• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter is here....

Plastic Thunder

Eagle Member
Not much for wet cold weather. Only 4 more months until the good stuff is back. Yes, like it when it's 100 degrees and 95 percent humidity. A lizard, that's me.

I get it, fall is nice, winter's pretty, Spring is well the second best time of the year, followed closely by the begining of deer season. After that things just kinda suck.

But a 100 degree day is heaven. No one on the course and then you can hit the water when your done. Yup, sit in a pool or a lake or the ocean and cool off. Can't do that when there's 4 feet of snow out and the wind chill is at -50.
If you like the other seasons that's great, I just like it hot.....

So this is what you NC natives consider winter? ****, this is disc golf with your shirt off weather to me :D

Winter is perfect NC disc golf weather - usually cool enough to wear a ling sleeve t-shirt without sweating and shorts all year long if your legs can take it :thmbup:

It's suppose to snow near me tomorrow. Part of living in Colorado means the inevitable long winter. Maybe some kind of road trip to new Mexico is in order.

Not me. I have a 9:30 am tee time tomorrow here in Ohio, and it will be 34 and sunny with 5mph or less wind. Can't wait!

It was 34-41 degrees woth 20-25 mph winds at our tournament today north of ATL probably won't stay this cold but for the south that is pretty brutal.

I'm honestly expecting NC to not even have a winter compared to what I'm used to :D

You're originally from Ohio right? I've been to NC a few times during the winter (riding in a semi, so only a few nights at a time,) walked around in shorts and t shirt every day. It's 40 here, wind chill of 31, tonight's low is 23 wind chill of 20

As an aside: in the 10 days forecast, most nights are in the low 20's with days ranging from 30 to 60. I hate Ohio weather. Why's my whole family have to live here?

Winter is perfect NC disc golf weather - usually cool enough to wear a ling sleeve t-shirt without sweating and shorts all year long if your legs can take it :thmbup:

This ^^^. I love NC "winter" for disc golf. On the worst days you can add a sleeveless fleece vest. It almost feels like cheating though with the leaves off the trees. ;)

Ya, im not particularly a huge fan of Charlotte (the city), but the courses and weather are a huge motivator to move there.

It's suppose to snow near me tomorrow. Part of living in Colorado means the inevitable long winter. Maybe some kind of road trip to new Mexico is in order.

Having lived in Upstate NY, I feel comfortable laughing at Coloradoans who think they have a long rough winter.:D

It was in the 30's today, that's cold here in Texas, so heh. I was still out there, long sleeve t shirt and shorts. I think I wear shorts regardless of temps outside.

Longmont is a bit different than steamboat springs.

Having lived in Upstate NY, I feel comfortable laughing at Coloradoans who think they have a long rough winter.:D

Its usually the deep snow that keeps me from playing, not the temperature.

Y'all ninnies talking about winter. Come on up to the northwoods of Wisconsin. Up here its not officially winter until it hits -30 without the windchill and stays that way for three days. We don't lose our snow until June. It starts snowing again in October. You southerners are a bunch of crybabies. Oh my god it snowed a half inch.... Close everything down. Babies.

Y'all ninnies talking about winter. Come on up to the northwoods of Wisconsin. Up here its not officially winter until it hits -30 without the windchill and stays that way for three days. We don't lose our snow until June. It starts snowing again in October. You southerners are a bunch of crybabies. Oh my god it snowed a half inch.... Close everything down. Babies.

You're just jealous we get snow days from work and get to play more dg.

It was snowing here the other day. I've got an 8am tee time tomorrow....it'll be about 33 when we hit the first hole, and we'll be cracking beers. That's what real men do.

50º and sunny is heavenly playing weather.

Latest posts