• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z-Boaz crowd!!!

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
We all know Z-Boaz gets crowded, but yesterday was the first day that I saw the crowd explode!!! Tons of dogs, people, seasoned throwers, newbs, and numerous families accompanied by their small children...and ah yes, the dreaded fog horn going off just about every 5 min. Parking lot was full, street parking lot was full behind hole 18, and their was probably about 30 cars on the street.

It took 3.5 hours to play a 1.5 hour game.

With the growing popularity of the sport (which is great btw) how crowded can Z-Boaz get??? Among other courses.

Anyone know where you can have a large area map of the Fort Worth area printed off, pin-pointing the location of the other courses in the area? I'd like pin one up on hole 1's bulletin board.

Print the screen from the map on here

Thought about it....but I want it like 5ft by 5 ft haha. Really obvious. Not that big really, but you get what I mean.

Something like this?

4489599649_b5a37d6809.jpg

\/\/

We all know Z-Boaz gets crowded, but yesterday was the first day that I saw the crowd explode!!! Tons of dogs, people, seasoned throwers, newbs, and numerous families accompanied by their small children...and ah yes, the dreaded fog horn going off just about every 5 min. Parking lot was full, street parking lot was full behind hole 18, and their was probably about 30 cars on the street.

It took 3.5 hours to play a 1.5 hour game.

With the growing popularity of the sport (which is great btw) how crowded can Z-Boaz get??? Among other courses.

Anyone know where you can have a large area map of the Fort Worth area printed off, pin-pointing the location of the other courses in the area? I'd like pin one up on hole 1's bulletin board.

Great Idea! This really needs to be done. I only play Z-Boaz early during the week, other wise it takes far to long to play.

Hole #1 had about 20 people on it waiting to throw. We waited 20 min. on Hole #9.

Numerous times, we'd have a newb group skip through us and the group finishing the hole (skip hole 6 and go to 7 for ex.), which then leads to a HUGE back-up on the next hole.

I think it's more than them just going to Z-Boaz because it's close, I think it's because they don't know of the other courses in the area.

By word of mouth, Z-Boaz spreads the quickest IMO.

Last edited:
SO true. I just found out about most of the other courses because of this site. I only knew of Crowley and Z-Boaz until recently.

map of Z boaz course

hi, I am likely one of the newbies you talk about.

do any of y'all know if there is map anywhere the Z Boaz course?
I easily followed holes 1-3, but then couldn't find 4. I saw 8 and 9 I think.
I hate interrupting people that are playing by walking all over to find the next hole. Especially now that as you mention it is getting pretty busy there.

Thanks

hi, I am likely one of the newbies you talk about.

do any of y'all know if there is map anywhere the Z Boaz course?
I easily followed holes 1-3, but then couldn't find 4. I saw 8 and 9 I think.
I hate interrupting people that are playing by walking all over to find the next hole. Especially now that as you mention it is getting pretty busy there.

Thanks

If it's that crowded, can't you just follow and watch the group in front of you? Sounds like Morley Field.

The skipping ahead to the next hole thing is a pet peeve of mine. It does nothing for the flow of the course, and it is incredibly selfish.

As far as the map goes, you can always print one out and have it blown up at a poster shop, maybe kinkos?

Man, I want to go back to that course! Last time I played, that last couple of holes weren't even finished, and they were still making the tree stump basket. Oh, if only I were closer!

I've got a plotter at work. I'll see about printing an area map to post at hole 1. I've gotten to where I'll turn down an invitation to play at Z Boaz just because of the crowds.

I've played Z-boaz a couple of times while down there visiting family. I've played several other courses in the area too. I'll state the obvious, but the reason it's crowded is that it is a really fun course. Putting up a sign that shows where the crappy courses are isn't going to help.

Alongside posting a map on the bulletin board, another idea (albeit a bit more costly) might be to make a map the size of a sheet of paper, copy off about 50-100 of them, and hand them out to people in the parking lot so they can always have one with them in their car.

i live in north fort worth and there are a lot of great courses around z-boaz. the best is turner park in grand prairie and also veterans in arlington. turner is at the top of the list for best parks in dfw.

There are no maps for a reason....if the noobs don't know where to go, they wont come back. The one definite way to piss me off on the golf course is when people skip holes and then i have to wait on not just the original group but also the group that used to be behind me. Happened twice last week, once at veterans and once at zboaz, i was about to explode.

Z-Boaz, pay to play. Seriously guys when is this going to be considered as an option on this course. It will solve so many issues, people, TDD, vadalism, trash and parking.

I agree that Z-boaz should be PTP.It's set up perfectly for it too.$5 a car.Parking lot full?,tough.We would get rid of most of the jack asses and have a fund to give this course the upgrade it so rightfully deserve.I live in Colorado now but my family lives in north Texas and I would not have a problem paying to play my old home course.

And oh yeah NO car packing.If car can only sit 4 comfortably than 4 people only.No packed truck beds no suburbans full of drunk jack asses.

Latest posts