• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Your MAX DISTANCE disc(s) choice in an OPEN FIELD – UPDATED JULY 2013

nice, so you just mark where you are and where your disc ends up and it calculates it?

Yeah pretty much. You hit start and then walk to where your disc landed and hit stop. I think it might only be a premium feature but its worth it. The app has several other nice features as well

Here is a screen shot of three sessions of messing around in a giant open field. Each session had a roughly 5-10 mph wind. I was fortunate enough to have a field large enough that I could throw any direction, so I opted to have the wind flowing as a tailwind with a roughly 30 degree left to right tilt. I feel this wind gives the most distance as it will be doing the pushing in the long anhyzer portion of the flight.

Discs used

Destroyer 1 - Josh Anthon 175g Star Destroyer (none made it to the top 8)
Destroyer 2 - S/DS 175g Star Destroyer
Destroyer 3 - Josh Anthon 174g Star Destroyer
Destroyer 4 - Bottom Stamp 172g Star Destroyer
Destroyer 5 - "New Run" (text fully to right of signature, as opposed to below) 174g Avery Destroyer

I0TgeIN.jpg

The Anthons and Bottom Stamps were Released on an anhyzer, and finished on a hyzer after stabling out. The S/DS and Avery were released flat, proceded to flip onto a anhyzer, then stabled out. As seen in the distances, this line gives quite a bit more distance than a more stable disc thrown on an anhyzer line to begin with.

As you can see, distance is a nice little trick I seem to have going for me =/

Last edited:
As a side note, I only throw max distance forehands with the more stable destroyers, mostly the white Anthon. I think I have just the slightest amount of wobble to my release, which makes the discs that are great for backhands slightly unreliable for forehands. To eliminate this risk, I just throw the beefcake destroyers with fat anhyzer angles. My forehand caps out at around 475-500 ft. I can post a form video of backhand/forehand if people are interested.

post a vid

As a side note, I only throw max distance forehands with the more stable destroyers, mostly the white Anthon. I think I have just the slightest amount of wobble to my release, which makes the discs that are great for backhands slightly unreliable for forehands. To eliminate this risk, I just throw the beefcake destroyers with fat anhyzer angles. My forehand caps out at around 475-500 ft. I can post a form video of backhand/forehand if people are interested.

Yeah post a vid I'm always willing to learn.

We have a driving range that we built at one of the local courses
It has a 4 wide Tee Pad with a post at 200' , 300' , and 400' , then you run out of feild about 500'.

So I know pretty well where I am at

I was kinda stuck at 250' - 300' for about six months. (Flat throws, mids and control drivers, 170ish g.)
Just had a light bulb moment about a week ago when some showed me I need to lock my wrist straight.
Now I am getting my opto Saint and Fury 169g out to about 325' - 375'
I feel like with a little bit of work, I can finaly hit that 400' mark!!!!!

wrist

We have a driving range that we built at one of the local courses
It has a 4 wide Tee Pad with a post at 200' , 300' , and 400' , then you run out of feild about 500'.

So I know pretty well where I am at

I was kinda stuck at 250' - 300' for about six months. (Flat throws, mids and control drivers, 170ish g.)
Just had a light bulb moment about a week ago when some showed me I need to lock my wrist straight.
Now I am getting my opto Saint and Fury 169g out to about 325' - 375'
I feel like with a little bit of work, I can finaly hit that 400' mark!!!!!

Do you mean keep your wrist straight at all times?

You do not want to curl your wrist at all. It should not be "locked", but it should be 180 degrees away from your body when you are pulling through.

I have Udisc and the furthest one ive measured was 430' with my champ destroyer a little anny up in the air a little . But my eagle beast archon and wraith i can easily hit pin on a 350' shot. And i can also rip my putter out to 300 :p