• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

My local disc shop has a reeeaaally sexy super pearly blurple champ Firebird (stamp has no mention of Ken Climo), but it's only 165g. Any experience with these lighter FBs out there?

My local disc shop has a reeeaaally sexy super pearly blurple champ Firebird (stamp has no mention of Ken Climo), but it's only 165g. Any experience with these lighter FBs out there?

I love them. I use em for overhand and for forehands hyzers since my FH is relatively weak. If it's flat and you decide you don't want it, I could make it worth your while to pick it up and ship it to me. :D

I bought one of these. Flight numbers, but not Climo throwing, slight dome or shoulder? Super pearly purple 169g. So far it's massively stable :)

Got my first (and only so far) ace with this exact defined disc - a 165g. Blurple Champion Firebird. LOVE this disc, and was crazy lucky enough after retiring my "Ace Bird" to find it's exact twin at GGGT (165g, Blurple Champion FB with a gold mirrored stamp - no Climo)

...I actually have a theory that for whatever reason, Innova molds the 165-168 Champion Firebird in the most beautiful colors. All the 150-160 and 170+ FBs I have seen are the stock, boring colors, but the mid-160s are a sight to behold! ...something that seems to only be true for this mold in this weight range that I have seen - which is great as I'm a 160's thrower. Honestly, even the "stock/boring" colors in the mid-160s are a cool looking transitional/swirly/multi-tone variation on the color. :thmbup:

Anywho... I fully support and love the mid-160s FB. The flight is a tick less aggressive (read: Meathook city) than the heavier FBs I've thrown and the colors can't be beat.

Just my .02 :)

Bad news for 11x collectors - the new 12x flat runs are every bit as good. Funny to see people try to protect the price of their plastic by telling how awful discs are that they haven't thrown. 11x FB's are now $15 discs.

OUDlr.jpg

Hey Booter, how would you compare star to 11x, also, how would you compare a star firebird to a star monster or an ESP pred?

feldbergfirebird.jpg

this is my back up

CE-FB.jpg

this is one of the two firebirds currently in my bag. the other is a candy pro. gotta love a nice firebird!