• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

When I was in Minnesota this summer, I recall getting a nice s-curve from hyzer at 400-450' with a very mildly seasoned Pro Destroyer. Give it a little hyzer and throw it where you want to land, it would turn and track left for a while (LHBH), then come back and finish right where you were aiming. I thought I had hole 1 at Bryant Lake Park aced with such a throw, it turned and then faded back enough to get around the trees by the green, but it ended up being a little deep.

I would agree with jubuttib, they beat in at a pretty good rate, I wouldn't deflash them.

One thing I just noticed about them ie that its the same handwriting of all the s/ds I've seen and they are marked ES/DS so im guessing they are from the same run.

I have two of the yellow pop top echos, they're noticeably less stable than other echos to start with. They're halfway between Pro Destroyers and Star Destroyers, maybe leaning to the Pro side somewhat.

dgdave said:
I just snagged up 10 S/DS destroyers. Damn Ive got. A problem.
:lol: man you gotta realize you'll be throwing something else before you beat even one of those in.

Jesse B 707 said:
dgdave said:
I just snagged up 10 S/DS destroyers. Damn Ive got. A problem.
:lol: man you gotta realize you'll be throwing something else before you beat even one of those in.

Seems like he's been pretty consistant. His sig has been the same for almost 2 weeks :lol:

Seriously though I don't think the cpd2 will replace the destroyer. I've only thrown the ppd2 but it wasn't even close to knocking the destroyer out of my bag.

It's closer to 4 weeks. Get your shit straight.

Yummmmmm...
2011-02-10_16-13-19_354.jpg

how do the starlite destroyers fly to any of the others, or compared to a starlite boss? my local club has one sitting around, i was gonna snag it if it's still available. i won't throw it, mainly wanted it for trade bait if anybody throws these.

I've had a super domey white 172 pro and a fairly domey yellow 175 star. the star was UBER overstable compared to any other destroyer I've ever thrown [easily double digits]. The pro did as you mentioned get squirrelly on me once it started to truly break in. The star became an ashtray and unfortunately the pro had to be taken out of my bag a long time ago (loved it while it lasted though).

Me too. Can you pour one out for the first run star I lost on Sunday? I love my sds destroyers, don't know if the c-pd2s can replace them. Dgdave, what's your destroyer lineup? I have 3 in my bag, all of various stabilities. Flippy 1st run, straight echo star, and overstable sds.

I've been rotating them to test them out really. Thrown 7 and they have all been about the same. Probably gonna go with C PD2, E SDS, SDS, and a pro for my distance discs.

Latest posts