• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Did you check the PLH on the sds destroyers you bought? I ask because I noticed the e* sds are not nearly as stable...

are they even using starlite anymore? i thought i heard that they stopped using it since they started the stabilization process because they wouldnt need it?

Booter said:
are they even using starlite anymore? i thought i heard that they stopped using it since they started the stabilization process because they wouldnt need it?

dunno. But I do know the lightweight destroyers are overstable as hell.

The 2 starlight destroyers I've seen were marked sds on the back and had the same grittiness as my starlight bosses. I haven't thrown one but would imagine they are crazy overstable too.

I don't believe that the difference in marking really guarantees a difference in flight. I say that because I've seen sds that are less stable and *ds that are more stable. I really just look for dome and plh to get what I want. Plh doesn't need any explanation. I tend to look for a moderate dome. Crazy poppy top dome seems to give too much side to side movement and too flat seems to have less glide. For now I would prefer too flat as opposed to too domey. I can deal with a little less glide more so than crazy side to side movement. I do still have a crazy poppy top star that I'm going to mess with a bit more to see if I can use it to my advantage.

Weights below 170 do tend to have a higher plh. Which sucks because I want my more stable into the wind discs to be a bit heavier.

The marking variations are just a question of style for the individual who's marking discs at that time. Some prefer * some prefer S.

So stopping by my local shop today they got there first shipment in. They had 2 Avery Jenkins Star Destroyers. One was an SDS and one was a *DS for those that care. Both felt really really nice. Kind of a gummy or softer feeling. However the weights were 167 and 170. I like 175 or atlest 172+.

I am wondering if all the Avery Destroyers feel this nice, or if its just some weird ones? Also what do people think of the Avery ones?

The one avery destroyer I have is a 169g SDS and it is the best feeling destroyer I have. It got a workout yesterday playing in winds ranging from 30 to 35 mph. In calm conditions it flies more stable than my P-PD2 did when it was new. The grip is really nice and lets me rip into it without worrying about it slipping out. It is definitely my most consistent distance driver.

Well I'm decided on destroyers as my warp speed driver of choice this year. I threw a bunch of them last Saturday after a round and was absolutely crushing them FH and BH.

I just ordered:
2 - 170 echo star (light green)
1 - 174 pro (light blue)
1 - 176 champ (neon red)
1 - 172 AJ star (white)

My plan is to beat the pro into super flippyness, the echo stars for max dee, the AJ star for stable backhand and the champ as a backup for my other champ (FH + Wind duties).

The Yellow echos I've got are between Star and Pro, the minty green one started out beefy.