• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to lighten up a bit. He obviously was no threat in beating you. Mike Brady: Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?

this is the attitude I think he is getting at. I dont report people for drinking or partaking but at the same time if you want our sport to be mainstream(which I dont particularly care one way or the other) then that should not be the attitude. if we just look the other way for fear of repercussions then it will never be taken seriously.

I think the problem is no body wants to be "That" guy. I've done several tournaments where people are drinking, smoking weed, etc... While I don't think it makes the sport look good it doesn't bother me. Now that is talking about the small tournaments where at best you have the good pro's from the State and spectators are just players families. The big tournaments where outsiders are most likely to be present I think the rules concerning alcohol and other stuff should be more actively enforced. But from what I've seen around here anyway there is not much advertising even for the big tournaments so the crowd is normally 95% disc golfers anyway.

Its not being a tattletale, its enforcing the rules the pdga has established. Its an A tier event, if it were a c tier then I can see being more lax on making the call.

So what about foot faults, courtesy violations or use of illegal discs? Are you gonna call any of these? Only if the guy is beating you? That doesn't seem right. And remember, any overt failure or refusal to enforce the rules of disc golf during competition is considerd player misconduct and is subject to disqualification and possible suspension as well

Its not being a tattletale, its enforcing the rules the pdga has established. Its an A tier event, if it were a c tier then I can see being more lax on making the call.

So what about foot faults, courtesy violations or use of illegal discs? Are you gonna call any of these? Only if the guy is beating you? That doesn't seem right. And remember, any overt failure or refusal to enforce the rules of disc golf during competition is considerd player misconduct and is subject to disqualification and possible suspension as well

If it's an A-tier than I completely understand. I was just ribbing you a little bit. If it's a C-tier I personally would not care, but I understand others get offended. I just really wanted to use that Brady Bunch quote :D

If your foot faulting I'll call you on it. I would not know how to call an illegal disc violation because I wouldn't always know which is illegal or not.

smoking during competition? i cant imagine the Pros doing that on the course of a major. with all the spectators etc. plus, arent they drug tested?

I've said it and others have said it, and it bears repeating...

If you can't play a round of Disc Golf without partaking in some alcohol or some weed, you have bigger problems than a penalty stroke or a DQ will solve.

Tobacco is another story. That rule for majors is just stupid.

This is discussion is too funny.

- I could count all the specators on exactly no hands. It was the first round in advanced, in the woods of Flagstaff. The pro's were playing another course altogether.
- If we warned him he would have quit drinking. It was more entertaining and damaging to his game to let him continue as he wanted.
- I would have called him on foot faults, illegal discs, courtesy vio's, etc. as they would have given him an advantage/us a disadvantage.

Calm down, Francis.

I've said it and others have said it, and it bears repeating...

If you can't play a round of Disc Golf without partaking in some alcohol or some weed, you have bigger problems than a penalty stroke or a DQ will solve.

Tobacco is another story. That rule for majors is just stupid.

Well your a junkie for discs and your getting your fix during the round :D

I am only going to call you on a foot fault if you have a chance of beating me. If you are struggling at the course and on your fifth or 6th shot you don't maintain balance who cares.

What you are doing in your round should not effect what is happening in my round. That is easier said than done.

The baby thing is one of the more tame fetishes I have heard of. Watch some SVU you will see some freaky stuff... Including the baby thing.

Thats half the fun of playing . What other sport can you improve in the more intoxicated you become.

As an ex tobacco smoker i dont have problems with people smoking when im playing, we are outside . Nothing worse than some whinny babby crying about someone smoking outside.

Now for whinning at a tourney, yea i did it this last weekend. Sighned up for a tourney and found out local group of friends was doing one same day. After getting an 8 on a 3 par my attitude sucked untill round was over and i bailed to go play with friends and the "safety meetings". Instant attitude adjustment.

I think the problem is no body wants to be "That" guy. I've done several tournaments where people are drinking, smoking weed, etc... While I don't think it makes the sport look good it doesn't bother me. Now that is talking about the small tournaments where at best you have the good pro's from the State and spectators are just players families. The big tournaments where outsiders are most likely to be present I think the rules concerning alcohol and other stuff should be more actively enforced. But from what I've seen around here anyway there is not much advertising even for the big tournaments so the crowd is normally 95% disc golfers anyway.

I like to have fun with the pot smokers...They will ask if I am a cop...I say "If I am?" LOL!!! I'm not though.

It cracks me up...

Can I wear diapers in a tournament? What if it's only a C-tier event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts