• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

ya, I live at 5000' here in Idaho, but in two months I will be living at 950' in West Virginia. A worn Pro won't straighten out at all?

peppermack said:
ya, I live at 5000' here in Idaho, but in two months I will be living at 950' in West Virginia. A worn Pro won't straighten out at all?
I have a new Pro, seasoned Pro, and beat Pro. Pretty big difference in HSS, but virtually the same LSS. The seasoned and beat Pros will finish dead ahead via an s-curve, but none of them fly "straight." If you're going to sea level, I don't know what the effect will be, but my experience is that LSS doesn't vary as much as HSS, so I'd expect the experience to be similar.

All in all, though, I consider a new Pro Destroyer to be pretty straight. Fading 50' forward AND 100' left is not typical, in my experience you should be in the circle if your Destroyer faded 50' forward and you threw straight at the basket. Still, I carry Valks for straight shots.

peppermack said:

Once you move east, try and make it over to KY. I'll meet up with ya for a round, any time I can. I live in Louisville (~3 hrs from WV) and my wife's fam lives in Lexington (2hrs from WV).

I'm looking into Destroyers as well. I have been impressed with E* plastic and was trying to decide between that and Pro. I'm moving up in D, up to about 400' consistently, max around 425'. Goal for end of May is 450'.

Should i just stick with my beasts? I can get them out to 425', FYI. Just don't know what to do and don't want to keep buying and trying plastic if others have already been there, done that.

Daniel

peppermack said:
I would love to play some DG with ya Daniel, I am yet to play any DG with the DGR brethren!

yeah sounds like I'll miss the window to play a round with you when we head to Manhattan MT in August for our Yellowstone trip, congrats on the move tho!!

niuvalleycane said:
peppermack said:
I would love to play some DG with ya Daniel, I am yet to play any DG with the DGR brethren!

yeah sounds like I'll miss the window to play a round with you when we head to Manhattan MT in August for our Yellowstone trip, congrats on the move tho!!

Thanks man, when were you coming out again? We are moving in mid July?

picked up a 172 Echo the other day and it is fuckin' RIDICULOUS, so beefy i struggle to get it past 320 or so :( (regular Destroyer tosses go in the 380/400 realm for reference) i can throw my XXX a good deal past this thing, even in 20+ mph head winds i couldnt get her to flip up and go :? ...... do not want

Jesse B 707 said:
picked up a 172 Echo the other day and it is fuckin' RIDICULOUS, so beefy i struggle to get it past 320 or so :( (regular Destroyer tosses go in the 380/400 realm for reference) i can throw my XXX a good deal past this thing, even in 20+ mph head winds i couldnt get her to flip up and go :? ...... do not want

Domey or flat? Color?

drledford93 said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Domey or flat? Color?
domey as any E* i have, yellow w/ orange hues on top

Jesse B 707 said:
drledford93 said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Domey or flat? Color?
domey as any E* i have, yellow w/ orange hues on top

That's crazy...those are the ones I have in my bag (only 174). Mine were just overstable enough to not have any high speed turn when new. I've got one a little flippy now and it is nice. They do fade like mofos though, but they recover from a turn really well too.

The Echo I have is very domey, purple, still pretty new and max weight. Like discspeed said, it'll fade hard, but not before going straight for most of its flight. I've often been able to throw it 400'.

I've been testing a CFR Glow Champ Destroyer and this thing is a beast! It is more overstable and better in a headwind than any of my others. What's nice is that it is overstable and fairly flat, so it doesn't get slowed by the headwinds or pushed by crosswinds.

discspeed said:
I've been testing a CFR Glow Champ Destroyer and this thing is a beast! It is more overstable and better in a headwind than any of my others. What's nice is that it is overstable and fairly flat, so it doesn't get slowed by the headwinds or pushed by crosswinds.

More reliable than an X-Cal? What weight are you throwing? I need one thats better into the wind. My domey champ one is piggy but too slow into the wind and I've been gettting more power on my backhands lately and my newer pro ones are flipping too. It's been really windy lately though.

TeamTollandDG said:
discspeed said:

More reliable than an X-Cal? What weight are you throwing? I need one thats better into the wind. My domey champ one is piggy but too slow into the wind and I've been gettting more power on my backhands lately and my newer pro ones are flipping too. It's been really windy lately though.

Our whole stock of them weight 175-176. I haven't tested our CFR glow Xcals because they are all heavier than that...177-178. I don't mind 176s in my bag, but I don't like getting used to any heavier in the case that they actually enforce the rules one of these days.

discspeed said:
TeamTollandDG said:
discspeed said:

Our whole stock of them weight 175-176. I haven't tested our CFR glow Xcals because they are all heavier than that...177-178. I don't mind 176s in my bag, but I don't like getting used to any heavier in the case that they actually enforce the rules one of these days.

Yeah that's pretty heavy. I generally keep my driver weight around 172. I've got a new star X-cal I'm going to give a few rounds

I have tried Xcals...they are a little more stable than a beefy Destroyer, but not stable enough to be throw hard and flat into the wind. Since I'd rather stick to one distance mold and the Xcal is not significantly better, I just go with the Destroyer. If they can make a super fast driver that has better HSS than a Boss without being any more LSS I would probably keep one just for the wind.

BLURR said:
Anybody else notice the stability difference between the one's that are marked *D and SDS on the bottom? All the SDS Destroyers I have are quite a bit more overstable than the old *D marked one's. Anybody else have the same experience?

I am curious if anyone knows this answer to this. I have heard this too, and I read somewhere that Nikko likes the "SDS" destroyers. But of that last 50 or so star destroyers that came in at my shop, there was almost an even mix. Most said *DS, but at least 15-20 were marked S/DS. I can tell that it's different handwriting between the two, and there are no noticeable differences in terms of plastic composition or domeyness, so it might just be two different employees who have two different ways they like to mark it. Anyone have some insight?

pg043 said:
BLURR said:
Anybody else notice the stability difference between the one's that are marked *D and SDS on the bottom? All the SDS Destroyers I have are quite a bit more overstable than the old *D marked one's. Anybody else have the same experience?

I am curious if anyone knows this answer to this. I have heard this too, and I read somewhere that Nikko likes the "SDS" destroyers. But of that last 50 or so star destroyers that came in at my shop, there was almost an even mix. Most said *DS, but at least 15-20 were marked S/DS. I can tell that it's different handwriting between the two, and there are no noticeable differences in terms of plastic composition or domeyness, so it might just be two different employees who have two different ways they like to mark it. Anyone have some insight?

Innova never pays close attention to this stuff. I've noticed mistakes and variation in the writing on the backs of all of their discs over time. I highly doubt it denotes anything specific.

Latest posts