agree. Don't bitch and moan about anything including the inability to smoke.

If someone is drinking beer, during the tourney it will be your problem when they become loud and obnoxious while you are trying to putt. The rules are there for a reason. While I have no doubt that you follow them, we are supposed to enforce them. If you let a guy drink, then someone else performs a falling putt and when you call them they will think you have something against them for not calling the drinker.

I agree. Don't bitch and moan about anything including the inability to smoke.

If someone is drinking beer, during the tourney it will be your problem when they become loud and obnoxious while you are trying to putt. The rules are there for a reason. While I have no doubt that you follow them, we are supposed to enforce them. If you let a guy drink, then someone else performs a falling putt and when you call them they will think you have something against them for not calling the drinker.

Don't act like everyone gets loud and obnoxious when they drink.

If you allow the antics of other players to effect the outcome of your game, or even change your mood, then that could be the reason you are on the "party card" .

No such thing as a party card. If you played worse than you wanted, you have every right to play for fun, but don't assume this is the same for everyone else. I personally want to see myself have a big turnaround. A lot of intermeddiate players can put up a random 1000 rated round, so even if you are on bottom card, the potential to cash is still there.

As a 924 rated player, I have the potential to shoot a couple 880 rounds and get on the bottom, but I also have the potential to shoot a couple 980s the next day and make cash.

Now, I do agree that I don't like the complaining on the bottom card. Everybody knows that everyone there didn't play up to their standard, but there is no reason to dwell on it. Man up and play more focused, or just stay quite and play angry. Either way, I agree that it is annoying to be constantly told that you are in a group of players that are playing bad.

Along with the ridiuclously slow pace of tournament play, the whiny little babies is one of the primary reasons I stopped playing in PDGA sanctioned events for the last seven years.

I'll be playing in the Masters division come January, and am looking forward to playing with some more mature whiners. :thmbup:

Fixed that for you.

I find the drinking disc golfers to be fine. now the anti smokers. those guys are asholes.

The whole smoking issue goes hand in hand with the "whiny babie" issue....if you can't handle someone puffin on a cig, then stay home, or go play someplace else.

TP> while I immensly enjoy the consumption of alcohol, the notion that it is permissible in a tourny, on the bottom "party" card isn't necessarily good. I really have no problem with someone consuming alcohol during a tourny, but they need to do it in a "ninja like" manner, like putting rum in their coke bottle or something. I have been on the bottom card, and still cashed (with 3rd place finish), and I would like to think that the "less intense" attitude contributed to being able to do that, but its doubtful that would be possible if we were all getting "crunk up on it".....

I play with tons of smokers in casual rounds and have no problem with it being blown around. I will hold their cig as they throw their drive. I am not anti-smoker, I am anti-bitching about not smoking.
Do what ever you want as long as you are not breaking any rules or laws. If you happen to break some laws, just don't post about it here.

Last edited:
I basicly subscribe to the "Each to their own" philosophy, and don't care what you do, on the course, or wherever, as long as it doesn't interfere with my right to do whatever I want to do, on the course or wherever.

The problem that I have with the drinkers and cig smokers are the cans/bottles/cig butts that I see scatered abot the courses. Now I know the good folk here on DGCR would never commit such a henious sin as these, but they are not magicaly appearing on the courses either.

I once played a tourney where there were 6 guys in my old guy division and the 2nd round was set up with 4 people on a card. I was on the bottom 2 of my div, so I and the other guy got put together with the bottom two of a very large Advanced division. Wow. Those guys were so far out of cash they were letting it all hang out, attempting ridiculous shots that had no prayer of success. I had to go wandering around in the thorn bushes to help find their lost discs on numerous occasions, because they were just screwing around. :| Meanwhile I still was trying to hang onto a chance to cash in my div. Not a good situation.

Respect the others on your card and keep taking the game seriously til the end of the tourney, please. Especially if they are in a different division, they might still have some self respect or even some money still on the line.

I hate playing with these people! It's horrible. :thmbdown: I also hate that I am one of these people!:doh: I get so wrapped up in it sometimes! I get mad! I cry. Then I give up (sometimes turning into a dick). It's not pretty & it is distracting. I wouldn't want me in the group! I feel bad later but by then it's too late. Gotta learn to chill!

I hate playing with these people! It's horrible. :thmbdown: I also hate that I am one of these people!:doh: I get so wrapped up in it sometimes! I get mad! I cry. Then I give up (sometimes turning into a dick). It's not pretty & it is distracting. I wouldn't want me in the group! I feel bad later but by then it's too late. Gotta learn to chill!

do you really cry?, if so, you definately need to chill out...this is DG man...its not that serious, and even if you want to take it that serious, the majority of other people, including DG'ers will not.....deep breathing can help you...and since you recognize the issue, that is the first step....just work to fix it

In our last mini, I played with a guy that missed a 10' putt for par and pretty much gave up on the round. After missing his putt, he threw his mini at the basket as hard as he could and hit me in the face while I was starting toward the next tee. I was shooting pretty good, so I shook it off and concentrated on my next shot (400' tight tunnel hole). I made a 3 on that hole, but the guy that "gave up" was just throwing discs around and not taking any time and he couldn't even come up with his score after the hole. I always pay attention to others' throws so I knew he made a 7, but he didn't know that (oh, I also had to tell him that his missed putt was for par so he made a bogie, not par on the previous hole). I was hoping he was leaving after that hole, because we had to pass the parking lot to get to the next hole, but he continued on. That was tough to watch for the next 8 holes.

I continued to shoot my game even amidst the distraction of his play, and came in 2nd in the mini, but I would have enjoyed it more if he wasn't there. I don't know why it set him off so badly, he was playing pretty good up to that point, and could have easily recovered and likely would have cashed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts