• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is going to 2012 Bowling Green Am Championships.

A few friends are looking to come up there and play some to check out the courses before we play. What are good courses to practice on? We'll be playing rec so not sure if some courses are only used for certain divisions...thanks

If your rating is less than 860 chances are you will be playing in pool h. Go to the bowling green site and look at pools and it will give you the schedules.

so if you are rated less than 860 and have a couple of really good rounds, would you move up to another pool? For instance if you start in pool G would you move up to pool C on Saturday or Sunday?

I was just going by my own experience last year. My rating was 860 and I was in pool h. Right now it is concervative to say that that rating is about the median in rec. The pools are set for the weekend by the pdga.

For the record, nonrated players go into the lower pool for their division (B for MA1, H for MA3, etc).
Also, if they moved your pool you would play the same course on Friday and Sunday.

GA

Bunch of "Old Guys" from GA making the trip this year, looks like a couple could make the top 5 in Advanced Masters.

Looking forward to taking some of these guys down!

Pro's playing am.

I happened to notice Gary Suarez is playing Advanced Master at the Memorial this week with a 937 rating after taking cash as a pro last year.

WRONG!

You can play Advanced if your rating is <970

to play Advanced Masters, your rating has to be <935

2.4 Pros Playing Am
A. Pros rated less than 970 may now compete in Amateur divisions offered at PDGA A, B, and C Tier events, for which they qualify based on player rating, age, and sex.

(1) Pro Men and Women
< 970 can play Advanced (MA1)
< 935 can play Intermediate (MA2)
< 900 can play Recreational (MA3)
< 850 can play Novice (MA4)

< 935 can also play Advanced Master (MM1) if they are of Masters age
< 900 can also play Advanced Grandmaster (MG1) if they are of Grandmasters age
[/QUOTE]

I happened to notice Gary Suarez is playing Advanced Master at the Memorial this week with a 937 rating after taking cash as a pro last year.

WRONG!

You can play Advanced if your rating is <970

to play Advanced Masters, your rating has to be <935

2.4 Pros Playing Am
A. Pros rated less than 970 may now compete in Amateur divisions offered at PDGA A, B, and C Tier events, for which they qualify based on player rating, age, and sex.

(1) Pro Men and Women
< 970 can play Advanced (MA1)
< 935 can play Intermediate (MA2)
< 900 can play Recreational (MA3)
< 850 can play Novice (MA4)

< 935 can also play Advanced Master (MM1) if they are of Masters age
< 900 can also play Advanced Grandmaster (MG1) if they are of Grandmasters age
[/QUOTE]

You can also petition the Pdga if you didnt cash that much and ask for your ams status back.

PriceLine.com

Me and my buddy just got:
4 Nights at Country Inn and Suites for 313.96 including taxes.
Included:
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- 2 Queen Beds
- Recliner
- 37" FlatScreen in Room
- Full Kitchen (with enough tools to cook Thanksgiving dinner provided) has a full refridgerator, sink, dishwasher, oven with electric stove top and microwave

Comes out to be like 78.00 per night (39.00 each) and well worth it in the money we'll save on going out to eat and gas to drive there. And the hotel is less than a mile from Wal Mart and a Grocery store.

I'm not trying to be a promoter of PriceLine, but we would've paid more than 130.00 for this room each night if we didn't book there.

Bowling Green

HomeTowne Suites

Booked online while they had a special going on.

Room Type: Double Studio

Method of payment: Credit Card

Room Rates: Starting 03/29/2012: $ 48.37
03/30/2012: $ 48.37
03/31/2012: $ 48.37
Subtotal: $ 145.11
Total Tax: $ 18.86
Total: $ 163.97

Split in half works out to $27.34 each per night

might be three of us which would bring the rate down to $18.25 each per night

i "named my own price" on priceline last year and got the holiday inn for $45 a night in bowling green, which was well worth it for the quality of the lodging plus it was pretty much right next to nats so cashing in that player pack coupon was easy...