• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XXX

I have a seasoned Z Pred that I absolutely enjoy throwing, it's very straight with a nice predictable fade. I have a fresh z Pred that is a little light and domey and it really likes to dive hard as it fades. I have another fresh z Pred (circle stamp) that is straight with the typical fade. I'll usually throw one of them on a 360' downhill hyzer hole (it's possible to hang a turnover/forehand over O.B.). Depending on the wind and how clean I'm throwing I'll typically park it within 30' all day. During casual rounds I'll tee off a second time using the xXx. My xXx isn't fresh anymore but I cannot get this disc there for anything. I love trying to throw it there though...lol. It is pure beef and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's easily 30-40' behind my Preds(Preds are sneaky long though). It's a great disc and has its purpose: cut rollers, dirty-OATy-forehands, big huckin overhands, spike hyzers that pierce the earth. Where's the Beef? XXX!

elnino said:
i would guess the XXX is the worst disc to get hit by! i think maybe a champ MAX might be sharper. or the new glow champ firebirds. anyhow broken edge or not you are going to be going to get stiched up.

Yeah, i don't want to get hit by a xXx. Last Thursday I was hit by a Nuke in the chin from about 220' out. Saw it at the last second as it was coming at me right under the sun and I moved just a bit before it glanced off the left side of my jaw. It left a big knot and a small abrasion.

LumberJack said:
I have a seasoned Z Pred that I absolutely enjoy throwing, it's very straight with a nice predictable fade. I have a fresh z Pred that is a little light and domey and it really likes to dive hard as it fades. I have another fresh z Pred (circle stamp) that is straight with the typical fade. I'll usually throw one of them on a 360' downhill hyzer hole (it's possible to hang a turnover/forehand over O.B.). Depending on the wind and how clean I'm throwing I'll typically park it within 30' all day. During casual rounds I'll tee off a second time using the xXx. My xXx isn't fresh anymore but I cannot get this disc there for anything. I love trying to throw it there though...lol. It is pure beef and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's easily 30-40' behind my Preds(Preds are sneaky long though). It's a great disc and has its purpose: cut rollers, dirty-OATy-forehands, big huckin overhands, spike hyzers that pierce the earth. Where's the Beef? XXX!

Yeah I know what you mean. I was throwing an approach shot, (a forehand hyzer shot) with my Pred and it went a little long (30 feet). My buddy replied, "I am surprised you did not throw your XXX!" I went ahead and threw the XXX to show him why I did not. I threw it forehand, with all I had, under control, and it came up far too short. The XXX is a beef stick. It is not meant for distance and I need to remember that.

It does do what it is supposed to do very well, though.

I hope lat 64 starts making some 150 class stuff soon. I don't throw a ton of light stuff, but I know a few people who like my light river but want it lighter. I like 165 ish for some of my drivers.

from what I've read so far, it's not so much that the XXX makes hearty sweeping glidey hyzers but it goes straight for a short bit and then just divebombs down to the left?

if so, it kinda sounds like my Terminator when it was brand new. it would go straight but as soon as it would start to slow down the left side of the disc would dip down and the thing would hyzer divebomb

From what I've seen they really like to fly on a C-curve line, turning the whole way, not just divebombing. They don't really like to go straight for any amount of time.

Been carrying an XXX for about 6 months, but never really had any major use for it at my home courses except for get out of trouble shots and ridiculous approaches. Been in Dallas over the holidays and have been able to play some new courses and have really fallen in love with the XXX for utility shots off of the tee. XXX = Dog legs and hard skip shots made easy.

the optos seem to have some variation so i would say my goldline is just about the middle of the the road for xxx's. have 8 for trade but only one goldline so make a good offer.

After playing for quite a long time with just my CFR CPDs in the overstable slot, I've put a XXX back in the bag. I've been having a lot of fun with my Nuke OS and I realized that I missed having a slower disc with this kind of stability in the bag. I threw Optos before, but I was kind of disappointed in the inconsistency in the few runs I threw. They were ALL overstable obviously, but considering they ranged from board flat to domey to domey with flat shoulders they flew very differently. We just got in some pretty pink GL XXXs in our last Lat. shipment, so I decided I'd take one of these out to see if I would like this type of disc back in the bag.

This GL flies nicer than any of the Optos I used. It has more glide, but is slower. This makes it nice for fairway stuff and FH approach shots because when I throw the disc turned it actually takes some time to get back to stable...during this time the disc is gliding forward. I can also do this with some touch and without forcing the disc like I used to feel like I was doing with my Optos. I've now found several latitude discs that I strongly prefer in one plastic over the other, and this seems to be one of them. The only remaining question is durability. I will report back if and when mine loses stability noticeably.

syy03k.jpg

Latest posts