• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your personal top 5 to 10 courses and how and why you rated them that way...

1. Idlewild - Shot a +20, was bleeding in a few spots due to thorns, drove 5 hours to get there, lost two discs, and I still had a smile on my face the entire time I was playing. This course offers everything you could ask for in technicality, beauty, and maintenance.

2. Moraine - A true beauty that is masterfully designed. Has a great balance of tight and open hole types. A technical monster that makes you think on every shot. Always getting better and in top shape.

3. Waterworks - A very fun park-style course that specializes in elevation changes. Very challenging course but is fun for all levels of play. Great mixture of open and tree-lined fairways. Very well maintained.

4. Deer Lakes - Another superbly maintained course with a great variety in open and tight shots. Is a good bit easier for me than Moraine, but it echos a ton of the same qualities. The only thing that keeps it from earning a 5 from me are the 1 or 2 lesser holes than the course's general standard.

5. Orange Crush - Very unique course entirely set in the woods. Super tight - but fair - lines on every hole and there has been a tremendous amount of clearing to lessen the chance of losing discs. Only thing that keeps it from earning a 5 from me is that it lacks any holes with really any breathing room.

6. Foundation Park - Super fun course set in the middle of Illinois. Very technical holes with a TON of distance. Also very well maintained and a great combination of mixed and tight holes.

7. Linbrook DGC - A very raw course but it is in a beautiful setting to my liking and is very challenging. Offers some very unique holes.

8. Lincoln Ridge - Tremendous mix of holes and not awfully challenging gives this one a very high fun factor. Set in a beautiful park.

9. Knob hill - Always very well maintained and offers many technical holes in the PA woods.

10a. Two Mile Run - Only 9 holes, but offers some of my favorite holes that I have played.

10b. Seviren Lang - Very well taken care of and a great mix of super tight lines and more open holes.

1. Maple Hill: I recently moved back to the Boston area after years away. It's only gotten better with the tweaking of the red and blue courses. Elevation changes, water carries, wooded, open, Christmas trees…and you even get back the discs you lost to the watery depths. There are a lot of signature holes here. Holes 8 through 14 are as good a succession of holes as you get. It's like Thanksgiving followed by the 4th of July, and then Halloween is right after, then you enjoy Labor Day before settling into Christmas. When the leaves are changing and the air is cool, there is no course I'd rather play.
2. Highbridge Blueberry: Terrific design. Lots of great course elements, like the tiered fairways and greens, multiple lines on every hole, and sculpted fairways. Holes 6-13 are another memorable streak of holes.
3. Highbridge Gold: Big wow factor on a lot of holes. This course is not unfair, but it lets you know where you stand. Long fairways with tough rough, rewarding long accurate shots but punishing blowhards with sky hyzer distance. Walking the 1000 feet of Hole 8's fairway is why you play the game.
4. Conifer/Beaver Ranch: The best of the front range courses, and all five in this area are awesome. The first hole (or what used to be the first hole) straight up the mountain will make you throw a nose-up drive that you tried to teach yourself to avoid. You'll throw a lot of great shots here. More than just about any course, I walk this one in my mind a lot. Every hole here is good.
5. Flip City: As I mentioned in my review, it's the Babe Ruth of disc golf. It has been surpassed by some, but you'd rather talk about this one then some of those. And you'd rather play it. No, it's not a championship caliber course, and if you're an advanced player, you won't be challenged too much. But you'll have a blast here.
6. Highbridge Granite Ridge: Longer than Blueberry and a tad bit more open. Bring your calves, as the up and down here wore me out more than any Colorado course. If you're throwing accurately with some reasonable distance, you'll feel like a king. But there are a lot of places where things can go really wrong. Lots of tempting drives here. Only at Highbridge would this be the 3rd best course (and maybe 4th; I didn't get to play Bear)
7. Bucksnort: I bet you haven't heard of this one yet. This is the 2nd best of the front range courses in the Pine/Bailey/Conifer area. I had to get out of town to be in North Dakota the next morning but stayed to play a third round with my friends. It was worth it. About a third of the holes here are something you've never seen before. I love the holes on/along/above/over the gigantic boulder. It's a piece of rock bigger than a football field. Maybe the funnest course I've played.
8. Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge: Great design that forces a lot of different skills. Nice elevation changes. Plenty of fun holes.
9. Lake Casitas: underrated. I don't hear this one mentioned a lot. Big elevation used in excellent ways. You may not get to throw your go-to shot on the downhill bombs. But you'll enjoy figuring out if you can throw the anhyzer that descends 100 feet and comes out of the turn at the right point. Lots of risk/reward putts here. Plus I got to see Ted Dansen when I was getting coffee in nearby Ojai, and when you can combine Ted Dansen and epic disc golf in a morning, you just don't pass that up.
10. Hummel. This may well be in the top 25 one day when the tees and signs are installed. Nebraska is flat, right? Nope. The elevation changes here rival Conifer. Hole 1's throw down the staircase is among the best starting holes. Hole 2 is a completely unique shot that climbs maybe 40 feet up a hump before descending 50+ feet in an epic par 4. There are a half a dozen holes that gave me something I'd never seen before. It's rough around the edges now, but the design is there, and it's impressive.

Honorable mention: Blue Ribbon Pines, Waterworks, Magic Meadows, and Whistler's Bend

Hector Chain - For a dude who "has only played 81 courses" you have certainly played your share of the biggees all around the country. You're off to a great start!

Hector Chain - For a dude who "has only played 81 courses" you have certainly played your share of the biggees all around the country. You're off to a great start!

Hah! I've been fortunate to get to make repeated trips to Colorado and to use my recent move across the country to hit some high-profile courses.

I've also lived in a couple areas with a limited number of courses within two hours (Omaha and Las Vegas), so I haven't been able to nail as many day-trip courses as I would have liked, so I do have a disproportionate number of great courses on my list.

I do envy you guys you have hit hundreds of courses. I love the feeling of coming to a new courses and wondering if it will have something I haven't seen before, an interesting feature or a different shot.

Ashe County, Jefferson, NC
Fun, challenging, beautiful. It's the complete package. Up in the mountains, so you don't have to deal with the heat or the bugs that you do in most of the rest of NC. Several holes that make you want to empty your bag.

Warwick, Warwick NY
This is 1b to Ashe's 1a. Four possible layouts, and all of them work. Another beautiful park with a superb course in it. The shorts are fun, the longs are extremely challenging. Clean and beautiful. I love having a nice bed of grass under the trees. A big departure from most of the courses in the south, where the wooded holes are typically dirt or painful underbrush.

WR Jackson, IDGC, Appling, GA
Absolutely brutal. Power and placement together. Gotta hit your landing spot, but sometimes that a solid 350-400 feet out. Great layout.

Maple Hill, Leicester, MA
Huge variety of shots, beautifully maintained, tons of challenge.

Winthrop Gold, Rock Hill, SC
As much a mental test as a physical one. If you lose your concentration, you'll lose strokes.

Runners Up:
Hampton Park, Charleston, SC - Temp Course
Renaissance, Charlotte, NC
Charlotte's Web, Charlotte, NC
Wickham, East Hartford, CT
Trophy Lakes, Charleston, SC
Borderlands, Foxboro, MA
Joralemon, Coeymans, NY
Stoney Hill, Newberry, SC
Buckhorn, Raleigh, NC

1. Maple Hill: I recently moved back to the Boston area after years away. It's only gotten better with the tweaking of the red and blue courses. Elevation changes, water carries, wooded, open, Christmas trees…and you even get back the discs you lost to the watery depths. There are a lot of signature holes here. Holes 8 through 14 are as good a succession of holes as you get. It's like Thanksgiving followed by the 4th of July, and then Halloween is right after, then you enjoy Labor Day before settling into Christmas. When the leaves are changing and the air is cool, there is no course I'd rather play.
2. Highbridge Blueberry: Terrific design. Lots of great course elements, like the tiered fairways and greens, multiple lines on every hole, and sculpted fairways. Holes 6-13 are another memorable streak of holes.
3. Highbridge Gold: Big wow factor on a lot of holes. This course is not unfair, but it lets you know where you stand. Long fairways with tough rough, rewarding long accurate shots but punishing blowhards with sky hyzer distance. Walking the 1000 feet of Hole 8's fairway is why you play the game.
4. Conifer/Beaver Ranch: The best of the front range courses, and all five in this area are awesome. The first hole (or what used to be the first hole) straight up the mountain will make you throw a nose-up drive that you tried to teach yourself to avoid. You'll throw a lot of great shots here. More than just about any course, I walk this one in my mind a lot. Every hole here is good.
5. Flip City: As I mentioned in my review, it's the Babe Ruth of disc golf. It has been surpassed by some, but you'd rather talk about this one then some of those. And you'd rather play it. No, it's not a championship caliber course, and if you're an advanced player, you won't be challenged too much. But you'll have a blast here.
6. Highbridge Granite Ridge: Longer than Blueberry and a tad bit more open. Bring your calves, as the up and down here wore me out more than any Colorado course. If you're throwing accurately with some reasonable distance, you'll feel like a king. But there are a lot of places where things can go really wrong. Lots of tempting drives here. Only at Highbridge would this be the 3rd best course (and maybe 4th; I didn't get to play Bear)
7. Bucksnort: I bet you haven't heard of this one yet. This is the 2nd best of the front range courses in the Pine/Bailey/Conifer area. I had to get out of town to be in North Dakota the next morning but stayed to play a third round with my friends. It was worth it. About a third of the holes here are something you've never seen before. I love the holes on/along/above/over the gigantic boulder. It's a piece of rock bigger than a football field. Maybe the funnest course I've played.
8. Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge: Great design that forces a lot of different skills. Nice elevation changes. Plenty of fun holes.
9. Lake Casitas: underrated. I don't hear this one mentioned a lot. Big elevation used in excellent ways. You may not get to throw your go-to shot on the downhill bombs. But you'll enjoy figuring out if you can throw the anhyzer that descends 100 feet and comes out of the turn at the right point. Lots of risk/reward putts here. Plus I got to see Ted Dansen when I was getting coffee in nearby Ojai, and when you can combine Ted Dansen and epic disc golf in a morning, you just don't pass that up.
10. Hummel. This may well be in the top 25 one day when the tees and signs are installed. Nebraska is flat, right? Nope. The elevation changes here rival Conifer. Hole 1's throw down the staircase is among the best starting holes. Hole 2 is a completely unique shot that climbs maybe 40 feet up a hump before descending 50+ feet in an epic par 4. There are a half a dozen holes that gave me something I'd never seen before. It's rough around the edges now, but the design is there, and it's impressive.

Honorable mention: Blue Ribbon Pines, Waterworks, Magic Meadows, and Whistler's Bend

I've only played the Highbridge courses of the ones that you listed , but damn if you aren't spot on.

I thought I had done this, but as I have played a few more course I will go ahead and do one.

1. Flip City - First great course I played, and I love it to this day. It's just what disc golf should be.

2. Stoney Hill - Some of the best disc golf holes I have played. This course has everyone and is MONEY!

3. IDGC - WR Jackson Memorial DGC - This place is sick, nice and long, and great fairways. I liked it the best of the IDGC however as a whole that place is sick.

4. Lincoln Ridge Park - I wish this place was my home course. I loved everything about it.

5. Idlewild - the greens here are money, the course has so much extra put into it.

6. Fallasburg
7. Steady Ed
8. Hornets Nest
9. Hyzernaut's DGC
10. Beauty

1)Harmon Hills, TN
2)Ozark Mtn, MO
3)Holler, KY
4)Justin Trails BB, WI
5)Sugaree, NC
6) The Lodge, Moccasin Creek, OK
7)Ramcat, NC
8)Idlewild, KY
9)WR Jackson, GA
10)Wildcat Bluff, IA

Honorable mention
West Lake, IA
Flyboy, GA
Foundation, IL
Conifer, CO
The lodge, Island Course, OK

1 - Rollin Ridge - WI - An extremely great mix of shots, where you need every shot in your asenal to score well. Tight fairways, rough rough, Longs hole, Great Structures. Overall its just amazing.

2 - West Lake Park - IA - Long, Rolling Hills, Tons of Water, Nicely manicured. Just another picturesque course with an amazing ammount of tough holes that are really fun to play.

3 - Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge - WI - Another long bomber course with a great mix of elevation and rough. One of the funnest courses I have ever played.

4 - Pine Oaks - FL - Just another long course that has a great mix of low long shots and big mature trees. Really great hole layout.

Havent played too many top courses. But I'll give this a go since I love lists, and ranking things.

1. Wickham Park, CT
2. Porcupine Ridge, ME
3. T2, FL

After that it is tough and I think I'm more comfortable in tiers. 4-7: these are great but I have at least one reservation

Brackets Bluff, NC (loved it, except the repeated holes)
Borderlands, MA (loved it, except some of the gaps between holes)
Sebattus, ME (loved it, but it was long before I had played many courses)
Rock Ridge, NC (not finished, but already love it)

8-9:

Pine Oaks, FL
Renny, NC

I guess I'll save a spot. I'm planning to be at Castle Hayne and Richmond Hill in the next few weeks. I'm guessing I will really like at least one of them

Top five (as in best)
1) Harmon Hills
2)Brakewell
3)Nockamixon
4)Iron Hill
5)WR Jackson
Top 5 (as in favorites)
1) Harmon Hills
2) Black Falls
3) Joralemon
4) Sugaree
5) Cranberry Disco

1. Winter Park: The first time i played it I shot well into the +20s, I've finally started to average even with my best score at -5. The risk/reward here is phenomenal!
2. Standing Rocks
3. Rollin' Ridge
4. Idlewild
5. Sandy Point

5) Mercer County Park DGC in Princeton Jct., NJ
4) Tinicum Park in Erwinna, PA
3) Campgaw Reservation-Green in Mahwah, NJ
2) Jordan Creek in Whitehall, PA
1) Brakewell Steel/Warwick Park in Warwick, NY

Last edited:
Sorry, I messed up.
5) Mercer County Park DGC in Princeton Jct., NJ
4) Campgaw Reservation-Green in Mahwah, NJ
3) Jordan Creek in Whitehall, PA
2) Tinicum Park in Erwinna, PA
1) Brakewell Steel/Warwick Park in Warwick, NY

Tinicum is actually really good.
Hope I can play Nocki sometime :).

Since I have some newer additions I'll redo this.. I think I did this already at least... either way...

1. Flyboy
2. Hawk Hollow
3. Harmon Hills
4. Black Jack
5. Stoney Hill
6. Brackett's Bluff (old layout)
7. Castle Hayne
8. Hornet's Nest
9. Cedar Hill (TN)
10. Walnut Creek

I thought I had done this, but as I have played a few more course I will go ahead and do one.

1. Flip City - First great course I played, and I love it to this day. It's just what disc golf should be.

2. Stoney Hill - Some of the best disc golf holes I have played. This course has everyone and is MONEY!

3. IDGC - WR Jackson Memorial DGC - This place is sick, nice and long, and great fairways. I liked it the best of the IDGC however as a whole that place is sick.

4. Lincoln Ridge Park - I wish this place was my home course. I loved everything about it.

5. Idlewild - the greens here are money, the course has so much extra put into it.

6. Fallasburg
7. Steady Ed
8. Hornets Nest
9. Hyzernaut's DGC
10. Beauty

Since I have some newer additions I'll redo this.. I think I did this already at least... either way...

1. Flyboy
2. Hawk Hollow
3. Harmon Hills
4. Black Jack
5. Stoney Hill
6. Brackett's Bluff (old layout)
7. Castle Hayne
8. Hornet's Nest
9. Cedar Hill (TN)
10. Walnut Creek

Same number 8, yet my 2 is your 5 :popcorn: Also we've only played 2 of the same courses.

Haven't played a ton, but have hit some good ones. A WI-only list.

1. Highbridge Granite Ridge -I can't wait to get back to this one. Can't. Wait.
2. Rollin' Ridge (Reedsville, WI) - Tight lines, turns both ways, bombs...and it's only getting better. They are installing a freakin' netted driving range. Also, this course showed me I still suck, badly.
3. Highbridge Blueberry Hills - I felt like I was going uphill this entire damn course.
4. Sandy Point Resort (Lac du Flambeau, WI) - Manicured northwoods course...all kinds of different shots and lines. Love it.
5. Silver Creek (Manitowoc, WI) - Expanded to 27 holes, mostly wooded...my kind of course. Not the hardest thing around, but always fun. Great hilltop shot in the middle.

Hitting Justin Trails this weekend, so this list may be up for changes very soon.

Update to the list:

1. Granite Ridge
2. Winter Park (this is 1. and 1A....I freakin' love this course)
3. Blueberry
4. Rollin' Ridge
5. Sandy Point (really can't wait to get back and try this one again)

Updated Top 5 List:

1) Severin Lang - Indiana
2) Valley View - Indiana
3) Keriakes - Kentucky
4) Brookside Park - Indiana
5) Vista Del Camino - Arizona

Latest posts