• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

I don't know about the camping.... I've never had to camp here. : )

...but I can say that Ellison park officially has 18 flypads ready to play. History has been made.

I would not be too worried about Hamlin Beach, Charlotte Beach...Maybe. Durand-Eastman...yes.
The parts you should be worried about is leaving your vehicle near Genesee Valley Park and anything near Lyell or Clinton.

Walker and NY crew:

I really appreciate all of your hard work getting these courses in such good shape for us. I'm excited to be the only TN competitor in the advanced field so far, but I'd also love to see some of my Tennessee brothers and sisters SIGN UP!!! 11 days left.

FLYMART QUESTION!!:

I couldn't pass up buying tickets for Cananduiga, NY Tuesday night to see Furthur (Grateful Dead), but I can't believe I'm gonna miss the Flymart. If you're planning on being a vendor there with old school collectible discs (CE, 10x-11x KC Pro plastic, other old school sweeties), then please PM me with info so we can meet up sometime that week. I can get pretty $$ SPENDY $$ around bins of old school plastic... :)

Will vendors be setting up at the other player's parties? I've never attended Worlds and missed the Flymart!!!

Thanks!
Robby Uhrman #20177

FYI: June 20th the local club is hosting a media event at Ellison between 12:00 and 3:00PM. We will be pairing media members with players in a pro/am style best shot doubles round. If any out-of-towners are around, it might be cool to show people coming from different states to be here.

This sucks... I wanted to be financially ready for this and I'm not.

I guess theres always charlotte next year.

I don't know about the camping.... I've never had to camp here. : )

...but I can say that Ellison park officially has 18 flypads ready to play. History has been made.

Are those permanent? I'll be passing through a couple weeks after worlds.

Are those permanent? I'll be passing through a couple weeks after worlds.
Yes. They're rubber fly-pads. There are pictures on the 2011 Am's Facebook page. I'm in one of the pics, as is walker. Initially, the town talked about removing them for winter, but I don't see that happening.

Look me up when you're in town!

Sweet, thanks. I will when we have a better idea of when we're coming through.

The Caddybook is online. Due to environmental and budget concerns, we will not be printing a physical copy for everyone. If you want one please download the pdf, print it, and bring it with you!

http://2011amworlds.com/?l=t&pageStewardLink=7063

Sign Language Connection (www.slc-inc.com) will be providing sign language interpretive services for the player's meeting and awards ceremony for the hearing impaired attending these events.

Hey all,

It's not too late to sponsor a hole at the 2011 Am Worlds. We're still looking for tee sponsors at $100/hole.

We're looking for any and all to sponsor: Clubs, leagues, disc retailers, non-golf related retailers, restaurants, individual folks. Or even grab a few friends and split a tee sign.

All the info, pricing, and contact are in our sponsorship packet here:
http://2011amworlds.com/diyFiles/2011amworldssponsorshippkg.pdf

Please step up and help make this tournament as good as it can be!

Couple weeks before World's and I've screwed up my leg! At doctor today and will still be there - Just maybe not as healthy as I'd hoped!

Genesee Valley Park now has sleeves. Baskets and flypads going in on Monday.

TODAY (FRIDAY) IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER!

Register Folks!

Let's get these numbers up!

We need >200 in ADV...

Looking like 3 pools, eh? 60 in each roughly...

When will pool assignments post?

I would not be too worried about Hamlin Beach, Charlotte Beach...Maybe. Durand-Eastman...yes.
The parts you should be worried about is leaving your vehicle near Genesee Valley Park and anything near Lyell or Clinton.

the man speaks the truth

FYI: June 20th the local club is hosting a media event at Ellison between 12:00 and 3:00PM. We will be pairing media members with players in a pro/am style best shot doubles round. If any out-of-towners are around, it might be cool to show people coming from different states to be here.

presuming you meant july 20th? :D
i'm getting in on the 19th and will probably be playing ellison then anyway. i'm actually heading there straight from the airport on tuesday.
can't wait to get back and play all these great courses. thanks for cleaning them up for us and getting pads in guys!

Genesee Valley Park now has sleeves. Baskets and flypads going in on Monday.

TODAY (FRIDAY) IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER!

awesome! that means i can play tuesday when i get into town :thmbup:

I picked up a CFR Am Worlds Archon couple weeks ago and I love it. Looooooonnnnng flex shots - actually put it 15 ft from basket 11 at basil, an it's a 465ft hole....just hope I can do it at worlds, it'd be my first official eagle....

Check this out... if you'll be in Rochester Sunday the 24th (Registration Day). Come out to the German House for food, drink specials, and to meet your competitors!! There will be three great Rochester bands for your entertainment, and maybe some kan jam or mini golf. Am Worlds competitors get in for a small $2 cover (pays the bands a little)

GHconcert.bmp

mixed doubles

A change in plans has me getting to Rochester a couple days early, so I'd like to play the mixed doubles tournament on Sunday the 24th. Does anyone know if pre-registration is a must for that? If not, then my second question would be if anyone knows a female competitor in need of a partner? Figured I'd check here before calling the TD. Thanks.

Latest posts