• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Your thoughts on the Innova Gator?

Gator?

• Yay!

Votes: 244 59.2%
  • Nay!

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Never tried it.

Votes: 132 32.0%

• Total voters
gators are cool. However, I love the Scale and the Whippet, and neither of those will be going anywhere. That makes a Gator far too redundant for me to be interested in the mold.

gators are cool. However, I love the Scale and the Whippet, and neither of those will be going anywhere. That makes a Gator far too redundant for me to be interested in the mold.

What kind of plastic for the whippet? I just felt one up the other day in old dx and felt awesome.

Just wondering if a champ would be a nice skipper.

I scored a PFN DX gator at PIAS a while back that I quite like. Very little glide and very stable. Doesn't care about wind in any direction and doesn't skip much either. Not my favorite disc, but for getting out of the stickers or gusty days it's pretty rad. I've hit cage with it twice in forehands off the tee as well, both times same hole, maybe 3" low. It's a nice disc to have.

Last edited:
My experiences with the Zone have destroyed any interest in another OS mid. I've heard good things about the Gator but I've found 'the one'.

The gator is small diamater, old school mold that is ridiclous os.

Interesting disc. But I think it is really outdated. So many other better options. Particulary in the putter style molds. Harp, suspect, etc..

I just got a metal flake gator. No where near the stability of the champion i have, which is a f2 of the ring of gators (pretty sure).

Im sorta mad i threw it, because i bought it for a back up. Could have sold it. But they arent really the same stability, even after a year my old gator still much more stable.

I bag an old PFN DX Gator and love that stupid disc. I don't know why, but I find myself wanting to throw it all the time, even when it's not in the best interest of my score.

Short and OS. I use it for those shots where I gotta get around something, or I need a shorter flick layout. I've banged a few forehand putts with it from the bushes. I just think OS midrange discs are really fun to throw. I've tried powering up a bit on it but then it just becomes a Roc.

Funny this thread came up. Over the weekend I acquired a Star Gator, 168g, and took it to the range for familiarization. I was expecting a meathook, but the Gator flew very well for me. It threw some awesome flex shots and got surprisingly good distance. Thrown straight and flat, it did fade left (RHBH throws), but it was like the disc was saying "I think I'll go straight for a while... oh, I've got to fade left, here we go!" and just break left and head for the ground. I might add that it was not heavily windy but there was a bit of breeze... which did not seem to affect the Gator's flight at all.

I got the Star Gator as a utility disc for shots to get around objects on an approach, and also where I need a reliable fade at the end (which my Roc3s don't quite provide) or a strong wind-fighter. I think I have that, but as I threw the Gator, I realized I will be finding more uses for it than I originally thought I'd have. Looks like it's going to be a good disc for my bag.

Ya i had a star gator first , pretty awesome disc.

Moved to the champ because all the attributes i like are enhanced. Easy to range, thing flys like a brick even more so in champ. Screw wind. Screw damage. Skips chain high and more constiently in champ.

Gator is a disc thatll sit in the bag most of the time, but i literally walk up to a hole or upshot and know its "gator time baby".

I throw a 175g ring of gators and love it. I threw a zone also but the gator won out. I guess I'm used to beaded mid and the gator felt more comfortable. The gator I have is more overstable than the zone for sure. (Crystal flx)

Gators are awesome. I've kinda forgotten about them. I pretty much by backups of backups and the occasional new releases now instead of revisiting older classics.

But the memories I have of my f2 glow gator are fond.

It had a purple stamp.

Allot of people comparing the zone it looks like.

They're both really nice. I like flat low profile discs like the suspect zone and harp, but the mild dome and small diameter of the beaded gator feels great too.

Allot of people comparing the zone it looks like.

They're both really nice. I like flat low profile discs like the suspect zone and harp, but the mild dome and small diameter of the beaded gator feels great too.

There is plenty of board flat gators out there.

Ive never thrown a zone. Prolly because i know if i ever happened to love it itll be irreplaceable for a non discraft thrower.

I have my silly dreams of throwing a disc correctly and being pro and all that still lol. And want innova.

True. I had a dx that was flat, I didn't like it though, I don't want OS utility discs to "break in".

Maybe that's why my mild domed glow gator was f2'd?

The last run of jl ring of gators were super flat the description said all discs are pancake flat and they were not kidding my blue one is as flat as it gets.

I was checking the metal flake gators the other day. About half had gross domes.