• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

The 37th Rochester Flying Disc Open is now in the books. Results here http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/68673 The Genesee Valley Park temp course was used for this event. It was a nice warm sunny day with a slight breeze. Lots of OB made for challenging rounds with great competition. Many holes really made you think before throwing.

Now that we've seen how it plays, some things will be tweaked and improved to make it as good as it can be for Worlds. It will only get better with flypads and high end baskets. If you played in the tournament feedback is welcome!

Burn hole 16 to the ground! Lol!! Ruined me in the last round. Not to blame the course for my lack of skills, but I have a feeling that hole wasn't well recieved by anybody...

And he's not kidding about the OB. There's a lot, but it was still a very fun course.

I'm stoked for both Rochester and Charlotte next year. Never been to Rochester, but reading the mass of history, I can't wait. I've been to Charlotte and the queen city will always put high expectations on areas boasting top courses :)

History aside, I think we have some courses that will really surprise you guys. Widener Park has really evolved a ton since it was Baker Farm in the '99 Worlds.

Our real gem is Parma, however. It's kind of our secret now, and the recent improvements are making it even better. The cat's gonna be out of the bag on that course in a few months!

And yes. The amount of work the Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club is putting into this should really be commended, especially with the rain and red tape we've been battling. It seems like two steps forward, one step back at times, but Walker and scores of others all the way from Buffalo and Syracuse have been working their arses off every day on one course or another. Kudos!

Anybody seen the article in the latest magazine about professional fighter Ben Askren? He's coming to am worlds and plans on winning.

Come on, don't you want to say you fought a championship fighter for a world title? Of course the battle will be on the course, not the ring... but you can leave that part out when you tell your friends.

Am Worlds needs your help. We need you to play!!! Registration is on the rise, but slowly. What can I do to put you in this DG Tourney today?

"The more the merrier" has never been truer. Wouldn't it be great if there were 700 people at Am Worlds?

If you've got a local forum for disc golf, please re-post and pass along the information here. Don't forget about the site too, 2011amworlds.com

rumor has it the county has started work on teepads at Ellison. To all those who said it would never ever happen.... phhhhhtttt:p

Monday Field events are taking shape. The air at Genesee Valley Park is going to be filled with flying discs!

The area has been laid out for the distance competition. Over 700 ft of wide open space is waiting for your long arm. The putting area will feature elevation, and the mini golf will be every bit as challenging as a full scale course. Also the EDGE competition will require all of your DG skills.

If you're not participating in these events put just want to come watch, there will be plenty of action for you. Discraft will be on site with a couple of there cannon-armed team discraft players to show you how it's done. Take the HOTT SHOTTS skills challenge for free.

Started working on Flypads at Ellison yesterday. Should be done tonight, or by Friday.

That means that everyone who said they would give Ellison a better rating if it wasn't for the tee-pads needs to change their review.

Ready... Go.

Walker, what exactly is the EDGE skillshot competetion entail? My wife signed me up for it and I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for any help you can provide, Tim

Started working on Flypads at Ellison yesterday. Should be done tonight, or by Friday.

My wife and I are in NC for the week visiting family. I was bummed when I learned that this was going on. I would have loved to be part of the install. Can't say how pumped I am about getting these new tee's. Ellison is my home course.

Here's a shout out to all who are volunteering their time to make this happen!!

Thanks Chuck for the EDGE info.

Work continued on flypads today. Limited man power and not being allowed to drive vehicles on the course slowed progress. But we still accomplished quite a bit. I'm confident they will be done by dusk tomorrow.

illuminatefreak when you come home you can look forward to not rolling your ankle and shaving a few strokes off your Ellison scores.

Next up for work days is Basil July 9th--removing more of the downed/dead trees and cleaning up fairways.

Alright... After much debate, I'm in and registered... As far as I can tell, I'm the only Tennessee competitor so I'll do my best to represent.

My girlfriend and I reserved 7 nights at Hamlin Beach Park. Any info from folks up there on the condition, quality of the sites up there? Safe? Nice facility?

We aren't too skiddish so you can give me the truth...

Latest posts