• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why Do You Like Jomez?

Why Do You Like Jomez

• Videography

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Post Production (Graphics, etc.)

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • Commentary

Votes: 41 28.7%
  • Timeliness

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • I don't like Jomez

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
- Commentary is indispensable, and they've found a formula that works while continuing to improve.
- Camerawork has also continued to improve, so we get to see the golf and see it well.
- They continue to improve their trade and take pride in a good product. I'd say this includes all the follow flights, Slomez, score overlays, etc.
- They're at events I want to see, filming players I want to see. I don't really care how this happens, but it happens. I'm sure it requires a lot of time, energy, money, wheeling/dealing, politics, etc. (By the way, remember this video to boost support?)

I was just rewatching some vintage 2015 Jomez (Norman Pro Am, if you're interested), as they were maturing, and it was tough to see the discs, etc. They also didn't have the graphics, commentary, stats, and other frills back then, though it's obvious they were already working on that stuff.

To be fair, I'm equally or maybe even more a fan of CCDG, though they might be behind on some of the effects stuff. If I had to pick something better about Jomez, it would be the pro commentary. That seems to be part of Jomez's conscious decision to pay for a more marketable product, and it's worked wonders. Ian's commentary may be better, but he'll never be 1040 rated no matter how good that roller game gets... Forking over time and money to travel doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:
The one change this year that I am not a huge fan of is the instant update of the scoring as player hole out. I prefer the scoring summary after each hole.

I will get distracted by something and miss a few scores on a hole.

Though the 9 hole score card summary at the end is nice and almost makes up for it.

Not a huge deal more just a small personal pet peeve.

But the entire package Jomez is the best in the business currently with CCDG keeping it close.

I like everything about Jomez except Big Jerm. I agree with the lyleoross that he's gotten worse this season. It seems like he just pounds a joke into the ground by repeating the same joke with a slight variation over and over again for about 5 straight minutes. I still really like Sexton's commentary though.

Last edited:
I like Jomez for the quick turnaround, quality product, post-production graphics (follow flights, scoring, etc.), and Sexton commentary

To restate, Jerm and Nate are very good, but I feel they lost a bit this year.

I like everything about Jomez except Big Jerm. I agree with the lyleoross that he's gotten worse this season. It seems like he just pounds a joke into the ground by repeating the same joke with a slight variation over and over again for about 5 straight minutes. I still really like Sexton's commentary though.

I agree.
It seems like Jerm is trying way too hard to be smart, funny, liked, or all of the above...That said, it seems like the feedback is reaching him/them and he/they are re-calibrating as they go. So, kudos to them for trying harder to appeal to their target audience and improve.

Unfortunately, most of the critiques I have (regarding Jomez Pro) are for Jerm...

> Enough of the "4x love", "2x love", "flashing the ring" comments. It happens, let it go or just say something like, "what a great tree kick" or" Paul gets some help from the landscaping" or whatever. I feel like the 4x comments are just dripping with jealousy.

> Enough of the over exasperation! The heavy sighs and lip-smacking when something 'strange' happens is just annoying. Again, it happens. It is what it is, address it with commentary and move on. "Now that's something you don't see everyday..." Just say it. You don't have to include an over-dramatic sigh to make the point.

> I've said this before (and noticed an improvement since that time) that Jerm tries to take credit for everything. I showed him that line, I gave him that disc, I've known him for a long time, etc. We are not here to listen to you talk about yourself, we want to hear commentary on the folks that are (good enough) to be on top/feature cards.

> [This one may be on me] I feel like Jerm addresses comments from social media as a kind of vendetta. Since I don't have social media, I don't know what he is talking about, but I hear/know/read enough to know that it is an inside joke or comment from outside the commentary.

I would like to see Ian (CCDG) and Nate (Jomez) team up. Together, they have a good formula for professionalism, keeping the commentary on track, and insightful anecdotes that I would find entertaining.

I put Corey and Jerm in the same boat. I appreciate what they're doing, but they both kind of annoy me. Corey seems to get a little too excited at times and distracted by lengthy stores other times. And (maybe this should go in the irrational upset thread), I can't stand when Corey says, "a whole, half stroke". He does it all the time and it just annoys me. Just say this hole is playing a half stroke under/over par. It can't be a whole half...

I like their graphics package, but for commentary, I much prefer CCDG. Sorry, but I'm getting a little burnt out on the Big Sexy team.

The one change this year that I am not a huge fan of is the instant update of the scoring as player hole out. I prefer the scoring summary after each hole.

I will get distracted by something and miss a few scores on a hole.

Though the 9 hole score card summary at the end is nice and almost makes up for it.

Not a huge deal more just a small personal pet peeve.

But the entire package Jomez is the best in the business currently with CCDG keeping it close.

At first I had to get the hang of it, but they put a color bar on top of a score that has already been putted. I believe the teal or something for a birdie, grey for par, red for bogey, so you can glance down during the putting and see if the player has already had their putt accounted for. It's really great IMO.

I'm a huge fan of Nate Sexton all together, and appreciate his insight, and in my opinion is the smartest and most professional player on tour, and does a great job of representing the sport. That is my min reason for liking Jomez above all others.

Sure, the production quality is fantastic, and everything is being fine tuned daily, but Nate Sexton's commentary is the reason that it is better than everybody else.

Shoukd have been an all of the above. I like CCDG equally though. Not a fan of live coverage be it via Smashboxxx or DGPT.

I am about the same except the way the layout and the follow though First Flight on the tournaments puts me more with Jomez by just a bit. Also like CCDG for the commentary a bit more on topic as the usual two for Jomez, Jeremy and Nate commentating if it is not the lead card they have gotten off topic of the players way more then they should. Live if the rounds were split in half, like the others not live do I might watch live but since that is not the case, well I do not then.

I agree with this. Last year their dynamic was fantastic and BigSexy commentary was solidly funny. This year I feel like I can see Nate just looking at Jerm like, "are you serious" he needs to not try to be funny. Their dynamic last year was good together I'd like to see it come back.

I think Jerm just needs a bit of time to get settled in. Not everyone like John Madden. In fact I know a lot of people who hated his commentary. He literally said "you know the team that scores the most points usually wins" on live broadcast... so I mean this is a young dynamic that has a lot of time to grow and progress forward. Totally agree that sextons been givin him the wtf eyes during the commentary sessions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, tough crowd here, though I guess nothing less should be expected. I think everyone involved with Jomez does an excellent job. My only gripe with BigSexy is that they're the default commentators for nearly every video. They're awesome, and lots of times they legitimately make me laugh out loud. But part of the fun in previous Jomez vids was wondering who was going to be providing commentary in each round. BigSexy proved to be the fan favorite, for good reason, but I still like to see some variety in there. It's cool to get a little insight into the different pros' personalities and their take on the game.

Regarding the criticisms of Jerm, I really am not seeing the same thing a lot of you guys are seeing. I think Jerm has probably taken some cues from Billy Crump, who also isn't to everyone's taste, but who I personally found to pretty endearing and entertaining. I get that humor is different for everyone, but it's become an ongoing joke for Jerm to find funny things to say and sometimes reach desperately for them. It sure doesn't seem like Nate's bothered by it, as he plays along with most of Jerm's silliness, but still provides a straight faced foil.

As to criticisms of holes and baskets and such, I don't think anything egregious is said, and Nate and Jerm are usually on the same page. In fact, I daresay there are a lot of criticisms they have of certain holes, courses, rules, etc. but they refrain from saying anything too negative, opting for the "if you don't have anything nice to say..." route.

If there was one criticism I'd have for their commentary, it'd probably be the accolades they give to the different players in the vein of "___ is the one of the most underrated ____. He's easily in the top 5 ____." I think by now, there must be 20 guys in the top 5 putters category.

For suggestions to Jomez, beyond more variety in the commentators, I'd also like to hear from people that aren't competitors. It would be particularly cool to hear from the course designers to get their insight about the design of holes and their take on how players attack them.

All in all, Jomez crew and all involved, you guys are killing it, keep up the good work.

The best thing, for me, when watching tournament play on YouTube is the fact that with Jomez you can ACTUALLY SEE THE DISC once it is thrown and throughout its entire flight. I try to watch some of the other tournament productions and the video quality is just not there. Plus their drone view of all the holes and the way they map out the flights of great throws (and show some slo-mo) makes them the best in my book. I can even enjoy some of the commentary by Sexton and Big Jerm ;)

Last edited:
I voted commentary, but I also really like the post production. I'm a big fan of Follow Flight and
SLO-MEZ

Latest posts