• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Seems like extra battery packs would be a must. Don't they have this problem almost every year?

Even with extra battery packs, they still have to shut down to change them over. Or are the cameras supposed to magically work even while they're doing that?

You do that while the splash screen is up or during commercials.

Funny, isn't that exactly what's happening? Assuming of course that it is actually a battery replacement going on and not some other technical issue like a loss of signal or something.

From what I understand of the rig, shutting down/re-booting to replace the battery is at least a 5-10 minute process (picture re-booting your own laptop, then getting whatever programs you need to use back up and running). It's not a matter of pulling one battery, putting in another, and you're good to go.

Crazy John Bingo is back!!!!!!!!

If you're watching the live coverage of the 2015 PDGA Pro Worlds provided by DiscGolfPlanet.TV, your viewing and listening experience will be enhanced if you download a Crazy John Bingo card! This link will give you a pdf file with 15 unique Crazy John Bingo cards: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57765828/Crazy%20John%20Bingo-cards-2015_Worlds_v1.pdf

We have been watching Crazy since the first DiscGolfPlanet webcast and have compiled a list of his most-used witticisms and conversational crutches. Listen to the webcast and mark off the squares as you hear the catchphrases. When you complete five in a row for Bingo, announce it via the DGPTV chat!

If you have suggestions for new terms to add to the card, go to the "Crazy John & Disc Golf Guy Bingo page on Facebook. We'll try to update the card each day with new Crazy-isms!

True, but even in a casual round, the guy standing in the fairway waiting is the jerk. But the ad seems to be playing to the notion that if you're the guy lost in the brush while your buddies wait impatiently in the fairway, you're the dick who's ruining everyone else's good time and you need to buy their fancy tracker disc.

Cool innovation, but lame ad strategy.
JC I got the gist of your joke...was just trying to add to the comedy. There is a line in the commercial basically saying that this technology will increase speed of play in tournaments which was the reason I quoted the rule. :thmbup:

I'm out there now. Seems like there was a problem with the live feed. I think they switched to tape and will upload it later.

Funny, isn't that exactly what's happening? Assuming of course that it is actually a battery replacement going on and not some other technical issue like a loss of signal or something.

From what I understand of the rig, shutting down/re-booting to replace the battery is at least a 5-10 minute process (picture re-booting your own laptop, then getting whatever programs you need to use back up and running). It's not a matter of pulling one battery, putting in another, and you're good to go.

I don't know what the process is, but it would be nice to get a head's up from Crazy that "we're going to stand down for a few minutes to swap batteries". If it were me I would have a splash screen to post so viewers know what's going on. Less griping that way.

coverage for the first MPO round by DGPlanet was about par for the course (read sub par quality). BUT Crazy Johns commentary for me was much more informed and accurate this go round. A much needed improvement IMO. way to go Crazy!!

I don't know what the process is, but it would be nice to get a head's up from Crazy that "we're going to stand down for a few minutes to swap batteries". If it were me I would have a splash screen to post so viewers know what's going on. Less griping that way.

I don't disagree with you on the letting us know what's going on part (though apparently there was a post or two in the chat from Duesler). But lol at your last line. There's nothing anyone can do to lessen the griping of disc golfers. Nothing. :)

If you're watching the live coverage of the 2015 PDGA Pro Worlds provided by DiscGolfPlanet.TV, your viewing and listening experience will be enhanced if you download a Crazy John Bingo card! This link will give you a pdf file with 15 unique Crazy John Bingo cards: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57765828/Crazy%20John%20Bingo-cards-2015_Worlds_v1.pdf

We have been watching Crazy since the first DiscGolfPlanet webcast and have compiled a list of his most-used witticisms and conversational crutches. Listen to the webcast and mark off the squares as you hear the catchphrases. When you complete five in a row for Bingo, announce it via the DGPTV chat!

If you have suggestions for new terms to add to the card, go to the "Crazy John & Disc Golf Guy Bingo page on Facebook. We'll try to update the card each day with new Crazy-isms!

I guess we have to add "Delicious"

Anyways.... Looks like Avery and Nate both put up solid bogey free rounds.

What I'm seeing shows both having holes left to play, so it's premature to call them bogey free rounds just yet. (assuming you're talking Sexton rather than Doss)

You know...I watched this last year and was impressed with the commentary, camera, etc. After a full year of DGG and others in the field now, I'd have to say I was thoroughly underwhelmed with Crazy's colorful unprofessional commentary. And his low whisper/gravel reminded me of that mumbly coach/guy in The Water Boy. And that single, shaky camera..I was expecting to see the Blair Witch hiding behind those trees. Thankful for the coverage...but it's obvious there is better alternatives out there now if they're willing to hire them.

yeah the coverage is terrible.. especially for what is supposed to be the biggest event of the year.

Unless someone who isn't being covered under live scoring murdered it.....Moraine held up to the best that disc golfers had to offer.....glad we didn't see a 16 down....

You know...I watched this last year and was impressed with the commentary, camera, etc. After a full year of DGG and others in the field now, I'd have to say I was thoroughly underwhelmed with Crazy's colorful unprofessional commentary. And his low whisper/gravel reminded me of that mumbly coach/guy in The Water Boy. And that single, shaky camera..I was expecting to see the Blair Witch hiding behind those trees. Thankful for the coverage...but it's obvious there is better alternatives out there now if they're willing to hire them.
I'm not sure what's unprofessional about him. He's constantly going over scenarious, wind conditions, placements, etc. After the European Open I'm just happy to see some disc golf. None of the crews are perfect, but there is a huge learning curve. As long as we get some footage I'm happy. Anything is better than EO. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth. Hopefully the kinks get worked out for the rest of the rounds.

Latest posts