• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Hey so I took out my first runs for the winter and have been throwing some stock stamped ones that are just as flat as my first runs and have almost the same parting line (like really really close) and these ones really don't like being thrown on flex shots. I tried to work them in the field in big S anny flex lines which my first runs love and these just held the damn anny the whole way but when I threw them with a little hyzer to try and play the hyzer flip line they didn't really pop up for me. WTH destroyers?

So anyway what are some characteristics of the tasty destroyers out there?

Domey minty echo green FTW. I have been throwing these on big S anny flex lines and they work better than any other destroyer out there. Some may start off a little too overstable for you, but echo beats in nicely and has a ton of glide/carry. For beefy destroyers, go with the champ glows. These handle the wind better than any other distance driver I've thrown. For hyzer flip, get a flatter pro...won't last too long, but they are money out of the box for hyzer flip shots.

How much do first runs go for nowadays? I want to try one, but don't wanna spend over $20.

Im pretty sure new FR cost about $30 nowadays.

Every echo destroyer I have thrown has been nice and stable, not nearly as stable as a glow, but quite more stable than stock runs.

FrankD, if you can get your hands on some of the first runs of stock stamped ones that came out after the FR, those are probably what your looking for. I do not know how to differentiate this run though.

juju said:
Domey minty echo green FTW. I have been throwing these on big S anny flex lines and they work better than any other destroyer out there. Some may start off a little too overstable for you, but echo beats in nicely and has a ton of glide/carry. For beefy destroyers, go with the champ glows. These handle the wind better than any other distance driver I've thrown. For hyzer flip, get a flatter pro...won't last too long, but they are money out of the box for hyzer flip shots.

How much do first runs go for nowadays? I want to try one, but don't wanna spend over $20.

Have you tried any of the SDS Destroyers? Those things are massively overstable.

Sorry if this has been covered but do pro destroyers wear better (slower) than pro bosses? I had a few pro bosses that went from absolute bombers to way too flippy very quickly.

uNicedmeMan said:
Sorry if this has been covered but do pro destroyers wear better (slower) than pro bosses? I had a few pro bosses that went from absolute bombers to way too flippy very quickly.

IMO, yes. I have a pro destroyer that has three seasons on it and it will still come out of a turnover. I have had 1 pro boss that lasted all of about 1 month before it was uncontrollable.

BLURR said:
uNicedmeMan said:

IMO, yes. I have a pro destroyer that has three seasons on it and it will still come out of a turnover. I have had 1 pro boss that lasted all of about 1 month before it was uncontrollable.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. My pro boss experiences mirrored yours. Now to stock up on some destroyers...

I just picked up a couple destroyers. The shop had 2 s/DS ones so I grabbed them. Holly good God these are sweet. I haven't thrown destroyers for about 2 years other than just grabbing a buddy's to give a toss. I was throwing these longer than anything I've tossed in a long time.

It also helps that I figured out what the hell was wring with my throw, but damn, these were bombing.

The SDS marked Destroyers are a whole different breed of Destroyer. They are about as overstable as a Z-Force.

How are the AJ Sig. Destroyers? I have one on the way and was wondering what their flight characteristics are when compared to normal Star Destroyers and SDS Star Destroyers?!

The 2 I got (1 aj 1 stock) just bomb. I wouldn't say the are meat hooks, but just plain stable. And they just go. These fly like my favorite seasoned NS bosses I had. These will probably push out my P DD2 and P PD2.

Picked up an AJ Destroyer today. That thing is going to be my headwind distance driver. It bombs(As much as it can playing the snow)...and will not even come close to flipping.

What I'm living about them is that they seem to keep their speed through so much of their flight. They also tandem perfectly with the PD2

I'm debating on whether or not I should get a new D-Driver. I'm currently throwing a Wraith for my distance shots. My current distance is 380-390 golf d and 430 max d measured by Google Earth on flat ground. I was wondering if I could gain anything by adding a Destroyer.

A destroyer will definitely be more dependable in windy conditions. That's why I initially started throwing them.

Latest posts