• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin Help

discoholic

Par Member
We are going to High Bridge Hills from St. Louis, MO. We are going to play; Fox River, Dretzka, Winter park, Standing Rock, Sandy Point, Highbridges, Mont du Lac, Blue Ribbon, Pickard, and Indian Hills Community College. Any thoughts? Is Mont du Lac worth the trip north?

I will be going on the trip with disco Steve and was also wondering this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated since we are leaving in two days.

Consider hitting another course or two in the Twin Cities area when you leave Blue Ribbon Pines on your way south. If you go through Minneapolis, try Bryant Lake, or if you go through St Paul, try Kaposia.

I have to be a homer and encourage you to come through Madison, but if not, a favorite of mine not on your list is Yulga in Stevens Point ... it's about 10 miles past Standing Rocks on your way to Sandy Point. I haven't played it yet, but Big Eau Pleine is another 20 miles up the road from Yulga and is supposed to be nice. Also, if you want something in between Dretzka and Winter Park, check out Vollrath in Sheboygan (where Barry Schultz honed his skills) or Silver Creek in Manitowoc.

in iowa i would play something else besides pickard. ewing, walnut ridge and big creek are all so much better.

when you coming through fox river? i may be able to meet you there.

If you're going to Highbridge, Mont du Lac isn't too far out of whack in the grand scheme of your trip. I have not played i, but am drooling as I wait to play it!

I'd second Silver Creek in Manitowoc if you have some extra time while near Winter Park (unless you can get an invite from tallpaul to play a private course in Reedsville).

Zobel Park in Green Lake is getting a lot of props, and my friends that have played it, love it.

Zobel Park in Green Lake is getting a lot of props, and my friends that have played it, love it.

I played Zobel yesterday for the 5th time and I've moved it onto my favorites list. Tee signs are now up and "next tee" signs are also up and are unique. I believe I'm going to update my review and bump it up to 4.5. It's that good, IMO. :thmbup:

Zobel is def a nice course to hit as well as Silver Creek. Depending upon when you'd be playing I could probably meet up for a round there or heck...maybe even at Winter Park or Dretzka. Let me know and I'll see what I can work out.

I am heading to Duluth for the weekend. Is there anyone up there interested in guiding an old guy around Mont du Lac Sunday?

Latest posts