• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your favourite discs?

Isn't it funny that favorite discs don't always seem to make it into the bag?

A big part of it is that I don't carry a bunch of molds (in fact I feel like I have one too many still but I can't roll anything else in there like a mongoose) The comet is pretty awesome, and I'll always have some in storage, but I'm more comfortable having one mid in stages (Ghost - beat gravity, fresh gravity, pinnacle) and I play my best golf with that kind of setup.

My favorite 3 changes more often than I change my socks. But currently it's an Atom, Gator, and Fireball.

The quality of courses around here varies from pretty close to perfect to I won't waste my time. My biggest complaint about most local courses is a lack of respect by a certain group of young guns for the short tees. Not everyone can throw 500 feet. Youngsters and oldsters are being ignored when they put in concrete for the long tees but neglect the short ones. On some courses around here you can't even find the short tees. Far too many of the local movers and shakers seem to have forgotten about the fun factor in they're efforts to "grow the sport" for serious competitive golf. Fortunately Hawk's Landing and it's proprietors, Doug & Mary Opiela haven't forgotten.

Disc golf course installation and improvement to existing course has spiked and now petered out in the 10+ years since I've started playing. At least 6 new courses were installed while several of the older ones have been improved. I think this area has enough courses right now to support the numbers of folks playing.

1. KC Pro Avair, Glide, River/Avenger SS.

2. 2 courses in town. One is very well maintained and is generally in great condition. 2nd one is not in such good condition. Some construction has gone one that has torn it up some and it just hasn't been repaired and kept up.

3. There are plenty of courses available within around 30 miles of my home and disc golf is very active in this area.

roach mako northman
only one course with in 30 miles but it is nice and well maintained.

I need some infromation to my and my friends school project. So I need many answers.
1. Tell me whats your favourite discs (putter, midrange, driver)?
2. What do you think about discgolf courses quality? Are there something that you wish to improve?
3. Do you think that there are enough courses? What about the location?

I too am interested in this school project that you and your friend are conducting.

1. What type of school do you go to?
2. How will this data from the many answers that you receive be used?
3. Where do you live and how are the disc golf courses there?

:popcorn:

Aviar, Roc, Teebird.

Courses around here in Oregon are generally very well taken care of due to us having a huge DG scene.

Courses in Oregon are abundant and located well for the most part in my opinion.

Hope that helps?

Aviar, Roc, Teebird.

Courses around here in Oregon are generally very well taken care of due to us having a huge DG scene.

Courses in Oregon are abundant and located well for the most part in my opinion.

Hope that helps?

Same as above. Except Orion LF/Roc/Wizard.
And we need 9 more holes at Milo, year round.

I need some infromation to my and my friends school project. So I need many answers.
2. What do you think about discgolf courses quality? Are there something that you wish to improve?

1. If I have to pick on if each; Harp, Bard, Firebird

2. I am lucky to live within 30 miles of a few very good courses, but overall quality is below where it needs to be. More permanent pads, better signs and fewer easily flooded courses would be cool.

3. I think in my area we need more, there are only two in my county and only one in the three adjacent. The nearest big city is Altana and if only has one course(though a good one) writhing the city proper.

Thought nearby smaller town(Douglasville) has three very good courses.

Favorite Putter for putting is a blend judge

Favorite Midrange is an E Mac Truth

Favorite Driver is a Predator

I play at a lot of pay to play metroparks and I don't think they do enough with the money. Teepads are always sandy and slippery and the trees are never trimmed making some lines harder or even impossible.

I also wish more courses had longer holes. I hardly run into courses that have holes over 450 ft.

In my area of SE Michigan we have courses a plenty. Never have to drive much more than 20 min.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk