• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter 2019 blows already. Come on Spring time.....

I just played 2 WTC events 2 weekends in a row and the warmest it got to was a measly 35 degrees. Both events started in the teens with the first rounds and that's not counting wind. Snow has been on the ground for a couple weeks now and ice has been there longer. I do wish for the summer time temps again but winter is here and we don't have a damn choice in the matter. Enjoy that you can still disc at all. Wait until the 5ft of snow blocks your path to the basket...I've got two more WTC matches, one in February, and one in March. At the very least, February will be buried in snow so we will be fishing for discs.

As long as it's dry it's not terrible. At least here i the Pacific Northwest. Try playing in 35 rain/snow mix
Not great

Never been to the pacific Northwest. 35 degrees rain/snow mix in WI is perfect for this time of year. Would prefer snow though. Rain gets you soaked. Snow can be brushed off and you stay dry. Anything above freezing, temp wise, is kind of ridiculous to me to complain about. When it's over 90 degrees in WI (which is basically never), I'm out golfing.

^ When the beer freezes it is too cold for beer. :D

I don't mind outdoor activities on the coldest days Maryland offers (-5 to -10F) but I like to ease into winter. One Xmas we took a family trip to Puerto Rico. December bodysurfing with our boys on the San Juan beach was great, but we came home to a cold snap and I never adjusted to winter that year.

It's warmer now, but 2 weeks ago it was 25° in coastal MS already--and its rarely below freezing here any given winter.

Major storm is imminent here in the Twin Cities with 7"-12" in the forecast :cool:

Will make for an interesting Wednesday night league. Leave the glow tape behind, bright LEDs are the only way to go...with 3M Super 33+ tape ;)

People complain about the traffic and the homeless and the price of living...but what's y'all's coldest month? February? That's just the Winter Time Open for us. 2019 was a little wet (still shorts weather though), but here was 2018's:

Attachments

• WTO.JPG
    WTO.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 35
People complain about the traffic and the homeless and the price of living...

. . . wildfires, mudslides, earthquakes, flash floods, air pollution, water shortages, soil salinity, tsunami risk, and perhaps most worrisome . . . Californians. :D

I kid, I kid. I enjoy visiting NorCal and SoCal. But all in all, a little winter isn't so bad.

Boomers complain about cold weather a lot. Are you a boomer? Once you get acclimated it is actually very pleasant to be out in the cold. It's the process of getting acclimated that people don't like. It takes a little effort. So at the start you need to quickly get out there and after two or three baskets you're good. The toughest thing about playing in the cold is keeping your beer from turning into a slushy at the end.

Latest posts