• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Unity said:
Has anybody had/seen/thrown echo stars that had the normal star stamp on them? I'd never heard of an echo star disc without the echo stamp on it before.

My Echo Katanas just have the sticker, no E stamp. But I know they were limited runs.

Unity said:
Has anybody had/seen/thrown echo stars that had the normal star stamp on them? I'd never heard of an echo star disc without the echo stamp on it before.

I have seen destroyers, TBs (have two), and a katana (Northwoods Open Stamp), all E*, that had either the regular star stamp or another stamp. It does happen.

Unity said:
Haven't seen one with the Echo stamp yet...

jubuttib said:
Unity said:
Haven't seen one with the Echo stamp yet...

Just look on ebay. You'll see 'em all over the place. Just a really small stamp on one side.

There were tons of regular stamped discs that were E*. I have a first run Echo Star Xcaliber which I believe was the first disc ever in Echo. There were TBs, Leopards, Wraiths and several others I can't think of right now.

Holy shit the Avery Jenkins sig Destroyer I just got is overstable! In the past few months I've tested dozens of Destroyers, and these are off the charts in terms of stability despite a parting line that would not suggest such flight. I've got a 173 that is really domey (but not more than my E*s) and it starts fading about 2/3 through a 420' flight and skips like mad. Personally I love it.

After trying destroyers, I've switched back to bosses. I can just get sooooo much more D without sacrificing too much accuracy. (I only throw either of these on 425'+ shots which are few and far between and mostly open.) I picked up a domey 168g pro boss and the first night with it threw it 550', my longest by 30' and about 60-70' longer than my destroyers.

Anyone else not lose too much accuracy with bosses vs destroyers?

discspeed said:
Holy shit the Avery Jenkins sig Destroyer I just got is overstable! In the past few months I've tested dozens of Destroyers, and these are off the charts in terms of stability despite a parting line that would not suggest such flight. I've got a 173 that is really domey (but not more than my E*s) and it starts fading about 2/3 through a 420' flight and skips like mad. Personally I love it.

Sounds like a limp wrist.
This is what having a girlfriend does to your wrist strength Mike... :lol:

Jeronimo said:

They designed a javelin around Lamar's limp-wristed throwing style (a la Revenge of the Nerds), I don't see why they couldn't design a destroyer for mike... :mrgreen:

Jeronimo said:
discspeed said:

I'm married now...So my wrist is just fine! :lol:

discspeed said:
I'm married now...So my wrist is just fine! :lol:
ahhhh........so its a missing testicle problem

and yeah those avery destroyers look beefy on the shelf, if i didnt have such a stock of Echos already id get some

I frickin' lost my Echo* Destroyer yesterday, and already have a giant gap in my bag. The one I lost had the regular star stamp on it. Can anyone tell me if the new Echo stamps have just as much dome as the older regular stamped ones? I know it sounds like a finicky question, but that disc was butter.

another question for you destroyer throwers...

what's the value of a new 1st run star destroyer?

usually around 30 if it's mint .Color and stamp color may increase the value as well. Odd colors can pull more sometimes Lime green,pink,,rainbow stamps etc.

$30-$50 just like Booter said. Really pretty ones will be fetching that $50 price tag on eBay, regular old solid colors like blue, red, white, etc... will be the $30's. Although it looks like there's been a price jump recently, everyone on eBay is trying to sell them for no less than $40. They're not exactly selling though...

cool, I'm about to pick one up from a guy and wanted to be sure I'm not over paying. Probably will just use it as trade bait :)

Joz said:
I frickin' lost my Echo* Destroyer yesterday, and already have a giant gap in my bag. The one I lost had the regular star stamp on it. Can anyone tell me if the new Echo stamps have just as much dome as the older regular stamped ones? I know it sounds like a finicky question, but that disc was butter.

Mine have huge domes, but we have some flat ones at the store too. The flat ones have the old stamp though.

the e* destroyers with ECHO stamp we have at my shop are only moderately domey. I have a few green E* destroyers that were tournament stamped that have huge domes in comparison

I didn't feel like digging through this thread, but I have a quick question.

How does the DX Destroyer compare with the Pro Destroyer? Which has more glide? Which will fly further? Which is more predictable?

Assuming you are able to turn a Pro and get the full flight out of it, I would say Pro has more glide, is longer, and more predictable. My DX Destroyer was flat, and flat meant less stable. Although it being flat, it was a little better in most winds.

Latest posts