• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Zone vs Rat

:confused::\:wall:
Utter nonsense, allow me to paraphrase "the champ has less glide than the pro in a Rhyno therefore its better than a Pig". This is horribly flawed logic. Pigs are just fine as wind fighters... back to Rats and Zones please

Never said it was better disc just said it had better wind fighting. I think they suck cause of the no glide thing they just dump at end of flight right out of the air as soon as you can see the disc slow down.

To me, one of the big virtues of the Pig (vs say a Zone, Mortar, Gator, etc.) is that they tend to hit and stick more. You don't have to play for a big skip like you do with a Zone (and hope that wet grass or a tree root don't eat your skip). I'd guess that is mainly due to the Pig's baseline plastic; other than that, it flies similarly to a Zone, although maybe a tad slower.

I love Pro-D Zones for what you just described. And they beat into a great spot as well. Can't speak to the Rat, but a super beat Pro-D Zone is literally my most used disc other that my putting putter. I know you love your Pigs, but you should give a Pro-D Zone a toss and get back to us with a comparison. I would, but don't know anyone who throws Pigs, but would be willing to bet you know someone who throws Zones.

I think they suck cause of the no glide thing they just dump at end of flight right out of the air as soon as you can see the disc slow down.

Which is exactly why some people love them. That is the beauty of all the disc choices we have, something for everyone.

Which is exactly why some people love them. That is the beauty of all the disc choices we have, something for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I know I have a cousin who uses the Champion Rhyno as his driving and putting putter. Most out there choice for a putter I have seen, only other as out there choice I have seen was an uncle who uses the DX Spider, 2 of them beat up for his putting putters.

Last edited:
The Rat flies basically like a fresh champ Roc3 (at least in my experience). It is very straight, can hold up to slight wind, and has a small fade at the end of the flight.

Flight wise AND distance wise? Or basically a shorter roc3?

its shorter for sure. tweener. driving putter. straight to fade. minimal torque resistance. holds up to mild winds. low glide. excels at touch forhand approachs

I'm a long time Zone thrower who also throws mostly Innova. Has anyone throw both of these discs? Inflight makes it look like they're almost identical.

Disc you are looking for is the AviarX3 just get a lighter wight like low around 170 gram wight or in the upper 165-169 grams if you do not like the dump of the disc as much still not 100% close to a Zone as the AviarX3 has less glide then most putters, From what I have seen online.

Latest posts