• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

I bet Feldberg is pissed, cause the Destroyer is a way better disc and I bet in the long run it will sell better than the Boss.

Especially when he has 7 Destroyers and only 2 (proto) Bosses in his bag.

Well, no kidding.

The Boss worth the consistency loss for the distance gain compared to a Destroyer or an Xcal, so most top pros will only use them in rare situations.

Dave got the Boss assigned to him before it was even out, so it was just a marketing choice.

Of course, it has sold shit hot so far, so I'm sure he's not complaining. Every new player has one or six in their bags, unfortunately.

rusch_bag said:
A lot of the latest champ Destroyers I have been seeing are a lot gummier, and a little flatter. How are these guys flying?

Just as you might expect...Flippier and with just a touch less glide compared to domier/stiffer champs.

rusch_bag said:
A lot of the latest champ Destroyers I have been seeing are a lot gummier, and a little flatter. How are these guys flying?

I'm curious about this myself. I just bought an S/DS star and it is quite straight right out of the box. Never thrown a champ. Gotta give props to my E*DS. They are just sooooo glidey... :mrgreen:

patdabunny said:
Gotta give props to my E*DS. They are just sooooo glidey... :mrgreen:

I'll second this. I've been loving my beat/new combo of E*s and I'm throwing them farther consistently than anything I've ever used for distance. The new one is great for mashing far and throwing hyzers and the beat one is great for line shaping (at least for a distance driver). Mine are yellow, 174-175g, and freakishly domey. They remind me of the old opaque yellow CE plastic and it makes me wonder what they reground to make them :idea: :?:

finally understand the goodness that is a beat pro destroyer...my 169 is now the longest disc in my bag, as it should, its also the fastest i carry. thrown with hyzer, she flips up flat, glides to the right with a slight left finish, just about in straight line from where i threw it. throw her flat...she holds a looooong anny line and doesn't come back.

So someone asked me a question about destroyers. I don't have any clue so I bringing the question to the brain trust that is DGR.

Is there or was there a pre-production run prior to a proto star stamped destroyer? Is the assumption correct that the proto star stamped were the first run?

Basically was there an initial run for a tournament prior to the first run (I.e. Like the Memorial Nuke preceded the First Run ESP Nuke)?

ManU said:
So someone asked me a question about destroyers. I don't have any clue so I bringing the question to the brain trust that is DGR.

Is there or was there a pre-production run prior to a proto star stamped destroyer? Is the assumption correct that the proto star stamped were the first run?

Basically was there an initial run for a tournament prior to the first run (I.e. Like the Memorial Nuke preceded the First Run ESP Nuke)?

Yes there was. The original Destroyers were CFR Champions (I had one from the Golden State Classic I think), which sold for a ridiculously high amount on Ebay thanks to one Danny Olow who kept paying high prices and buying them all up. I'm not sure if we've seen anything like that since in terms of inflated FR disc prices.

There were the Champ and Pro Destroyers in CFR. I have a 2008 Golden State Classic Pro Destroyer here which I believe was the first run. There also were same runs for the SoCal Championships.

07 masters was the first publicly available. It was champ and most were a dead grass orange/yellow, but there were some other colors in there. I think there were 140 or so in that run. There were also some made for SoCal as a club fundraiser.

Has anybody had/seen/thrown echo stars that had the normal star stamp on them? I'd never heard of an echo star disc without the echo stamp on it before.

Seen, thrown, and have. I forgot there was an echo stamp. The regular stamped echo's look and fly like the descriptions on this thread.

Latest posts